Grants Council Reviewer Nominations: Season 5

LauNaMu Self-Nomination

Council sub-committee: Milestone and metrics

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment: Delegate Committment

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: here <%0.01

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: Karma

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: Voting history can be found here.

Please outline any other contributions to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

The community that I co-led, HER LATAM, was a RetroPGF2 recipient where we focused on enabling Latin American women to participate in web3 Hackathons through scholarships and 1:1 support with several of them building on Optimism.

I participated in HER LATAM’s Mission “Women Shining in Blockchain” during Season 4 in which I provided a workshop on Public Goods funding mechanisms, RetroPGF and how to measure the impact your project is having in alignment with the Impact = Profit axiom.

I taught a workshop for the Spanish speaking community on how to leverage high signal impact metrics in their RetroPGF3 applications so as to demonstrate the value of their contributions to the Collective.

I am currently a Badgeholder for RetroPGF3 and in this role I have participated in the Review process of applications to filter out for non-complying applications; I developed the Impact Evaluation Framework to be leveraged by Badgeholders in voting during RetroPGF3. I’m also running 5 List creation workshops for Badgeholders to design their own Impact Evaluation Frameworks to be applied in voting.

As a Badgeholders and Delegate, I have participated in the Collective Values setting workshop and the Season 5 Intent #3 setting workshop.

Do you have a technical background? If so, please elaborate:

As a Product Manager and User Researcher focused in adoption I have worked very closely with development teams in generating product specs, following them through in development sprints, and informal QA. While I’m not a developer, I have a decent technical understanding of ZK technology (previous project), SQL data analysis and have been working in the FinTech and web3 space for the last 5 years. I currently conduct research in Impact Evaluation Mechanisms and Design in the web3 ecosystem.

Have you previously served on a Token House Council or committee? If so, please specify which:

I have not previously served on a Token House Council or Committee.

Please demonstrate any experience you believe is relevant to this role:

• Worked at the Canada Fund with Grant recipient NGOs supporting them in the creation and setting of KPI’s to track their progress and evaluated their results to inform efficiency and compliance for subsequent grants.

• Worked as a consultant for the Mexican Foreign Ministry monitoring and supporting over 30 consulates and embassies implementing our standardized framework for operational efficiency in service provision. Lobbied for standard implementation, evaluated their performance and provided feedback to improve on. Generated dashboards for the consulates to have easily consumable access to their tracked data in real time to incentivize faster course correcting where necessary.

• Created standardized methods for measuring operational efficiency and track KPIs at Branch International (Digital Micro-lending a16z backed Startup) for our teams in Nigeria, India, Mexico and Kenya. Implemented the creation of dashboards, new quality review processes and bodies.

Please demonstrate expertise relevant to your Council sub-committee: Milestones and operations.

See experience described above.

My professional experience has always revolved around data-driven decision making and operational optimization based on the correct definition of KPIs, their measurement, evaluation and iteration.

Most of my experience has been carried out successfully in governmental, less adoption friendly, environments, so I am excited to work with Optimism Grant recipients who I believe are more welcoming of support that will enhance their performance as contributors to the Collective.

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Governance Fund grant:

A clear: why this proposal, how will it be executed along with a communication strategy with the Grants Council and broad Ecosystem members, Why now, Why this amount of funds.

A good Governance Fund grant (for me) needs to comply with the following items:

• The goal of the grant should clearly align with at least one of the Collective Intents set out in the current season. Alignment is demonstrated by: clear definition of the opportunity it has identified to solved for, the logic behind why the proposed solution will generate long-term value to the goal pursued in the Collective Intent, how this grant is best positioned to use the resources requested to efficiently execute this opportunity. All of these considerations must be underpinned by clear milestones that can serve to inform not only of the progress accomplished by the team, but also to signal if changes are required to improve the performance of the grant or increase the efficient use of the funds.
  • Each grant should also look to generate long-term benefits to the Collective. Not only through the incorporation of this logic in their milestone design and execution of the grant, but also in their participation as members of the Optimism Collective. A grants design and proposed execution should demonstrate their interest in being long-term Ecosystem partners and in expanding the Optimism Ecosystem developer and user base in a sustainable long-term way even after the grant engagement has finalized.

I also believe a good grant should help the wider Ecosystem level up by clearly sharing the know-how the grant recipients developed through the grant execution so that, as a Collective, we can build upon this knowledge by avoiding identified pitfalls, and leverage successful catalyzers.

What types of Mission Requests do you think will help achieve the Season 5 Intents?

• Initiatives focused in providing support to builders and developers in the Optimism Ecosystem to thrive: support in the growth of their user base, testing of Product Market Fit, facilitating access to data on user personas and profiles living in the Optimism Ecosystem, improved usable documentation to make deploying on Optimism faster.
  • Trying out new things for mass adoption. Support out-of-the-box ideas on how to generate value for users through new use cases.
  • Missions that will improve the discoverability and usability of existing tools and resources to build upon in the ecosystem.
  • Missions that enable projects to adopt better reporting systems and improves the way people can interface with data availability mechanisms such as Attestations.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest:

I contribute to HER LATAM as an advisor, and was previously the lead governor. I also serve as an advisor to the Ethereum Mexico Core team.

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct: I verify that I agree to abide by the Code of Conduct.

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5: I understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5.

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations:
I verify I am able to commit ~ 20 hours/week.

4 Likes