Season 4 Intent: Intent 3. Spread Awareness of the Optimistic Vision.
TLDR: Create a complete library resource for understanding Optimism, using top-notch explanations and animations.
This mission is for the creation of an exemplary educational video library dedicated to Optimism, to be widely used in the Community to effectively educate developers and users on Optimism. This content aims to establish a clear, concise, and comprehensive understanding of Optimism, backed by exceptional animations and effective explanations.
Our goal is to develop engaging, high-quality content that is not only captivating but also easily understandable. We plan to dive deep into the Optimistic Vision, the OpStack, and the Op protocol. Our primary objective is to ensure that knowledge of Optimism is accessible to all, in an enhanced and improved manner.
Importantly, the content will be created in both English and Spanish, broadening its reach and accessibility. This bilingual approach will cater to a diverse audience and foster a more inclusive learning environment. In future proposals, we are open to expanding the content into more languages, further promoting the global understanding of Optimism.
It’s crucial to note that this project is distinct from simply sponsoring content to content creators or marketing initiatives. The content produced as part of this mission is intended to be used by the Collective and community as an Optimism resource for everyone. This means it will be deeply aligned with the Optimism vision and values, and will serve as a reliable source of information about Optimism. This is not just about creating content; it’s about building a comprehensive educational foundation for the entire Optimism community.
We want to produce the most relevant and aligned content for the Optimism Collective.
Our proposed video series includes the following videos:
- Introduction to Optimism: Unpacking Optimism, its vision, and the entities revolving around it: the protocol, the collective, the foundation, and the company.
- The Optimism Collective: Exploring its mission, function, and structure.
- Public Goods: Understanding their importance, role in society and the ecosystem, and Optimism’s role in their sustainability.
- Retroactive Public Goods Funding: Explanation of its function, how it operates within Optimism, and its impact on the ecosystem.
- Optimistic Rollups: An overview of their functionality, fault proofs, and specifications.
- The OP Mainnet: Insight into its design philosophy, functionality, security model, and the journey towards decentralization.
- The Op Stack: Introduction to its design principles and landscape.
- The Superchain: Explanation of its properties, benefits, multi-proof security, multi-chain dapps, and scalability vision.
Upon completion, we anticipate a series of 15 videos (each 10 minutes) that effectively communicate the complex concepts of Optimism in a simple appealing and engaging manner.
To further incentivize and measure community engagement, we’ll also implement the following strategy: Create and distribute a quiz designed to measure the enhancement in understanding of Optimism among the viewers. To encourage participation, we suggest offering rewards such as POAPs or NFTs from the Collective. This approach will not only help the viewers, but also immensely aid us in quantifying the impact of the Mission. (See KPI’s section)
To give you a better idea of what we’re proposing, we’ve created a demo video that showcases the style, quality, and approach of the educational content we plan to create. You can take a look at it here!
Support needed from the Collective
- Collaborate closely with members from the Optimism Foundation, OP Labs, and Governance Delegates to receive feedback on scripts and align content.
- Including relevant content inside Optimism Documentation (Similar as done in Ethereum.org, example)
- Signal support and alignment of content by using it within the ecosystem and social media.
In the spirit of openness and collective ownership, we want to make it clear that all the educational content produced as part of this mission will be free for use by any individual, organization, or entity interested in learning more about Optimism. Additionally, all materials will carry the Optimism branding, reflecting their origin and alignment with the collective’s vision and values.
Alliance name: Cryptoversidad Team
Alliance Lead: Diego Mares
Members, descriptions and links.
- Diego: Founder and leader of Cryptoversidad. Also contributes to EthMexico, EthKipu, EthGlobal, and EthDenver.
- Ben**:** Co-founder and adviser, guiding the business direction of the project.
- Pilar: Head of Research. In charge of our Educational Platform and researching/scripting our amazing content. Also, Push Ambassador.
- Dani: Audiovisual Producer. The hand behind our amazing animations.
- Robert: Operations Assistant. Helps identify and solve all types of problems! (Push Ambassador and EthLima Lead
- Lore: Comms. The mind behind social media, she nurtures the community.
- Created more than 50 hours of high-quality content for free.
- Reached more than 82k people with our content.
- We were grant recipients with the Ethereum Foundation to create content about Ethereum.
- We’ve worked multiple times with Aave Grants DAO to explain their protocol.
- Launched a free Spanish course for begginers to get onboarded into blockchain and Ethereum.
- We’ve hosted more than 20 online events, participated in Devcon, EthLatam, EthMexico and EthColombia as speakers/volunteers.
Our Alliance has a unique blend of a deep understanding of blockchain technology, strong educational capabilities, and expertise in audiovisual production. The following three key strengths underscore our potential to execute this mission successfully and exceptionally.
- Extensive Experience: We have a rich history of creating educational content in the crypto space, demonstrating our adeptness at clearly and effectively explaining intricate concepts and systems. Our content is renowned for its accessibility and clarity.
- Innovative Animation Style: Our cutting-edge animation style is not only engaging but also aids comprehension of complex subjects. By leveraging striking graphics, seamless transitions, and a range of visual elements, we transform challenging topics into digestible and captivating content. See our demo here
- Alignment with Optimism: We are deeply committed to the vision and values of Optimism, which is reflected in our content and approach. Our passion for this area ensures our work resonates with the mission of spreading awareness about Optimism.
Explain how this Mission will help accomplish the above intent:
The mission aims to create a comprehensive educational video library about Optimism, these resources are intended to be universally accessible and shareable, within the Optimism Collective, but also beyond its boundaries. Thereby aligning perfectly with the intent to spread awareness of the Optimistic vision. This will help foster a better understanding of the Optimistic vision across the ecosystem, promoting its alignment, adoption and utilization.
Critical Milestones. (Timing assuming we start on July 3rd, we can adapt them)
- Planning and scripting Content: Developing a detailed plan for each video in the series and drafting scripts that are clear and easy to understand. (Expected duration: 3 weeks)
- Reviewing and feedback: Reviewing the content with experts and the community, making necessary changes, and finalizing the scripts. Support from different members of the Collective is important to create the most aligned content (Expected duration: 1 week)
- Production: Creating high-quality animations and recording voiceovers for each video. (Expected duration: 4-5 weeks)
- Launch and completion: Releasing the video series, incorporating it into Optimism Documentation, sharing it with the community, and gathering feedback. (Due September 9th)
How should Token House delegates measure progress towards this Mission?
Token House delegates can assess progress towards this mission by monitoring the achievement of each milestone detailed in the timeline provided above. We will post updates to the Governance Forum every 2 weeks.
How should Badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?
Badgeholders can measure the impact of this mission using the following 3 KPI’s:
- Increased Understanding: This can be quantitatively assessed by the results of the quizzes we plan to implement for the series. An average high answer score would indicate a better understanding of Optimism among viewers.
- Viewership Statistics: The total number of video views along with engagement statistics such as likes, shares, and comments would provide a measure of the content’s reach and audience interest. High viewership and engagement rates would indicate successful dissemination of knowledge about Optimism.
- Community Feedback: Qualitative input from the community regarding the effectiveness and clarity of the content.
For transparency and clarity, we would like to inform the community that we are also proposing a separate mission for Intent 4, “Facilitate and Explain Optimism Governance”. While both missions aim to create educational content about Optimism, they focus on different aspects and are designed to achieve distinct objectives. Read the other Mission here.
Proposal Tier: Fledgling Tier, as we were recipients of RPGF round 2, in the education section.
Baseline grant amount: 55k OP.
% of total available Intent Budget: 5.5%
Ask for small upfront grant: Yes.
L2 recipient address: 0xb6d60c8D85609846D4e1a40B409Ac08ec413D27F
We request 55k OP for the completion of the project, details below.
In order to provide a comprehensive understanding of our budget request, we have analyzed similar proposals that have been approved or proposed within the Optimism community.
- Bankless Academy was granted 33k OP for the creation of a single lesson about L2’s. This project was approved and successfully executed, providing a valuable educational resource for the community.
- Another project, the Optimistic Series, which included a podcast, newsletter, and quests, was approved with a budget of 30k OP. This multi-faceted project provided a variety of resources for community members to engage with and learn from.
- A proposed project by Bankless Academy for a single lesson about Optimism has a proposed budget of 38k OP. This project, if approved, will provide a focused educational resource on Optimism.
Our mission involves the creation of an extensive video series, a larger and more ambitious project than the examples provided. Considering the scope of our project, the quality of content we aim to produce, and the costs associated with high-quality video production, we believe our budget request is in line with the value we aim to provide to the Optimism community.
Here’s the budget breakdown:
- Content Development: 20k OP - This covers the research, planning, and scripting for each video in the series, forming the educational foundation of our project.
- Design and Translation: 10k OP - This budget will be used for designing visual elements for the videos and translating content to make it accessible to a broader audience.
- Animation and Video Production: 20k OP - This portion of the budget is allocated for creating high-quality animations and recording voiceovers for each video, a resource-intensive but crucial part of the project.
- Project Management: 5k OP - This covers the costs associated with coordinating the project, including scheduling, communication, and ensuring timely progress.
We acknowledge the 1-year lockup rule and have factored it into our mission completion strategy. We are confident in our ability to execute this mission successfully within the stipulated timeframe.
I confirm that my grant will be subject to clawback for failure to execute on critical milestones: Yes
I confirm that I have read and understand the grant policies: Yes
I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: Yes
I understand that I will be expected to following the public grant reporting requirements outlined here: Yes
Lastly, here’s a sneak peek of the style and quality of the educational videos we plan to create, we’re sure you’ll like it!