Delegate Commitments [OLD]

Name: Katie

Address or ENS: 0x75536CF4f01c2bFa528F5c74DdC1232Db3aF3Ee5

Discord username: katiegarcia#4914

Verification (Tally profile): Tally Profile

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: As a long time member of MakerDAO and former employee of the Maker Foundation, I have extensive interest and experience in governance. I thoroughly enjoy participating in governance and learning new ways in which it can be improved. I feel very aligned with the Optimistic Vision and I believe I would be a valuable asset to the Optimism Collective.

My view on the Optimistic Vision 2: I love the analogy of building a town that focuses on community and public goods. I believe that the Web 3 community is at an inflection point, and it’s critical to build communities that bring positivity (and optimism!) into the space.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

1. Iteration is crucial to governance. Without consistent experimentation and learning, it’s impossible to improve and move forward, which is essential to the success of any community.
  2. I find the model of the Token House and Citizens House super fascinating. This is not a governance model I have seen play out and I would love to participate.
  3. As the Operations Manager at the Maker Foundation from 2018 until dissolution, I am very familiar with the purpose of a Foundation and its role of bootstrapping governance. I understand the Foundation plays a critical role in enabling a community to fully decentralize, and I would be happy to provide any insight or knowledge where needed.

My Web3 interests:

DAOs, DeFi, Events, Governance, Identity, Music, Privacy, Security, Social impact, Wallets, Writing

Languages I speak and write: English

My skills and areas of expertise: Operations and governance are my main areas of expertise. I also like to bring positive vibes :smiley:

My favorite Web3 projects: MakerDAO (kinda bias lol), Tokemak (super rad UI and overall community), Element (love their governance model)

12 Likes