[FINAL] Develop the most relevant and aligned audiovisual content for the Optimism Collective

I’m voting yes on this proposal. I was on the fence since the amount requested is high for me but my colleague Yesim Kaymak’s input was helpful to get me to a yes.

1 Like

My two gwie :-

Formulate your own budget, you dont need to co-relate it with other proposal. Bankless was awarded 33K but you might not have audience reach like them.

Voting in favor because of this.

Optimism gov is continuously evolving , each season bring new changes and you have an opportunity here to make video on new them. You can also go beyond the goal of this specific intent, keep on creating education content and you might be eligible to RPGF. If you need any help, feel free to dm me.

1 Like

@linda Thank you for your support. We’ll be sure to make the best out of it!

@OPUser
Thank you for your support and valuable feedback. We appreciate your vote in favor of our proposal. We understand the importance of creating ongoing educational content to keep up with the evolving Optimism governance landscape. We’ll definitely consider your suggestion of going beyond the specific intent and continue creating educational materials.
When we start producing the content, we’ll definitely reach out to you. What’s the best way?
Thanks again for your encouragement and support!

1 Like

Hey! Looking at this proposal, as well as the budget, I’m skeptical. First, per your own words, this is not a marketing proposal. This is simply a proposal for video content creation. So, in order for these videos to be useful, then somehow someone else has to use them. Like, if I wanted to explain optimism to my friend, I could link them to these videos, instead to some unwieldy documentation. BUT, I’d have to know where to find these videos. They’d have to be indexed somewhere. And this proposal carries no guarantee of that. Basically, I’m saying that it’s really easy for this entire effort to get lost. I think something like this would be better suited as a response to a RFP from the Foundation, where the Foundation would actually put these videos in their docs. But as it stands now, it looks like this is just content without a clear distribution process or plan.

Leaning towards Against on this one as a rep of Blockchain@USC.

1 Like

Hey @chaselb , thank you for your valuable feedback on our proposal. We appreciate your input.
To address your concern, as you noted, we plan to incorporate the videos into Optimism Documentation, the Governance Forum, and other relevant platforms for easy discovery. We would appreciate your guidance, as well as input from other Collective members, on the best way to embed and distribute the content within The Collective’s resources.

We are committed to maximizing the impact of this proposal and improving the associated KPIs. Your assistance and collaboration are highly valued.

Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to working together on this.

Governance Update 1 by Cryptoversidad.

Hey, Diego from Cryptoversidad here,

We are excited to provide you with the first update on the progress on Creating a complete library resource for understanding Optimism, using top-notch explanations and animations. As stated in our mission description, we’ll be providing a bi-weekly update on our progress, so the Token house and members of the Collective can make sure we’re on the right path and help us with your valuable feedback.

1. Planning and Coordination

Immediately after the proposal vote, we initiated the planning phase. We have been meticulously coordinating with our team members and necessary talents to develop top-notch educational content.

1. Research and Script Development

Currently, we are deep into the research phase, specifically diving into the technical intricacies of Optimism and L2’s. While we already have drafts for all the scripts, we recognize the importance of refining and fine-tuning them to provide the most accurate and comprehensive information. On August 11th, we will share the initial versions of the scripts with the community and solicit feedback. We kindly request members of the collective to participate in the feedback process and assist us in connecting with core developers of Optimism for very specific questions we have.

1. Graphic and Animation Development

On the visual front, we are actively engaged in creating custom-made 2D and 3D icons that will be seamlessly integrated into our animations. Our animation style is being meticulously crafted to align with the graphic image of Optimism. As you can imagine, this is an exciting and creative process, and we aim to provide you with updates on this aspect of the project in approximately 3-4 weeks. We believe that the animations will play a crucial role in making the educational content more captivating and easily understandable. If possible, we would greatly appreciate receiving the Optimism brand guidelines to ensure our work is consistent with the project’s visual identity.

We are incredibly enthusiastic about the opportunity to create these educational resources for the Optimism community. We envision these materials as a comprehensive and accessible guide to establish a clear, concise, and comprehensive understanding of Optimism.

Thank you for your time and support. Together, we will build a more educated and aligned community.

Diego and the Cryptoversidad Team,

1 Like

Governance Update 2 by Cryptoversidad (August-14)

Looking for feedback :eyes:

Hey, Diego from Cryptoversidad here,
This is the 2nd update on the progress on Creating a complete library resource for understanding Optimism, using top-notch explanations and animations. As stated in our mission description, we’ll be providing a bi-weekly update on our progress (we’re thinking about posting weekly) so the Token house and members of the Collective can make sure we’re on the right path and help us with your valuable feedback.

1. Working on Scripts and Research:

We’ve been busy crafting scripts for our videos. This is a bit like making a puzzle – we need to make sure everything fits just right. To do that, we’ve thought a lot about who will watch these videos, how they should feel, and what Optimism-aligned content really means. If you want to see what we’ve been up to, check out the link here.
Right now, we’ve got three scripts ready for you to see. We’ll be adding more each day as we continue to make progress. We greatly appreciate all feedback from the Collective to ensure we’re making the most aligned and best content. If you are interested in giving us feedback please comment here, in addition we’ll be reaching out to members of the collective to ask for feedback on specific parts of the scripts. Over the next two weeks, we’ll be taking your input and fine-tuning the scripts.

For feedback:

The feedback process it’s basically just reading the scripts and telling us how you think we can improve them (you can send us a text with your feedback) . We’ve got 3 main questions to make giving the feedback very easy.

1. Are the scripts comprehensive, easy to understand and engaging? If not, how can we make them?
  2. Is the content align with the Optimistic vision, values and mission? How can we make it more aligned?
  3. Is there anything within the scripts you really don’t think should be in them? If yes, why?

Pd: Of course you can also dive deep into the scripts and give us very detailed/specific comments on any aspect you’d like to.

2. Creating Graphics and Animations:

We’re also getting creative with drawings and animations. We’re currently doing sketches and a lot experiments to find the sweet spot. We’re working hard to make sure these animations are both exciting and match the look of Optimism. In the next 1- weeks, we’ll show you what we’ve come up with. Our goal is to mix what you already know about Optimism with new and fun visuals.

We’re thankful for your support and thrilled about the path ahead. Our goal of teaching everyone about Optimism is taking shape, and we’re excited to share it with you.

Diego and the Cryptoversidad Team

1 Like

Governance Update 3 by Cryptoversidad (August-29)

Purpose of this update is to share the progress, asses milestones and maintain a clear and transparent communication on our Mission proposal.

TLDR: We’ve done great progress, we’re iterating, scirpts are reading, videos are WIP and will be done by sep29th, need help to coordinate with Foundation for sharing this.

Research and & Scripts

We’ve taken feedback from community members, special thanks to Joxxes and linda, for their feedback. All 10 scripts are done and they will be in their final version by end of the week. There will be 10 videos, each 6-8 minutes that cover all and actually more of the topics we proposed in the mission. Less than expected but we prioritize quality over quantity for sure.

Content creation

1. Narrations: Working with professional narrator to get quality audio.
  2. Graphic design: Was working with designer for custom icons, he quit, team handled this by doing it ourselves.
  3. Animation: This is the most customized, tailored style we’ve done. It’s in progress and will continue to evolve as we create more videos. We’re still missing more icons, music, sound effects and post production.

You can watch our v1 of the animations here: v1 of Optimism.mp4 - Google Drive

• Final delivery: scheduled to finish by Friday September 29th

Where we need help?

• Coordination with the Foundation and Labs to share videos on socials and include them on documentation and distribute the quizz inside the community.
  • Once we have the videos, we want them to be shared to help everyone and feedback!

Excited for this, onwards!
Diego and the Cryptoversidad Team,

3 Likes

Cryptoversidad Governance Update 4: September 11, 2023

Hey everyone! We’re back with another update to let you know what we’ve been up to and how we’re staying true to our mission. Let’s dive right in!

Research & Scripts

We’re thrilled to announce that all 10 scripts are finalized and have entered the production stage. The Optimistic Rollups and Op stack topics were especially challenging, but we’re incredibly proud of the quality and depth we’ve achieved in these scripts. It’s been a lot of hard work, but we know it will pay off.

Content Production

Narrations

We’re wrapping up all English voiceovers this week, and as soon as we’re done, we’re diving straight into the Spanish versions. Quality audio is a must for us, so you can expect top-notch narrations.

Graphic Design

We’ve been laser-focused on creating custom 3D icons to help explain new concepts in each video. So far, we’re 60% done, and we’ve made over 150 unique 3D icons. It’s all coming together!

Animation

The first three videos are fully animated, and we’re excited to share them with you! We’ve poured a lot of effort into these animations, and we’d love to hear your thoughts. Check them out here

Final Delivery

Everything is going according to plan, and we’re on track to wrap up by Friday, September 29th. We can’t wait to share the final product with all of you!

Where We Could Use Some Help

We’re looking to join forces with the Foundation and Labs teams to get these videos out on social media and incorporate them into existing documentation. We’re reaching out to team members to set this up, so stay tuned for more updates.

Let’s keep building something amazing together!

Cheers,

Diego and the Cryptoversidad Team

3 Likes

GM @dmars300! I had the chance to view the initial video, and I found it to be exceptionally clear and engaging. I’m genuinely excited about the prospect of having them available in Spanish, and I’m thrilled to witness your contributions making a meaningful impact on the Optimism Collective. Fantastic job!

4 Likes

Thank you! We’re excited to provide these videos in Spanish and glad you found the initial one clear and engaging. Your support means a lot to us!
We’ll keep you posted and share the videos in Spanish as soon as we have them!

3 Likes

Hi @dmars300!

As Season 4 draws to a close this week, we’re so excited to see how you’ve executed on your Mission! Please post an update for the community here outlining the milestones you’ve met this Thursday (9/20) by 19:00 GMT. Please include links to any final work products as we’ll create a final roundup linking to all Mission deliverables.

We also encourage you to sign-up for RetroPGF Round 3. You’ll be able to describe the impact of your Mission when you sign-up: RetroPGF Round 3 Applications Are Open

Thanks again for being part of this experiment and helping us build the Collective :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you Lavande. We’ll be posting an update here before the specified date.
As mentioned in our past proposal updates, the final delivery will be on september 29th. But we’ll share most of the milestones on this week’s update.
Thank you
Diego,

1 Like

Cryptoversidad Governance Update 5: September 20, 2023

Hello everyone! This marks our final Governance Update before the ultimate delivery of our mission objectives. Let’s get into the details.

Access all deliverables in this dedicated Notion document.

Completed Work

We are thrilled to announce that all research, scripting, feedback, quizzes, voiceovers, and graphic design are fully completed. Here’s a breakdown:

• Scripts: 10 high-quality scripts in both English and Spanish, designed to demystify Optimism in an easily digestible manner.
  • 3D Icons: A total of 192 customized 3D icons have been developed for visual enhancement of the videos.
  • Voiceovers: Professional voiceovers for all 10 scripts, provided in both English and Spanish, totaling over 120 minutes of audio content.

Animation Status

We have successfully completed animations for 7 out of the 10 planned videos. The remaining animations are in progress and will be finalized within the upcoming week.

Final Delivery Timeline

We are on course to finalize everything by Friday, September 29th. We eagerly await sharing the end product with our community.

Areas for Assistance

The overarching goal of these videos is to serve as a valuable educational resource. By integrating them into Optimism’s existing documentation and circulating them across social media channels, we aim to maximize their impact.

We are actively seeking guidance from members of the Foundation and have filled out the OP Labs form. Any assistance or insights on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

We are excited and giving our best to create the most relevant and aligned videos for the Collective.

The Cryptoversidad Team,

5 Likes

Love all your work, cant wait to see the final edits!

3 Likes

Thanks for the update @dmars300! Please not that all Missions will be able to showcase their work tomorrow during a dedicated Mission demo day on September 28th, at 16:00 GMT on the Discord mainstage!

2 Likes

Demo Day - Mission Proposal Edition September 28th 2023 - 4pm UTC

Show off your Season 4 Mission Proposal accomplishments and milestones:

• Each mission proposal will get 2 minutes to present
  • Summarize your mission proposal
  • List your milestones and the results of those milestones

Apply here - (Discord):

Include:
Presenter Discord Handle → must be in the Optimism Discord
Link to your mission proposal

@dmars300

2 Likes

Hi again @dmars300!

Congrats on the work done. The content looks top-notch. The first video is outstanding. Very clear explanations and engaging animations to keep you on spot.

I haven’t seen all the videos yet, I will find the time soon and give you feedback if there’s something worth sharing.

Keep it up!
Santi

4 Likes

Hey @dmars300 your content looks amazing. truly engaging and catchy content, but i highly suggest you also add subtitles to YouTube.

2 Likes