[FINAL] Develop the most relevant and aligned audiovisual content for the Optimism Collective

Basic Info.

Season 4 Intent: Intent 3. Spread Awareness of the Optimistic Vision.

TLDR: Create a complete library resource for understanding Optimism, using top-notch explanations and animations.

> :point_right:t2:2min video explanation​:point_left:t2:

Mission Description:

This mission is for the creation of an exemplary educational video library dedicated to Optimism, to be widely used in the Community to effectively educate developers and users on Optimism. This content aims to establish a clear, concise, and comprehensive understanding of Optimism, backed by exceptional animations and effective explanations.

Our goal is to develop engaging, high-quality content that is not only captivating but also easily understandable. We plan to dive deep into the Optimistic Vision, the OpStack, and the Op protocol. Our primary objective is to ensure that knowledge of Optimism is accessible to all, in an enhanced and improved manner.

Importantly, the content will be created in both English and Spanish, broadening its reach and accessibility. This bilingual approach will cater to a diverse audience and foster a more inclusive learning environment. In future proposals, we are open to expanding the content into more languages, further promoting the global understanding of Optimism.

It’s crucial to note that this project is distinct from simply sponsoring content to content creators or marketing initiatives. The content produced as part of this mission is intended to be used by the Collective and community as an Optimism resource for everyone. This means it will be deeply aligned with the Optimism vision and values, and will serve as a reliable source of information about Optimism. This is not just about creating content; it’s about building a comprehensive educational foundation for the entire Optimism community.

:key: We want to produce the most relevant and aligned content for the Optimism Collective.

Our proposed video series includes the following videos:

1. Introduction to Optimism: Unpacking Optimism, its vision, and the entities revolving around it: the protocol, the collective, the foundation, and the company.
  2. The Optimism Collective: Exploring its mission, function, and structure.
  3. Public Goods: Understanding their importance, role in society and the ecosystem, and Optimism’s role in their sustainability.
  4. Retroactive Public Goods Funding: Explanation of its function, how it operates within Optimism, and its impact on the ecosystem.
  5. Optimistic Rollups: An overview of their functionality, fault proofs, and specifications.
  6. The OP Mainnet: Insight into its design philosophy, functionality, security model, and the journey towards decentralization.
  7. The Op Stack: Introduction to its design principles and landscape.
  8. The Superchain: Explanation of its properties, benefits, multi-proof security, multi-chain dapps, and scalability vision.

Upon completion, we anticipate a series of 15 videos (each 10 minutes) that effectively communicate the complex concepts of Optimism in a simple appealing and engaging manner.

To further incentivize and measure community engagement, we’ll also implement the following strategy: Create and distribute a quiz designed to measure the enhancement in understanding of Optimism among the viewers. To encourage participation, we suggest offering rewards such as POAPs or NFTs from the Collective. This approach will not only help the viewers, but also immensely aid us in quantifying the impact of the Mission. (See KPI’s section)

To give you a better idea of what we’re proposing, we’ve created a demo video that showcases the style, quality, and approach of the educational content we plan to create. You can take a look at it here!

Support needed from the Collective

• Collaborate closely with members from the Optimism Foundation, OP Labs, and Governance Delegates to receive feedback on scripts and align content.
  • Including relevant content inside Optimism Documentation (Similar as done in Ethereum.org, :point_right:t2:example)
  • Signal support and alignment of content by using it within the ecosystem and social media.

In the spirit of openness and collective ownership, we want to make it clear that all the educational content produced as part of this mission will be free for use by any individual, organization, or entity interested in learning more about Optimism. Additionally, all materials will carry the Optimism branding, reflecting their origin and alignment with the collective’s vision and values.

About our Alliance

Alliance name: Cryptoversidad Team

Alliance Lead: Diego Mares

Members, descriptions and links.

1. Diego: Founder and leader of Cryptoversidad. Also contributes to EthMexico, EthKipu, EthGlobal, and EthDenver.
  2. Ben**:** Co-founder and adviser, guiding the business direction of the project.
  3. Pilar: Head of Research. In charge of our Educational Platform and researching/scripting our amazing content. Also, Push Ambassador.
  4. Dani: Audiovisual Producer. The hand behind our amazing animations.
  5. Robert: Operations Assistant. Helps identify and solve all types of problems! (Push Ambassador and EthLima Lead
  6. Lore: Comms. The mind behind social media, she nurtures the community.

Our previous work at Cryptoversidad.

• Created more than 50 hours of high-quality content for free.
  • Reached more than 82k people with our content.
  • We were grant recipients with the Ethereum Foundation to create content about Ethereum.
  • We’ve worked multiple times with Aave Grants DAO to explain their protocol.
  • Launched a free Spanish course for begginers to get onboarded into blockchain and Ethereum.
  • We’ve hosted more than 20 online events, participated in Devcon, EthLatam, EthMexico and EthColombia as speakers/volunteers.

What makes your Alliance well-suited to execute this Mission?

Our Alliance has a unique blend of a deep understanding of blockchain technology, strong educational capabilities, and expertise in audiovisual production. The following three key strengths underscore our potential to execute this mission successfully and exceptionally.

1. Extensive Experience: We have a rich history of creating educational content in the crypto space, demonstrating our adeptness at clearly and effectively explaining intricate concepts and systems. Our content is renowned for its accessibility and clarity.
  2. Innovative Animation Style: Our cutting-edge animation style is not only engaging but also aids comprehension of complex subjects. By leveraging striking graphics, seamless transitions, and a range of visual elements, we transform challenging topics into digestible and captivating content. See our demo here
  3. Alignment with Optimism: We are deeply committed to the vision and values of Optimism, which is reflected in our content and approach. Our passion for this area ensures our work resonates with the mission of spreading awareness about Optimism.

Evaluation of progress and success

Explain how this Mission will help accomplish the above intent:

The mission aims to create a comprehensive educational video library about Optimism, these resources are intended to be universally accessible and shareable, within the Optimism Collective, but also beyond its boundaries. Thereby aligning perfectly with the intent to spread awareness of the Optimistic vision. This will help foster a better understanding of the Optimistic vision across the ecosystem, promoting its alignment, adoption and utilization.

Critical Milestones. (Timing assuming we start on July 3rd, we can adapt them)

1. Planning and scripting Content: Developing a detailed plan for each video in the series and drafting scripts that are clear and easy to understand. (Expected duration: 3 weeks)
  2. Reviewing and feedback: Reviewing the content with experts and the community, making necessary changes, and finalizing the scripts. Support from different members of the Collective is important to create the most aligned content (Expected duration: 1 week)
  3. Production: Creating high-quality animations and recording voiceovers for each video. (Expected duration: 4-5 weeks)
  4. Launch and completion: Releasing the video series, incorporating it into Optimism Documentation, sharing it with the community, and gathering feedback. (Due September 9th)

How should Token House delegates measure progress towards this Mission?

Token House delegates can assess progress towards this mission by monitoring the achievement of each milestone detailed in the timeline provided above. We will post updates to the Governance Forum every 2 weeks.

How should Badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?

Badgeholders can measure the impact of this mission using the following 3 KPI’s:

1. Increased Understanding: This can be quantitatively assessed by the results of the quizzes we plan to implement for the series. An average high answer score would indicate a better understanding of Optimism among viewers.
  2. Viewership Statistics: The total number of video views along with engagement statistics such as likes, shares, and comments would provide a measure of the content’s reach and audience interest. High viewership and engagement rates would indicate successful dissemination of knowledge about Optimism.
  3. Community Feedback: Qualitative input from the community regarding the effectiveness and clarity of the content.

For transparency and clarity, we would like to inform the community that we are also proposing a separate mission for Intent 4, “Facilitate and Explain Optimism Governance”. While both missions aim to create educational content about Optimism, they focus on different aspects and are designed to achieve distinct objectives. Read the other Mission here.

Contact details and other stuff

Proposal Tier: Fledgling Tier, as we were recipients of RPGF round 2, in the education section.

Baseline grant amount: 55k OP.

% of total available Intent Budget: 5.5%

Ask for small upfront grant: Yes.

Contact info:

L2 recipient address: 0xb6d60c8D85609846D4e1a40B409Ac08ec413D27F

Breakdown of Mission Budget request🔴

We request 55k OP for the completion of the project, details below.

In order to provide a comprehensive understanding of our budget request, we have analyzed similar proposals that have been approved or proposed within the Optimism community.

• Bankless Academy was granted 33k OP for the creation of a single lesson about L2’s. This project was approved and successfully executed, providing a valuable educational resource for the community.
  • Another project, the Optimistic Series, which included a podcast, newsletter, and quests, was approved with a budget of 30k OP. This multi-faceted project provided a variety of resources for community members to engage with and learn from.
  • A proposed project by Bankless Academy for a single lesson about Optimism has a proposed budget of 38k OP. This project, if approved, will provide a focused educational resource on Optimism.

Our mission involves the creation of an extensive video series, a larger and more ambitious project than the examples provided. Considering the scope of our project, the quality of content we aim to produce, and the costs associated with high-quality video production, we believe our budget request is in line with the value we aim to provide to the Optimism community.

Here’s the budget breakdown:

1. Content Development: 20k OP - This covers the research, planning, and scripting for each video in the series, forming the educational foundation of our project.
  2. Design and Translation: 10k OP - This budget will be used for designing visual elements for the videos and translating content to make it accessible to a broader audience.
  3. Animation and Video Production: 20k OP - This portion of the budget is allocated for creating high-quality animations and recording voiceovers for each video, a resource-intensive but crucial part of the project.
  4. Project Management: 5k OP - This covers the costs associated with coordinating the project, including scheduling, communication, and ensuring timely progress.

We acknowledge the 1-year lockup rule and have factored it into our mission completion strategy. We are confident in our ability to execute this mission successfully within the stipulated timeframe.

Terms and Conditions✅

I confirm that my grant will be subject to clawback for failure to execute on critical milestones: Yes

I confirm that I have read and understand the grant policies: Yes

I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: Yes

I understand that I will be expected to following the public grant reporting requirements outlined here: Yes

Lastly, here’s a sneak peek of the style and quality of the educational videos we plan to create, we’re sure you’ll like it!

5 Likes

Hi @dmars300! Wanted to make sure you were aware of the Optimism Season 4 Pitching Sessions to help find the 4 delegate approvals you’ll need by this Wednesday at 19:00 GMT for your proposal to move to a vote.

These sessions are happening in Discord on Monday, 26.06 2pm ET / 6pm GMT / 8pm CET and Tuesday, 27.06 11am ET / 3pm GMT / 5pm CET.

You can sign-up here!

1 Like

Fan here of education endeavours and quantifiable performance metrics for content

Could you report per video, views and total or average time or % watched? As would be cool to understand both the topics that attract the most interest and topics that hold audience attention

1 Like

Hey Lee. Metrics definitely guide us and help us know better the interests of the community. And yes, of course we can provide these metrics per video to have better insights within the Collective!
Let me know if you have any more questions or feedback. We’d love to improve our proposal as much as possbile:)

1 Like

Hi @dmars300 I am checking this missions, will the content be only in English or Spanish?

1 Like

Hey Axlvaz, the content will be produced in both English and Spanish!
Let me know if you have any more questions and we;d love your comments

2 Likes

Greetings, This is so nice. I think videos will be easier to make people understand than documents. Few questions i would like to ask

• Will you update this library and release new content when Optimism receives new updates? Or Is this a one-time content creation?

• What method do you intend to use to spread and promote the videos you’ve created?

• Are you planning to add subtitles to videos in other languages?

Thank you so much have a nice day :partying_face:

Greetings, 0xdilara! Thank you for your questions. Allow me to provide improved answers:

1. We understand the value of keeping the library up to date. While this particular content creation is a one-time effort, we are open to the idea of updating the videos whenever Optimism receives significant updates. However, this decision ultimately depends on the Collective’s support on further Missions.
  2. To ensure widespread accessibility, we have planned various methods to spread and promote the videos we’ve created. Firstly, the videos are intended to be featured in Optimism’s Documentation and governance Forum, where users can easily access them while seeking information. Additionally, we will leverage popular platforms like YouTube and Lens to share the videos and reach a broader audience.
  3. Although subtitles in other languages have not been initially included in our plans, we are more than willing to consider it if there is a specific demand from the community. If users express their interest and provide requests for subtitles in different languages, we would be delighted to explore the possibility of adding multilingual subtitles to enhance inclusivity.

Thank you for your questions, and I hope you have a fantastic day!

Thank you so much for your answers. All are clear and reasonable. As I said, I find this a really good idea for the growth of ecosystem. Good luck with your work :smirk_cat:

1 Like

Delegates, we need you. We believe this mission can be extremely beneficial to the ecosystem. We want to receive feedback and need at least 4 delegate approvals.
CC: Tagging the most active delegates:
@MinimalGravitas, @Griff @mastermojo @lefterisjp @katie @ceresstation @polynya @linda

As a contributor of @seedlatam for the @Joxes delegation, I have analyzed this mission following the criteria mentioned in this post.

• The proposal is excellent and well-detailed. The work and effort behind it are evident.

• Regarding the requested funds, I consider them to be a bit high. However, considering the reach of Criptoversidad, I believe they fall within a tolerable range.

• As for the proposed scope, it would be beneficial to have more details on the potential numbers that can be achieved.

As mentioned in another post, I am familiar with Criptoversidad, and I believe this proposal can be highly beneficial for the Optimism Ecosystem. Therefore, I am IN FAVOR of this mission.

CC: @Joxes

2 Likes

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power , and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote

2 Likes

Thank you @AxlVaz

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power, and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

3 Likes

I am one of the Synthetix Ambassadors, and a Optimism Badgeholder. I am an Optimism delegate [Delegate Commitments - #65 by mastermojo ] with sufficient voting power, & I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

2 Likes

Delegates, we are only missing 1 approval to move on to the round. Let me know if you have any feedback or comments!
Tagging some active delegates here:) Thank you!
@blockchainatusc, @MoneyManDoug, @kvny2046, @lefterisjp, @max-andrew, @GFXlabs

Thanks for the proposal. I am supportive of more educational content in the Optimism ecosystem. The amount requested is on the high end for me but I don’t see this as a blocker to providing a delegate approval to move towards a vote especially since there is only 1 more approval needed to do so.

I am an Optimism delegate [Delegate Commitments - #37 by linda] with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

1 Like

Thanks, delegates, for your comments and feedback on the proposal. We really appreciate your input in helping us make it better. Here are our replies to each delegate:

@AxlVaz and @Joxes: Thanks for your comments and thoughts on the budget. Let us know if you have any specific concerns we should address.

@Griff: Big thanks for your support! We’ve seen your active involvement in the Governance Forum, and we appreciate all the work you do in the Collective🔴.

@mastermojo: Thank you for supporting the proposal. If you have any comments to add value, feel free to share them!

@linda: We’re grateful for your support, which helped us move to the voting stage. Regarding the budget, we’d love to hear what you think is the ideal sweetspot.

Once again, thank you, let’s spread the Optimistic Vision Together!
Diego

2 Likes

Hi, how is this different from the other proposal, for hiwch you’re requesting 30k OP? [FINAL] Facilitate and empower community members to actively engage in governance through an educational course

Here’s what you have here:

and here’s what is in the other one

And what is your thesis for how these videos are going to bring about the kind of activity we’re hoping for?

And when I look at the uptake here:

how can we we sure this is actually going to reach an audience, when most of these videos have double-digit views?

3 Likes

Hey @jackanorak, thank you for your question. We appreciate your engagement and the opportunity to clarify the difference between our two proposals.
I’m, happy to clarify your questions:

Regarding the difference between our proposals:

1. Proposal under Intent 3: “Spread Awareness of the Optimistic Vision”
  • This proposal aims to create an educational video series covering various aspects of Optimism, such as its vision, entities involved, public goods, retroactive public goods funding, Optimistic Rollups, Op Mainnet, Op Stack, and the Superchain.
  • The goal is to provide a clear understanding of Optimism and make knowledge accessible to all.
  1. Proposal under Intent 4: “Governance Accessibility”
  • This proposal focuses on creating a comprehensive educational course specifically on Optimism governance.
  • The content will cover the governance process, decision-making structure, voting mechanisms, Token House and Badgeholders, and more.
  • The goal is to empower community members to actively engage in governance.

Each proposal has its own distinct value and purpose, contributing to the overall education and empowerment of the Optimism community.

Regarding the reach of the proposal.

It is important to note that this mission is not a marketing service. The proposal’s focus is on delivering exceptional content that provides in-depth knowledge and captures viewers’ attention. While viewership is important, the primary objective is to create valuable resources that contribute to spreading awareness and understanding of Optimism within the community.
The service is the creation of high-quality, well researched and easily explained videos.
In addition, we do acknowledge reach is important, that is why we’re looking to collaborate with the Optimism Foundation, OP Labs, and Governance Delegates is sought to align the content and integrate it into Optimism’s official documentation and resources. By including the videos in these channels, the collective’s support can help in distributing and making the educational content easily accessible to the community. If you can help us the right path with this, it’d be increibily helpful.

Again, thanks for your high quality comments, we are happy to provide further explanations!

1 Like

First of all, we would like to express that the videos you have previously prepared are highly informative and engaging. Although we, as a team, find the requested grant amount a bit high, we understand that it is a reasonable amount considering that the tokens will be received after one year.

As ITU Blockchain, we vote in favor of this mission. When your content is ready, we will definitely watch it and share our feedback.

1 Like