Community Feedback on RetroPGF2

Community Feedback on RetroPGF2

This thread is to collect feedback on Optimism’s Retroactive Public Goods Funding round 2.

This RetroPGF round will be one of many! We’re hoping to learn and iterate quickly to improve our process and become more confident and informed in our decision.
Community feedback is key to helping the process improve with each round. We welcome your notes, reflections, and feedback at any step.
Please be constructive and clear in your feedback, so we can learn together and summon Ether’s Phoenix!

33 Likes

Hello , how to understand if i have badge and i can vote

2 Likes

The original 90 badge holders for the Token House delegation have already been chosen.

2 Likes

how does one get a badge to vote? super interested in this .

My understanding is that only the delegates get badges for now, we are in special voting cycle, correct?

Badge is fine. But, if too many it can make confusion.

Badgeholders for round rPGF2 are made up of 4 different categories:

• One badge distributed to each voter from RetroPGF Round 1, excluding full time employees of OP Labs or the Optimism Foundation. (14 badges)
  • One badge given to 10 Token House delegates, selected by a Token House vote. (10 badges)
  • Twenty-one badges distributed to unaffiliated community contributors chosen by the Optimism Foundation. (21 badges)

All of these 45 badgeholders can each select another individual to become a badgeholder, distributing another 45 badges. Bringing the max to 90 badgeholders.

You can read more about it on the docs site

7 Likes

how to get the badge

2 Likes

The original 90 badges have already been distributed.

2 Likes

How to nominate a project?

1 Like

How does it work? Im checking but dont understand it

1 Like

Can someone explain the point of RGPF? Is it like to fund existing projects that have supported OP? As looking at nominations a lot of projects either recently supported OP or are heavily funded large projects.

1 Like

Correct the RPGF is meant to be distributed to individuals or projects that have helped contribute to the overall growth of the network. It definitely helps if you have an OP NATIVE project or one that donates directly to the RPGF fund itself as well.

We are adopting many forms of what the Optimism network has created and what they have built here by implementing the same type of framework into our project.
Continuing to iterate on top of the ethos of public goods & education with retroactive funding for those who contribute the most following the impact over profit model.

3 Likes

Hello! I am the project lead for Proof of Integrity’s #aPRENDOcripto, which was submitted in the Education section by one of our collaborators (Education nominations for RPGF2 - #118 by alcito).

I was wondering if the RetroPGF Application Manager has been released already. Additionally, I would like to know if I will receive an email with the information, as per the contact details shared in the post.

Thank you for your time and assistance!

4 Likes

Hello, do we still have the chance to apply for “Tooling & Utilities nominations for RPGF2
I thought we had more days to apply " you will need to opt into the round and complete a project profile in the RetroPGF application manager by Feb 14 - 19:00 GMT"
Looking forward,

1 Like

You should have been nominated first in the established period :pray:

1 Like

Hi. I would like to know where I can fill the information associated to the Project opt-in deadline. I understand that information most be uploaded by Feb 14.

1 Like

Hey there,
the form is live, you can find it here. We extended the deadline to Feb21st :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I think to many attention to voting…

1 Like

Hey everyone! I made a video overview that includes EVERY project nominated in the education category! Hopefully it will serve to give badgeholders a high-level overview of the project so that they have context to start their research.

Here it is: RPGF2 Overview: Education Nominees - YouTube

4 Likes