[FINAL] Optimistic Womxn Shining in Blockchain

S4 Intent: 3

Proposed Mission: Optimistic Womxn Shinning in Blockchain :rocket:

Proposal Tier: Fledgling Tier (Previously received retroPGF: OP Mainnet Gateway)

Baseline grant amount: 15,761 OP

% of total available Intent Budget: 1.57%

You would like to be considered for a small upfront cash grant: Yes, we would like to be considered for a small upfront cash grant.

Alliance name: H.E.R. LATAM

Alliance Lead: Teresa Carballo

Contact info: Telegram @teresacarballo, Twitter, Twitter H.E.R. DAO LATAM

L2 recipient address: 0x2948A68525287fB8252032a300D50d3fd63d9C22

Please list the members of your Alliance and link to any previous work:

1. Teresa Carballo (Mission Lead + Researcher): Corporate Lawyer, governor H.E.R. LATAM, previously coordinator at the BanklessDAO Legal Guild.

2. LauNaMu (Public Goods + Impact Maxi): ex- Public Policy Consultant, Financial Inclusion Strategy and Ops + Product Manager, Foreign Aid practitioner. User Researcher Grantee for Semaphore (ZK- Protocol funded by the Ethereum Foundation), Co-Founder of Ethereum Mexico, Co-founder of WAGMI LATAM, Governor H.E.R. LATAM.

3. Bricia (Optimism Delegate): Project Manager at General Magic, Co-Founder of Ethereum Mexico & Delegate at Optimism. Passionate about female/LATAM communities in web3. Background: Accountant with experience in restaurant businesses.

4. Carolyn (PM + Cohort Lead): Legal Consultant & Business Manager in progress, project manager, and community manager in Web3 projects. Core Team H.E.R. LATAM

5. Ahhsun (Artist): Woman in Web3, Artist. Contributor Ethereum Honduras, Zapperfi ES, Crypto Mujeres, H.E.R. LATAM.

6. Sury (Social Media Manager): Marketer in Web3 & Blockchain enthusiast. Core Team H.E.R Latam.

We have previously collaborated together in the H.E.R. DAO LATAM Scholarship program (from which over 55 womxn in the region have benefited), Newsletter (over 300 subscribers), H.E.R. LATAM’s Hacker Houses (EthMexico, EthBogotá/Devcon, EthSan Francisco), and also hosting Twitter Spaces and workshops.

Please explain how this Mission will help accomplish the above Intent:
The Optimistic Vision needs to be spread everywhere and to everyone.

Note: This Mission is marketed towards womxn, but is open to everyone!

Our goal is to introduce and cement the concept of impact = profit within the LATAM community, specifically for womxn builders and potential womxn-led Optimism community partners that foster the creation, development, expansion, and upkeep of key public goods for the regional digital community. This will be achieved by:

1. Creating a series of educational materials for Optimistic Womxn Shining in Blockchain Cohort 1 , in Spanish, including 3 live online workshops, supporting material for attendees with additional resources, and a recap of the workshops covering the following curriculum:
  • Public Goods 101: Impact = Profit: How to be profitable when building Public Goods.
  • Measuring the Positive (and Negative impact) of your Web3 project.
  • OptimismÂŽs Governance NOT for Dummies.
  • Step by Step: Becoming a Delegate, why it Matters.
  • Participating in the Optimism Collective: Opportunities.

At the end of the Cohort, the workshops will be uploaded to an online platform alongside the supporting material. The online platform and content will be publicly available.

1. Marketing material to promote the Optimistic Womxn Shining in Blockchain Cohort 1, and relevant information on each of the topics of the cohort a diverse series of resources will be published in our Twitter and Instagram accounts, and be included in the monthly Newsletter.

2. All the supporting educational and marketing materials will have a unique user-centered design. Accessibility to the information generated is a core component of the Mission, and one of the key aspects our team will optimize for.

3. 10 1:1 consulting sessions to provide detailed and case-by-case advice on how both projects and/or individuals can contribute as builders to the Optimism Ecosystem and Collective.

5 projects will be selected out of Cohort 1, and 5 will be selected through an open online call for applications from the broader LATAM community.

The consulting sessions will include:

1. Needs Assessment:
  • Assessment of participants’ skills, expertise, and goals to identify their specific areas of interest and where they could best contribute within the Optimism Ecosystem.
  1. Project/Idea Development:
  • Support in refining participants’ project ideas or initiatives, providing guidance and feedback to help shape their concepts.
  • Help in drafting projects/missions proposals/plans as delegates or applications to receive RetroPGF and opportunities for tooling/assets required by the Optimism Collective.
  1. Follow-up and Guidance:
  • Ongoing support and up to two follow-up sessions per project to address questions, provide guidance, and offer feedback.
  1. Marketing Plan:
  • Collaboration on developing a marketing plan for participants’ projects or initiatives, including the project’s best-suited KPIs such as strategies for promotion, user acquisition, and community engagement.
  1. Impact Measurement:
  • Guidance on identifying suitable frameworks and metrics for measuring the impact of participants’ projects or initiatives within the Optimism Ecosystem.
  • Assistance in setting up tracking mechanisms and data collection methods to monitor and evaluate the progress and success of their projects.

What makes your Alliance well-suited to execute this Mission?

H.E.R. LATAM brings valuable experience as a talent incubator focused on empowering self-identifying women, trans women, and non-binary individuals in Latin America. Our dedication lies in providing education, resources, and opportunities within the Web3 ecosystem.

With over one year of experience in executing quantifiable, action-oriented projects to improve diversity in the blockchain ecosystem, which has been validated through the allocation of RetroPGF in R2, H.E.R. LATAM is best positioned to support other projects and people to follow suit.

Our mission is to diversify the blockchain ecosystem by overcoming language barriers, nurturing talent, and offering financial freedom through the creation of development opportunities.

In 2022 we made a significant impact, with over 15 IRL workshops across 5 countries (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Peru, and Panama), 10 webinars, 55 sponsored individuals to attend hackathons and conferences, and 20 successful hackathon projects.

We are an active community across social media platforms, including Telegram, Twitter, and Instagram. Additionally, we have a growing Newsletter that reaches over 300 subscribers that will be able to benefit from the content generated for this Cohort from the get-go.

Considering our previous experience in providing educational material and experiences and our success in generating public goods, we strongly believe in our ability to succeed in spreading awareness of the Optimistic Vision.

Please list the critical milestone(s) that should be tracked to determine if you should receive your grant in one year:

1. Completion of the Optimistic Womxn Shinning in Blockchain Cohort sessions.
  2. Uploading of all cohort materials into a public access online repository.
  3. Completion of 10 1:1 consulting sessions and 5 follow-up sessions.

How should Token House delegates measure progress towards this Mission:
Please review the following table: Milestones & Completion Dates - Google Docs

How should badge holders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?

KPI 1: Increase in OP ecosystem contributors:

• Number of individuals/projects that were part of the Cohort and/or consulting sessions and are now active participants of the Optimism Ecosystem by either:
    – participating in the Optimism Collective,
    – creating new Missions in the 12 months following the end of the Cohort,
    – delegating or becoming delegates in the Optimism Governance.
    Note: This metric will be tracked by the HER LATAM alliance and results will be presented on Social Media and this forum 3 months after the completion of the Mission and then updated 10 months after.

KPI 2: Use of the material generated for public consumption as measured by:

1. Number of article viewers from the Newsletter over 50
  2. Number of Website impressions of the online platform containing the videos and Cohort resources over 100

KPI 3: Building for the Collective

• Number of RetroPGF applicants supported in the creation of their applications
  • Funding received by applicants as part of their participation in RetroPGF

KPI 4: Optimistic opportunity awareness

1. Number of views on Twitter for the content created for public consumption on the Cohort materials
  2. Number of views on Instagram for the content created for public consumption on the Cohort materials

Breakdown of Mission budget request:

I. Creation of the cohort, support to the cohort attendees Optimistic Womxn Shining in Blockchain Cohort, creation of each session educational material in Spanish, uploading of all the material to an online platform, generation of final reports, and measurement of KPIs for the next 11 months: 10,199 OP

II. Creation and distribution of Marketing material based on the Optimistic Womxn Shining in Blockchain Cohort. Relevant information on each of the topics of the Cohort will be published on our Twitter, Instagram, and Newsletter: 2,117 OP

III. 10 1:1 consulting sessions: 3,445 OP

Total: 15,761 OP

I confirm that my grant will be subject to clawback for failure to execute on critical milestones: Yes

I confirm that I have read and understand the grant policies: Yes.

I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: Yes.

I understand that I will be expected to follow the public grant reporting requirements outlined here: Yes

12 Likes

Gender equality is critical for the future of our industry, good luck in this proposal.

2 Likes

I really hope to see this, as a latin american woman this kind of spaces can really help. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Second this proposal, gender equity and support needed.

2 Likes

Diversity is an neccessary initiative. Thank you for commitment and work in this space

For KPI 4 Would you consider reporting on engagement % as opposed to # views. Typically it provides a more nuanced measure of content performance and active awareness.

The use of campaign tracking URLS could also help your team quantify ‘acquistion’ and evaluate the effectiveness of different channels.

Keen to build collective understanding of how content performance can inform impact

2 Likes

Hi @teresacd! Wanted to make sure you were aware of the Optimism Season 4 Pitching Sessions to help find the 4 delegate approvals you’ll need by this Wednesday at 19:00 GMT for your proposal to move to a vote.

These sessions are happening in Discord on Monday, 26.06 2pm ET / 6pm GMT / 8pm CET and Tuesday, 27.06 11am ET / 3pm GMT / 5pm CET.

You can sign-up here!

1 Like

Hello! Thank you for the input, do you have any suggestions on campaign tracking URLs we can use?

As per the engagement vs the views seems like a good approach, IÂŽll ask Sury, our MKT manager about this and make the update in the proposal.

1 Like

I got to know LauNaMu during Zuzalu and can’t speak highly enough about her work. I have no doubt H.E.R. LATAM will do great work within the Optimism ecosystem.

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power , and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

4 Likes

While I may not yet have enough voting power to approve this mission, I genuinely believe in the importance of such proposals. H.E.R. LATAM has been transformative for me in countless ways. They facilitated my first job opportunity, enabled my participation in my first hackathon where I ended up being a finalist, and allowed me to attend major events such as ETH Bogotá and Devcon, with my son and a caregiver in tow. It’s a initiative that truly empowers Latin American women and I would be thrilled to be part of a project that encourages more women from this region to take active roles in Governance.

So, I leaved this on your hands
 @linda @polynya @katie @Griff @Gonna.eth @MinimalGravitas (I tagged you because I know you are some of the most active delegates) Thanks.

4 Likes

Yes was in the link shared above I use https://ga-dev-tools.google in combo with Google Analytics or Matomo (owned channles like website) but depending on where you are landing people a free account link tool like bit.ly will report super basic engagement “clicks”

2 Likes

Educating and uplifting women so that we can close the technology gap between the genders is important. The requested amount is not too high. So I will give an approval.

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

5 Likes

We are an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power, and we believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote. We have been impressed by the impact HER DAO LATAM has had so far and the DAO’s mission aligns closely with our own. We are excited by the potential to bring their community into the Optimism ecosystem.

4 Likes

Hey Bricia and Teresa, responding here since you have both reached out for feedback. I personally don’t support these types of initiatives and the narrative that we need more “fill in the blank” in crypto. The space is inherently open and inclusive. Like literally anyone can join and contribute, I’ve worked with countless anons, and strongly believe that those who want to join the space can and will, regardless of their background, identity, location, etc. This is the most inclusive space I’ve ever worked in by far. Although I understand the value you are trying to create, I personally don’t support this initiative and others like it, but I truly wish you all the best and am happy you both are here!

5 Likes

It’s great to see people vouching for H.E.R. LATAM’s work and impact in this thread.

I am an Optimism delegate [Delegate Commitments - #37 by linda] with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

5 Likes

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power , and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote

5 Likes

Thank you so much @ceresstation, I agree Lau is amazing, there are also other projects from the region that would love your feedback!

Ethereum MĂ©xico

Espacio Cripto

Cryptoversidad

2 Likes

Thank you @brichis , you are certainly a great professional and mother! Honored to call you a friend.

2 Likes

Thank you very much @linda ! There are a few projects from the region that would love your feedback:

Ethereum MĂ©xico

Espacio Cripto

Cryptoversidad

2 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback, here are a some other projects from LATAM that IÂŽm sure will value your feedback as well:

Ethereum MĂ©xico

Espacio Cripto

Cryptoversidad

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your support! You are a great inspiration to us @she256 .

Here are some other LATAM projects that would truly appreciate your feedback:

Ethereum MĂ©xico

Espacio Cripto

Cryptoversidad

2 Likes