S4 Intent: Intent 4: Governance Accessibility
Update: Bounties live on DeWork.
Proposed Mission: This Mission proposal is to create a bounty board for governance related analytics, such as analytics around grant recipients. The bounty program will be run and maintained by an Alliance compromised of OP Labs employees. Some bounties may be restricted to contributors who have previously contributed, known as numbaNERDs. The entire requested grant goes towards program participants and not to the Alliance. All program participants will need to complete KYC before receiving grant funds.
Proposal Tier: Phoenix
Please verify that you meet the qualifications for submitting at the above tier: Chuxin is an OP Labs Employee.
Baseline grant amount: 75k OP (Entire grant amount goes to participants not Alliance).
% of total available Intent Budget: 0.025%
Please check here if access to upfront capital is a barrier to completing your Mission and you would like to be considered for a small upfront cash grant: No
Alliance: OP Labs
Alliance Lead: Chuxin
Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
L2 recipient address: TBC
Please list the members of your Alliance and link to any previous work:
- Chuxin - Data Analyst at OP Labs
- Michael - Data Analyst at OP Labs
- Vee - Head of Contributions at Optimism Foundation
- Established NERD program, Ambassador program. Technical background. More info here.
Please explain how this Mission will help accomplish the above Intent:
- Accountability for Governance Fund Grants has been a big concern over past few seasons. This Alliance has created public dashboards and analytic tools that has made data more transparent, now we want to create a bounty program that makes that transparent data more actionable & accessible.
What makes your Alliance well-suited to execute this Mission?
- Michael and Chuxin run Analytics at OP Labs and have a deep understanding of what sets “good” analytics apart from misleading numbers. They have also put countless hours into creating the data infrastructure, such as address mappings, needed to accurately draw insights. Vee runs and creates the Contribution Paths at Optimism Foundation, and understands what it takes to get a community program from 0 to 1.
Please list the critical milestone(s) that should be tracked to determine if you should receive your grant in one year:
- Bounty board published - 17th July
- Top 10 grant recipient projects (by Grant size) have analytics as a result of a bounty - 20th September
How should Token House delegates measure progress towards this Mission:
- Bounty board published - 13th July
- 30 bounties successfully completed - 20th September.
How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?
- At the end of Season 4 a survey will be sent to delegates to determine if numbaNERD analytics were 1) used in their decision making process 2) if they were found to be useful and or insightful when making decisions.
- Bounties or dashboards that uncover misused or misspent grants. Watchdog type role.
Breakdown of Mission budget request:
- A minimum of 30 bounties - broken down between easy, medium & hard. All bounty recipients will have to pass KYC before receiving bounties.
- Easy - Low context work | 420 OP
- Medium - Some context or specific skill required | 1420 OP
- Hard - High context or complex understanding required | 2420 OP
I confirm that my grant will be subject to clawback for failure to execute on critical milestones: Yes
I confirm that I have read and understand the grant policies: Yes
I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: [Yes/No]: Yes
I understand that I will be expected to following the public grant reporting requirements outlined here: [Yes/No]: Yes