S4 Intent: 3
Proposed Mission: Optimistic Womxn Shinning in Blockchain
Proposal Tier: Fledgling Tier (Previously received retroPGF: OP Mainnet Gateway)
Baseline grant amount: 15,761 OP
% of total available Intent Budget: 1.57%
You would like to be considered for a small upfront cash grant: Yes, we would like to be considered for a small upfront cash grant.
Alliance name: H.E.R. LATAM
Alliance Lead: Teresa Carballo
L2 recipient address: 0x2948A68525287fB8252032a300D50d3fd63d9C22
Please list the members of your Alliance and link to any previous work:
Teresa Carballo (Mission Lead + Researcher): Corporate Lawyer, governor H.E.R. LATAM, previously coordinator at the BanklessDAO Legal Guild.
LauNaMu (Public Goods + Impact Maxi): ex- Public Policy Consultant, Financial Inclusion Strategy and Ops + Product Manager, Foreign Aid practitioner. User Researcher Grantee for Semaphore (ZK- Protocol funded by the Ethereum Foundation), Co-Founder of Ethereum Mexico, Co-founder of WAGMI LATAM, Governor H.E.R. LATAM.
Bricia (Optimism Delegate): Project Manager at General Magic, Co-Founder of Ethereum Mexico & Delegate at Optimism. Passionate about female/LATAM communities in web3. Background: Accountant with experience in restaurant businesses.
Carolyn (PM + Cohort Lead): Legal Consultant & Business Manager in progress, project manager, and community manager in Web3 projects. Core Team H.E.R. LATAM
We have previously collaborated together in the H.E.R. DAO LATAM Scholarship program (from which over 55 womxn in the region have benefited), Newsletter (over 300 subscribers), H.E.R. LATAM’s Hacker Houses (EthMexico, EthBogotá/Devcon, EthSan Francisco), and also hosting Twitter Spaces and workshops.
Please explain how this Mission will help accomplish the above Intent:
The Optimistic Vision needs to be spread everywhere and to everyone.
Note: This Mission is marketed towards womxn, but is open to everyone!
Our goal is to introduce and cement the concept of impact = profit within the LATAM community, specifically for womxn builders and potential womxn-led Optimism community partners that foster the creation, development, expansion, and upkeep of key public goods for the regional digital community. This will be achieved by:
- Creating a series of educational materials for Optimistic Womxn Shining in Blockchain Cohort 1 , in Spanish, including 3 live online workshops, supporting material for attendees with additional resources, and a recap of the workshops covering the following curriculum:
- Public Goods 101: Impact = Profit: How to be profitable when building Public Goods.
- Measuring the Positive (and Negative impact) of your Web3 project.
- Optimism´s Governance NOT for Dummies.
- Step by Step: Becoming a Delegate, why it Matters.
- Participating in the Optimism Collective: Opportunities.
At the end of the Cohort, the workshops will be uploaded to an online platform alongside the supporting material. The online platform and content will be publicly available.
Marketing material to promote the Optimistic Womxn Shining in Blockchain Cohort 1, and relevant information on each of the topics of the cohort a diverse series of resources will be published in our Twitter and Instagram accounts, and be included in the monthly Newsletter.
All the supporting educational and marketing materials will have a unique user-centered design. Accessibility to the information generated is a core component of the Mission, and one of the key aspects our team will optimize for.
10 1:1 consulting sessions to provide detailed and case-by-case advice on how both projects and/or individuals can contribute as builders to the Optimism Ecosystem and Collective.
5 projects will be selected out of Cohort 1, and 5 will be selected through an open online call for applications from the broader LATAM community.
The consulting sessions will include:
- Needs Assessment:
- Assessment of participants’ skills, expertise, and goals to identify their specific areas of interest and where they could best contribute within the Optimism Ecosystem.
- Project/Idea Development:
- Support in refining participants’ project ideas or initiatives, providing guidance and feedback to help shape their concepts.
- Help in drafting projects/missions proposals/plans as delegates or applications to receive RetroPGF and opportunities for tooling/assets required by the Optimism Collective.
- Follow-up and Guidance:
- Ongoing support and up to two follow-up sessions per project to address questions, provide guidance, and offer feedback.
- Marketing Plan:
- Collaboration on developing a marketing plan for participants’ projects or initiatives, including the project’s best-suited KPIs such as strategies for promotion, user acquisition, and community engagement.
- Impact Measurement:
- Guidance on identifying suitable frameworks and metrics for measuring the impact of participants’ projects or initiatives within the Optimism Ecosystem.
- Assistance in setting up tracking mechanisms and data collection methods to monitor and evaluate the progress and success of their projects.
What makes your Alliance well-suited to execute this Mission?
H.E.R. LATAM brings valuable experience as a talent incubator focused on empowering self-identifying women, trans women, and non-binary individuals in Latin America. Our dedication lies in providing education, resources, and opportunities within the Web3 ecosystem.
With over one year of experience in executing quantifiable, action-oriented projects to improve diversity in the blockchain ecosystem, which has been validated through the allocation of RetroPGF in R2, H.E.R. LATAM is best positioned to support other projects and people to follow suit.
Our mission is to diversify the blockchain ecosystem by overcoming language barriers, nurturing talent, and offering financial freedom through the creation of development opportunities.
In 2022 we made a significant impact, with over 15 IRL workshops across 5 countries (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Peru, and Panama), 10 webinars, 55 sponsored individuals to attend hackathons and conferences, and 20 successful hackathon projects.
We are an active community across social media platforms, including Telegram, Twitter, and Instagram. Additionally, we have a growing Newsletter that reaches over 300 subscribers that will be able to benefit from the content generated for this Cohort from the get-go.
Considering our previous experience in providing educational material and experiences and our success in generating public goods, we strongly believe in our ability to succeed in spreading awareness of the Optimistic Vision.
Please list the critical milestone(s) that should be tracked to determine if you should receive your grant in one year:
- Completion of the Optimistic Womxn Shinning in Blockchain Cohort sessions.
- Uploading of all cohort materials into a public access online repository.
- Completion of 10 1:1 consulting sessions and 5 follow-up sessions.
How should Token House delegates measure progress towards this Mission:
Please review the following table: Milestones & Completion Dates - Google Docs
How should badge holders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?
KPI 1: Increase in OP ecosystem contributors:
- Number of individuals/projects that were part of the Cohort and/or consulting sessions and are now active participants of the Optimism Ecosystem by either:
– participating in the Optimism Collective,
– creating new Missions in the 12 months following the end of the Cohort,
– delegating or becoming delegates in the Optimism Governance.
Note: This metric will be tracked by the HER LATAM alliance and results will be presented on Social Media and this forum 3 months after the completion of the Mission and then updated 10 months after.
KPI 2: Use of the material generated for public consumption as measured by:
- Number of article viewers from the Newsletter over 50
- Number of Website impressions of the online platform containing the videos and Cohort resources over 100
KPI 3: Building for the Collective
- Number of RetroPGF applicants supported in the creation of their applications
- Funding received by applicants as part of their participation in RetroPGF
KPI 4: Optimistic opportunity awareness
- Number of views on Twitter for the content created for public consumption on the Cohort materials
- Number of views on Instagram for the content created for public consumption on the Cohort materials
Breakdown of Mission budget request:
I. Creation of the cohort, support to the cohort attendees Optimistic Womxn Shining in Blockchain Cohort, creation of each session educational material in Spanish, uploading of all the material to an online platform, generation of final reports, and measurement of KPIs for the next 11 months: 10,199 OP
II. Creation and distribution of Marketing material based on the Optimistic Womxn Shining in Blockchain Cohort. Relevant information on each of the topics of the Cohort will be published on our Twitter, Instagram, and Newsletter: 2,117 OP
III. 10 1:1 consulting sessions: 3,445 OP
Total: 15,761 OP
I confirm that my grant will be subject to clawback for failure to execute on critical milestones: Yes
I confirm that I have read and understand the grant policies: Yes.
I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: Yes.
I understand that I will be expected to follow the public grant reporting requirements outlined here: Yes