Token House Badgeholder Nominations

Just want to clarify that you need to nominate an individual delegate, so you can nominate “bobbay from stablenode” but not “stablenode,” make sense?

2 Likes

Just want to clarify that you need to nominate an individual delegate, so you can nominate “bobbay from stablenode” but not “stablenode,” make sense?

2 Likes
11 Likes

Yes it makes sense, though I don’t think Bobby has a delegate pitch as an individual. Perhaps that’s not a problem?

1 Like

Hey @lavande It will be Bobby under stablenode, as I am representing StableNode.

I assume it works if they change it to the following.

1 Like
3 Likes

Nominating Delegate:

Heartistry.eth

Link to delegate commitment:

Link to verify delegation of >0.5% of the votable supply:

Name of delegate you’d like to nominate:

Fractal Visions

Link to nominees delegate commitment:

Why do you believe this delegate should receive an rPGF 2 voting badge?

I believe Fractal Visions deserve to be a delegate because of their perspicuity and kind hearted spirit to help onboard people into the culture of web3 technology with the artists at the heart of what they do. Having got to know them quite well over the past fast approaching 2 years. They have been a solid support system in my education in the space and inducted me into the optimism network. They are dedicated to creating opportunities for artists and utilising it for public goods. In hearts, minds, and reality. A true visionary.

3 Likes
  • Nominating delegate: GFX Labs
  • Link to delegate commitment: Delegate Commitments - #34 by GFXlabs
  • Link to verify delegation of >0.5% of the votable supply: Boardroom
  • Name of delegate you’d like to nominate: @Juanbug_PGov of Penn Blockchain
  • Link to nominee’s delegate commitment: Delegate Commitments - #3 by Juanbug
  • Why do you believe this delegate should receive an rPGF 2 voting badge? @Juanbug_PGov has demonstrated drive to be deeply involved in decentralized finance and crypto, and provides a valuable viewpoint that is often different from other delegates. Representing Penn Blockchain, @Juanbug_PGov would be a wonderful addition to the badgeholder pool.
4 Likes
3 Likes

Given these criteria:

• :sparkling_heart: Is this person a proven advocate for the value of public goods, in crypto or beyond?
  • :bulb: Can this person help advance the process and structure of retroPGF as a funding mechanism?
  • :mag_right: Is this person a domain expert in any of the categories up for funding in RetroPGF 2?
  • :seedling: Has this person shown strong alignment with the long term growth of the Optimism ecosystem and the mission of the Collective?

@millie and @MinimalGravitas are two deeply involved figures in Optimism coming from different poles of interest. Both of them are undeniably model citizens along these dimensions, and I’d love for them to help shape the future of RPGF.

Millie’s most visible role within governance is as a Synthetix Ambassador, but I think anybody who’s spent time around the Optimism eco knows him as a highly independent thinker with a genuine commitment to the most fundamental tenets of Optimism, defi, and crypto more broadly. I know from the many disagreements we’ve had that he’s clearly a domain expert and general brain with regard to the app layer and that he’d be quick to offer improvements and see what others might not.

@MinimalGravitas, coming from a different view, has been a consistently thoughtful, principled voice coming from within governance, someone whose desire to keep pushing Optimism toward bigger goals is evident. They’ve put in time where others haven’t, participating in conversations of all kinds, spotting unique angles, and asking challenging questions. I’d feel comfortable knowing they were an advocate. And critically, discussions on RPGF would I think be directly in their wheelhouse; they are as much an authority on all things ‘public good’ from first principles as anyone I’ve witnessed among the highly active individuals here.

1 Like
  • Why do you believe this delegate should receive an rPGF 2 voting badge?

@krzkaczor: I worked both with him and @kaereste in the tooling committee and I think their team is really dedicated to the optimism vision and public goods funding

@jackanorak: I have not worked with them directly, but the way they carry themselves in the forums, the way they worked with the shadow committee and the detailed and very well thought out posts here point me to a person who cares and who wold really make an excellent person to help push retroPGF.

@Catdl @Heartistry @MinhDuc @nhungmeo @ego97516 @Firozasmust

It appears that you are all nominating @FractalVisions on behalf of Fractal Visions (given the requirement of >0.5% voting power) but please correct me if one of you individually has >0.5% voting power.

Unfortunately, delegates may not nominate themselves as outlined in
Token House Badgeholder Election Information so Fractal Visions cannot nominate itself.

Additionally, nominees must be individual delegates, so an individual representative of Fractal Visions would need to be nominated.

If one of you individually holds >0.5% voting power, you may nominate an individual representative of Fractal Visions (see nominations for bobbay on behalf of Stablenode, for reference)