S4 Intent 3: Spread Awareness of the Optimistic Vision (Intent 3)
Proposed Mission: Publish a dedicated “OP News” section in our existing Ethereum News podcast (pod.link/eth). This grant will help guarantee an OP-related flash news story per day as part of the broader Ethereum News podcast.
Proposal Tier 46: Ember
Please verify that you meet the qualifications for submitting at the above Tier: We are yet to have done work for or with the Optimism Collective and have never received retroPGF.
Baseline grant amount: 6k OP
% of total available Intent Budget: 0.6%
All Mission grants are locked for a period of one year. Please check here if access to upfront capital is a barrier to completing your Mission and if you would like to be considered for a small upfront cash grant: Yes
Alliance name: ETH Daily @ethdaily
Alliance Lead: ETH Daily @ethdaily
Contact info: Twitter @ethdaily
L2 recipient address: ethdaily.eth 0xEB40A065854bd90126A4E697aeA0976BA51b2eE7
Please list the members of your Alliance and link to any previous work:
ETH Daily - Host, editor, content producer
- Responsibilities: source news, write briefings, record, edit, publish, and syndicate content via RSS, social, and video platforms.
- Background: Involved in crypto since 2017. I am passionate about using audio as a medium to educate and inform users about the power of web3 financial and infrastructure tools.
- Current and past work: ethdaily.io
Please explain how this Mission will help accomplish the above Intent:
This mission will help accomplish Intent 3 by providing an outlet for users to stay informed about updates in the Optimism ecosystem. Our mission targets the creation of a timely and informational resource. As a result, OP News will help onboard new users and keep existing users engaged.
What makes your Alliance well-suited to execute this Mission?
- Over 5 years of experience in content production.
- Special focus on daily news programming.
- Past work includes a crypto flash briefing with over 75k monthly downloads.
- ETH Daily currently reaches 10k monthly downloads.
- ETH Daily has 127k total downloads since July 2022 (1 year).
- Strive to provide timely and informational updates.
- Full creative process execution (sourcing, research, writing, recording, editing, publishing, optimizing).
Please list a critical milestone. The critical milestone should be a measure of whether you’ve made best efforts to execute what is outlined in this proposal or not. If you fail to achieve your critical milestone, your grant may be clawed back.
A critical milestone includes 30 published OP news stories (30 episodes) within 30 weekdays after grant approval.
How should Token House delegates measure progress towards this Mission: These should focus on progress towards completion. Including expected completion dates for each is recommended.
Since episodes are released each weekday, progress can be tracked on a daily basis.
- August 17th 1: 30 OP news stories (30 episodes)
- September 30th: 60 OP news stories (60 episodes)
How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission? These should be focused on performance and may be used by badgeholders to assess your Misson’s impact in the next round of RetroPGF.
- Number of podcast audio downloads (10k/mo benchmark).
- Number of Twitter impressions and/or video views.
- Number of Podcast NFTs collected.
- Number of new onchain subscribers.
Breakdown of Mission budget request:
100 OP per episode. 60 episodes total.
100 OP x 60 episodes = 6k OP
Funds will be allocated toward searching and creating an “OP News” flash story. Since ETH Daily is published each weekday, this equates to 60 OP News stories at the rate of one per weekday for a total of 60 podcast episodes. This will help cover our overhead (editing/publishing/hosting).
I confirm that my grant will be subject to clawback for failure to execute on critical milestones: Yes
I confirm that I have read and understand the grant policies: Yes
I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: Yes
I understand that I will be expected to follow the public grant reporting requirements outlined here: Yes