Delegate Commitments [OLD]

Name: Joxes | DeFi LATAM

Address or ENS: joxes.defilatam.eth

Discord username: Joxes#9107 and Discord community for dedicated/internal discussions (channels > gobernanza > Optimism-op)

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/DeFi_LATAM/status/1523096228011065344

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Iā€™ve been part of the DeFi LATAM (a top latin-american-focused community) since a year ago and weā€™re truly interested in the future of Ethereum and Web3. In many contexts, Latam has been behind the scenes (a vibrant adoption) but our participation as a regional community in formal instances has not been enough until now. At Latam we want to change that and insert in the best possible way all the talent that the users of our +20 Latam countries have.

Said this, as a delegate, we want to work with our communities to coordinate a credible representation of all those truly interested in the future of Web3 and Optimism from the perspective of our region, DeFi LATAM and other communities.

Scaling Ethereum is the most important topic to global adoption, and we are willing to collaborate so that there are no barriers in this part of the world and raise our voice.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: the internet has connected all the people in the world, and now we must do the same in the Internet of value. On the other hand, systematically we have seen the problem of public goods at the government level; but, under initiatives like this, things can definitely be different and we will be there to bring our vision. I personally expect to see criticism and contributions to the optimistic view based on our experience on this side of the world.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

1. We believe that governance will mature over time while meeting its objectives. From our perspective, we consider 4 years is a good goal to start, but would not be enough in case new technologies arrive that change the paradigms and points of view, we need to be prepared for any scenario but always pursue a consolidation at 4 years.
    1. We have seen how the classic governance model is not sustainable over the time or makes it vulnerable in certain circumstances. This is critical when governance applies not only over a protocol but all a scaling solution and its protocols inside. A bicameral governance system is a first good step but we are looking to research on improving this aspect.
    1. By now this is a mandatory step but we are looking to expand and open the different roles as soon as feasible and then have diversity in the vision of the future of the protocol.

My Web3 interests: DeFi, Governance, Identity, Social Impact.

Languages I speak and write: Spanish (as native), English (improving over the time).

About us

We are an open and latin-american-focused community composed mainly by spanish speakers. For 2 years we have been pushing for education and adoption of Web3 ecosystem in our region, hosting events (online & offline), creating content and following the progress and evolution of decentralized technologies day by day in our conversation spaces Telegram, Discord and Twitter (< if youā€™re a spanish-speaker and you are reading this, consider join and contact us if you have more questions and wants to join forces).

ALL our content is free and we donā€™t do investment advice.

ā€œSomos optimistas. No nos parece muy Ćŗtil ser otra cosa.ā€

35 Likes

Name: Exosphere

Address or ENS:
exosphere.L2 (Optimism-native alternative to ENS)
exosphereL2.eth

Discord username: Exosphere#7302

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | Y68384

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
I co-founded Layer2DAO because I knew that the future of the Ethereum network relies on the success of layer 2 solutions. But, like so many others, I felt frustrated by the slow adoption of these projects. In being a delegate I see another hands-on opportunity to grow the success of the ecosystemā€”in this case by helping guide Optimism protocol decisions. As the founder and owner of several technology businesses I understand the importance of having a strong advisory board, which I would consider myself part of for Optimism. One of my businesses is also a PoS validator operator, so I am already familiar with the responsibility of being delegated tokens and voting responsibly on behalf of my delegators.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: I believe the invention of blockchain technology and web3 will be one of the most important milestones in human technological progress. But only if the citizens of our young and fragile community can steer the technology into the right direction and keep it ahead of profit-driven corporations and bad actors. The Optimistic Vision lays out one such approach, and I would be honored to help guide the Optimism community into the right direction.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: As someone already working to transform a relatively new DAO with 5,000 members into a truly decentralized organization, I am well aware of the need to iterate collective governance. It takes a steady hand at the steering wheel until the organization has learned to steer itself, and the Optimism Foundationā€™s role and leadership is critical until true decentralization is reached.

My Web3 interests: Infrastructure, DeFi, Governance, DAOs, Developer tools

Languages I speak and write: de, en

My skills and areas of expertise:

• DeFi investor and rehabilitated degen
  • Founder of a software design business that also does dApp and Solidity development
  • Co-founder of a web3 infrastructure provider, operating proof-of-stake validators for several blockchains and already serving as delegatee for thousand of users
  • Co-founder of Layer2DAO, an organization focused on driving adoption of the L2 ecosystem and investing in promising projects

My favorite Web3 projects: Layer2DAO, Convex, MOBIX

25 Likes

Name : Pat LaVecchia (OP: LAVEP)

Address or ENS: 0x1372eda77df5a048db8af4db3d8680ff56388824

Discord username : LAVEP#0823

Verification** (Tally profile or tweet): Tally ID: 4MD8M4

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes, read and understood

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes, I understand

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: To be additive to a protocol I am extremely excited about. I am a MakerDao OG and have seen first hand what works and doesnā€™t work and would like to apply my experiences to this exciting project

My view on the Optimistic Vision: 1. Really great team (the guys are super OGs working with Vitalik for YEARS) 2. The OP approach makes sense - to create an L2 (rollup) that is as close to Ethereum L1 as possible. Also to keep the changes to geth node under 1k lines of code. Less code = less opportunity for bugs. Very elegant approach. Using heavily tested infrastructure as geth = less bugs.

1. This is a working constitution : Completely appreciate it is a work in progress and that the community will amend multiple things; this is very exciting and hope my experience can be helpful
  2. OP Citizens and OP Holders will equally coexist within the Collective : Incentives must be aligned. Getting this balance right will be tricky to pull off and very intrigued on the initial end product and then the improvements based on actual feedback.
  3. The Optimism Foundation will be a steward of the Optimism Collective and its early governance model : As a Maker OG, I am a big believe in foundations and am supportive of and of the view that the Optimism Foundation will act in the best interest of the ecosystem.

My Web3 interests:
Choose ā‰¤ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: ā€œA, B, Cā€.

DAOs, Data and analytics, DeFi, Economics, Infrastructure

Languages I speak and write:
Please choose from the ISO 639-1 list English

My skills and areas of expertise: I was with Maker Foundation in Finance, etc. for over 2.5 years. I also have deep capital markets, structuring and economics background. Been involved heavily in Maker and DeFi for over 4 years.

My favorite Web3 projects: MakerDao, elemen finance, L2Beat
List ā‰¤ 3 projects

10 Likes

Name : wojtek

Address or ENS: woj.eth

Discord username : woj.eth#2887

Verification: https://twitter.com/wojtekwtf/status/1523652870158970881

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I first jumped into web3 because it offered a new system for digital identity, capturing the value generated by open source projects & communities and for funding charities / public goods in a more transparent way.

Iā€™m working actively on these areas while building mazury

I believe the Optimistic Collective is a place that will help us move toward a future where open source is properly funded, contributors properly rewarded & public goods experimentation can thrive

I want to become a delegate to help those goals flourish & contribute to building a better web with optimism

My view on the Optimistic Vision : Itā€™s the best & most impactful mechanism introduced to web3, soon to prove its place among slaying Moloch, quadratic funding and sovereign finance in general.

In my work as a delegate iā€™ll always be putting effort to ensure that we build the future where impact=profit

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution :

1. Accepting and committing to working hard to ensure that we can further develop it in the right direction
  2. Agree. The duality of the system is yet another part of Optimism Collective that makes me excited about its future. I am excited about implementing a sybil resistant system in which we create a Citizenā€™s House that consist from actually caring participants & cannot be manipulated the same way the coin voting is being manipulated today.
  3. I agree and hope that Optimism Foundation will be the entity that doesnā€™t let us diverge from the mission. In my opinion, many web3 projects are quick to pursue the full decentralisation at a cost of innovation, speed of action action and integrity. While as a delegate ill be representing views of people that trusted me, i also believe that Optimism team deserves & earned their trust especially for the first few years to come

My Web3 interests: Accessibility, DAOs, DeFi, Identity, Social impact

Languages I speak and write: en, pl

My skills and areas of expertise: software engineering, recruitment, product management

My favorite Web3 projects: poap, snapshot & mazury

8 Likes

Name: Scott Moore

Address or ENS: ceresstation.eth

Discord username: ceresstation#2350

Twitter: @notscottmoore (verification will be posted here soonTM)

~Public goods are good.

But really, Iā€™ve spent the last 5 years putting my heart and soul into funding public goods as a co-founder of Gitcoin. Over that time, weā€™ve seen projects like Dune Analytics, Ethers.js, Snapshot, Uniswap, WalletConnect, Yearn, and of course Plasma Group (now Optimism) reach sustainability in a variety of ways that are only possible thanks to Ethereum. While Iā€™m proud of the impact weā€™ve been able to have, I believe that to scale our work further it is crucial that we do more to dispel the myth that public goods arenā€™t profitable. Having connected with @optimistprime and others on the Optimism team so much over the years, and worked closely with them via Gitcoin, Iā€™m confident that they will be able to help achieve this goal, both thanks to the sheer talent on their team and their broader values alignment.

My view on the Optimistic Vision:

Public goods are often discussed as goods that are non-excludable and non-rivalrous. I submit that a better framing might be to consider public goods as goods that create positive externalities. In that framing, we can find plenty of examples of projects in Ethereum, including many DAOs, that are critical for the long term sustainability of web3. These projects should be financially rewarded such that they can not only survive, but thrive, and we now have new coordination and incentive mechanisms to ensure that happens in a way that benefits all market participants. In short, I believe in the optimistic vision for the same reason I believe in playing positive-sum games.

1. "This is a ā€œWorkingā€ Constitution"

Good governance means working flexibly and adjusting direction not only based on the will of the community but based on learnings that naturally happen as a DAO scales. Huge fan of this approach and especially a fan of the four year limit. Consensus > immutability.

2. "OP Citizens and OP Holders will equally coexist within the Collective."

Love the idea of checks and balances across different decision-making bodies, and strongly agree with Vitalik here. Although DAO governance is a powerful tool, we need to be careful, just in other democratic systems, to avoid implicit or explicit plutocracy.

3. "The Optimism Foundation will be a steward of the Optimism Collective and its early governance model."

I strongly agree with the idea of progressive decentralization and believe itā€™s only natural for Optimism to focus in on the foundation to start and slowly expand its values and goals out to the community. A DAO without direction cannot achieve its goals, and there needs to be a core group that sets the initial conditions for future direction / growth.

My Web3 interests:

DAOs, governance, economics, social impact, privacy

English, French

partnerships, governance design, economic modeling, community building

My favorite Web3 projects:

Gitcoin, Optimism, ENS

Letā€™s create a positive-sum world.

12 Likes

Optimism Delegate Application

Name: GFX Labs

Address or ENS: gfxlabs.eth

Twitter Handle @labsGFX
Discord Handles PaperImperium#4249 and Getty#9877

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): GFX Labs Tally Profile

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: We look forward to leveraging our learnings from other protocols and the deep relationships our team has fostered across DeFi, TradFi, governments, and academics.

GFX has a record of rolling up our sleeves and getting work done. The GFX team has authored half of all successful proposals on Uniswap (including the first cross-chain governance proposal), listed multiple assets and developed the price oracle on Compound, and led efforts at MakerDAO to interface with regulators, lawmakers, and outside researchers. We actively work to find mutual benefits for protocols we cover to collaborate ā€“ such as the soon-to-be deployed DAI Direct Deposit Module for MakerDAO to plug directly into Compound.

Delegation to GFX Labs is a delegation to a governance team that is one of the most experienced in DeFi, able to facilitate partnerships, and with a track record of consistent engagement and delivery of results.

GFX Labs isnā€™t a fund. We donā€™t hold positions. We are a team of builders who love DeFi. Our participation in governance is rooted in a desire to see DeFi overtake legacy finance. We promise to be active participants. Weā€™ll explain not only when we agree, but most importantly, when we disagree. As first-hand participants in governance, we know how frustrating it is to work on a proposal, receive limited comments, only to have the proposal shot down at launch. Our door will always be open to those who share the passion for DeFi that we have.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: GFX has a passion for building and optimizing protocols and the Web3 ecosystem generally. Our past record shows a commitment to the same ideals expressed in the Optimistic Vision ā€“ collaboration, coordination, and democratization of everything Web3.

Article 1: Experimentation is appropriate, but past experience at major protocols suggests experimentation should be done with specific goals in mind. An ability to experiment early on is worthwhile, but needs to be tempered with an ability to commit once a winning formula has been found.

Article 2: A bicameral structure should in theory provide a more robust set of checks and balances, but only to the extent that OP Holder and OP Citizens are representative of differing constituencies. Shaping the criteria for the latter will be very important to get correct.

Article 3: The Foundation-that-decentralizes-over-time model worked quite well for governing the Maker protocol. It will be important to have robust governance processes developed prior to the end of that journey, however, to insure institutional knowledge is retained and best practices continue after full decentralization.

My Web3 interests:
Choose ā‰¤ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: ā€œA, B, Cā€.

Accessibility, DAOs, Data and analytics, DeFi, Developer tools, Economics, Events, Environment, Gaming, Governance, Identity, Infrastructure, Legal, Messaging, Music, NFTs, Oracles, Privacy, Security, Social impact, Visual art, Wallets, Writing

DAOs, Economics, Governance, Legal, Infrastructure.

English, Korean, Spanish, Mandarin

My skills and areas of expertise: GFX staff have experience in DeFi governance, proposal creation & execution, regulatory interface, academic outreach, economics, financial systems & markets, cross-protocol collaboration.

10 Likes

Name : Muiris

Address or ENS: muiris.eth

Discord username : lowfawn

Verification https://twitter.com/m_muiris/status/1524188770265878528

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes, I read it and I understand

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes, I understand

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe the best future for humanity is limited centralized power.

My view on the [Optimistic Vision: A powerful first step to empowering the community to take responsibility for their own self care and well being.

My view on the first three articles of the [Working Constitution] I think a permanent constitution will take several years to flush out. As with previous governing documents, the best documents are thoughtful, reflective of history and a embracement of current realities.

My Web3 interests:
DOAs, Economics, Social impact, privacy

Languages I speak and write: EN

My skills and areas of expertise: finance
My favorite Web3 projects: ETH, MKR, TOKE

2 Likes

Name : Butterbum
:red_circle:
ENS: butterbum.eth
Twitter handle: @waterproofETH
Discord username : Slasher#8325
Verification :Tally ID- YWJLJ4
I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Confirmed
I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Confirmed
Optimism being EVM equivalence sets it above the rest, it is a major factor in me applying for a delegates roll and wanting to help the Collective achieve fair decentralization. I have spent a few years learning and interacting with the EVM and have witnessed and participated in many DAOā€™s. I truly have a deep love for Ethereum and its values and would like to make a contribution in helping build a Collective Optimism. Itā€™s fantastic to even have this opportunity to participate in such an amazing adventure.
With this new governance structure, it will be interesting to witness how the retroactive funding for public goods allows Optimism to grow and in turn how it can empower Ethereum to flourish. Being able to experiment gives Optimism more freedom and a better chance in getting a DDP (Digital Democratic Governance) to workā€¦properly!
The main takeaway would be that Optimism shares Ethereum core values and aims to achieve complete decentralization in the future. I am intrigued by the Working Constitution in this everchanging, face-paced, environment. I feel having the right principles and philosophy, will be key to the growth of Optimism and that is what I have experienced in the Optimism eco-system. Itā€™s a challenging road ahead balancing the Token House and the Citizens House, with a ā€œsystem that will evolve as the Collective grows.ā€
My Web3 interests:
DAOs, Governance, NFTs, Data & analytics, Gaming
en
Ethereum, Dopewars, Pickle Finance

4 Likes

Name: Linda Xie

Address or ENS: 0x5e349eca2dc61aBCd9dD99Ce94d04136151a09Ee

Discord username: linda#4622

Verification: Tally

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to further support the important work that Optimism is doing on scaling. Iā€™m also passionate about public goods funding and governance experimentation.

My view on the Optimistic Vision 17: I align strongly with the vision. Iā€™m excited about the new model focused on optimizing for positive impact and providing retroactive incentives for public goods.

1. Agree, I think the collective should be open to experimentation and be dynamic in the early days as we grow and learn
  2. Agree, Iā€™m supportive of checks and balances
  3. Agree, Iā€™m glad to see the Optimism Foundation be a steward of the collective early on

My Web3 interests: Accessibility, DAOs, DeFi, Governance, Identity

Languages I speak and write: English (en)

My skills and areas of expertise: product (previously product manager at Coinbase), governance (delegate for Gitcoin and Element DAO), writing / creating educational content, operations, strategy, DeFi (advisor of 0x and investor in many DeFi projects), investing (co-founder of crypto fund Scalar Capital)

20 Likes

Name : Zeng Jiajun

Address or ENS: zengjiajun.eth

Discord username : zengjiajun.eth#2669

Verification : Twitter

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to help more people on board using Ethereum. Optimism is one of the best choices right now. Also, I want to provide my unique perspective to the Optimism community based on my past experience in China, moderation, and social media for diversification when it comes to public good funding.

ęˆ‘ęƒ³åø®åŠ©ę›“多ēš„äŗŗ加兄ä½æē”Ø仄å¤Ŗ坊ēš„č”Œåˆ—ć€‚Optimism ę˜Æē›®å‰ęœ€å„½ēš„é€‰ę‹©ä¹‹äø€ć€‚åŒę—¶ļ¼Œęˆ‘ęƒ³ę ¹ę®ęˆ‘čæ‡åŽ»åœØäø­å›½ļ¼Œå†…容宔ę ø和ē¤¾äŗ¤åŖ’ä½“ę–¹é¢ēš„ē»éŖŒļ¼Œäøŗ Optimism ē¤¾åŒŗęä¾›ęˆ‘ē‹¬ē‰¹ēš„视角ļ¼Œä»„ä¾æåœØę¶‰åŠåˆ°å…¬å…±äŗ§å“čžčµ„ę—¶å®žēŽ°å¤šę ·åŒ–怂

My view on the Optimistic Vision: I agree and am excited about the first time there is a built-in governance structure at the protocol level for public good funding. Iā€™m looking forward to participating in and experiencing the soulbound citizenship governance experiment. The public good is good and most importantly, can be sustainable.

ęˆ‘åŒę„å¹¶äøŗē¬¬äø€ę¬”åœØåč®®å±‚é¢ęœ‰äø€äøŖ内ē½®ēš„å…±äŗ§å“čžčµ„ēš„ę²»ē†ē»“ęž„č€Œę„Ÿåˆ°å…“å„‹ć€‚ęˆ‘ęœŸå¾…ē€å‚äøŽå’Œä½“éŖŒ ā€œēµé­‚ē»‘定ā€ ēš„å…¬ę°‘ę²»ē†å®žéŖŒć€‚公共äŗ§å“ę˜Æ儽ēš„ļ¼Œęœ€é‡č¦ēš„ę˜Æļ¼Œč¦ę˜ÆåÆä»„ęŒē»­ēš„怂

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution :

1. Agree. Weā€™re in the frontier of the mix of protocol governance and public good funding. We should be open to experimenting and try to find a good balance to move forward.
    åŒę„ć€‚ęˆ‘ä»¬ę­£å¤„äŗŽåč®®ę²»ē†å’Œå…¬ē›Ščµ„é‡‘ę··åˆēš„前ę²æé˜µåœ°ć€‚ęˆ‘ä»¬åŗ”čÆ„åƹ实éŖŒęŒå¼€ę”¾ę€åŗ¦ļ¼Œå¹¶čÆ•å›¾ę‰¾åˆ°äø€äøŖč‰Æ儽ēš„å¹³č””ē‚¹ę„向前ęŽØčæ›ć€‚

2. Agree. Having both OP holders and citizen governance design is an effective way to balance the short-term interest and long-term development. A similar design in ENS governance shows an effective result when thereā€™re turbulence occurs.
    åŒę„ć€‚åŒę—¶ę‹„ęœ‰OP 代åøęŒęœ‰äŗŗå’Œå…¬ę°‘ę²»ē†č®¾č®”ę˜Æå¹³č””ēŸ­ęœŸåˆ©ē›Šå’Œé•æęœŸå‘å±•ēš„ęœ‰ę•ˆę–¹å¼ć€‚å½“å‘ē”Ÿäŗŗäŗ‹åŠØč”ę—¶ļ¼ŒåœØ ENS ę²»ē†äø­ēš„ē±»ä¼¼č®¾č®”ę˜¾ē¤ŗäŗ†ęœ‰ę•ˆēš„ē»“ęžœć€‚

3. Agree, having the Optimism Foundation as a steward is a great beginning for the governance process and implementation.
    åŒę„ļ¼Œē”± Optimism åŸŗ金会作äøŗē®”家ę˜Æę²»ē†čæ‡ēØ‹å’Œå®žę–½ēš„äø€äøŖ儽ēš„å¼€ē«Æ怂

My Web3 interests: Infrastructure, Identity, DeFi, Social impact åŸŗē”€č®¾ę–½ć€čŗ«ä»½ć€DeFi态ē¤¾ä¼šå½±å“

Languages I speak and write: English (en), Chinese (zh)

My skills and areas of expertise: Product (Previously product manager at Bytedance/TikTok, Meituan)

My favorite Web3 projects: Gitcoin, Proof of Humanity, Curve.

5 Likes

Name: Boiler Blockchain (Purdue)

Address or ENS: 0x2345F4E0CdF00D427D773413Dd4617d0156c29A9

Discord username: Andrew Chen#4259

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tweet

Boiler Blockchain is Purdue Universityā€™s student-run blockchain organization. We have forty active members in our first semester on campus, and weā€™re rapidly growing as this exciting space comes to the forefront of technology.

Weā€™re interested in pursuing the vision that has been laid out by the Optimism Foundation, and followed by the Optimism community. We have both the technical and human capital necessary to contribute to the Optimistic future: our dedicated research team publishes articles on ambitious blockchain projects like Helium and Radix DLT, and we currently manage a governance delegation from a16z for dYdX.

We see public goods funding, and more generally the manifestation of selfish incentives through human-controlled power structures, as the root issues which cause many of the symptoms seen in modern society. Blockchains and similar decentralized technologies enable the redirection of human incentives in a way that no technology has enabled in the past. We must capture this opportunity to reinvent society for the better, and ensure that the technology does not fall into use for evil.

The initial governance period will be highly dynamic. Progression towards a stable system is natural and necessary for long-term governance. We would like to see and/or contribute to a more fleshed-out definition of what ā€œbedrockā€ constitution means, as we do not believe four years will be quite enough for a stable governance system to emerge. (This period covers only a single Bitcoin halving cycle: from a macro perspective, we cannot hope to capture all cyclical effects on society in just four years.)

We believe in progressive decentralization as the path forward in web3. We are hopeful that blockchains and similar technologies will lead to a fairer and more equitable system for all, and we are eager to contribute our efforts to that future.

My Web3 interests: DeFi, Economics, Governance, Identity, Social Impact

Languages I speak and write: English (en), Spanish (es), Chinese (zh), Hindi (hi)

My skills and areas of expertise: Smart contract & full-stack development, web3 content creation and curation, blockchain course instruction and consulting

My favorite Web3 projects: Bitcoin, Lightning, Ethereum, Starkware/ZKSync etc, DID

5 Likes

Name : Yoav Weiss

Address or ENS: yoav.eth

Discord username : yoavw#6661

Verification Tally profile

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I care deeply about the Ethereum community and I believe rollups are the future of scaling it. I have a good understanding of the Optimism network, and as a delegate I believe I can apply my knowledge to best represent the long term sustainability of the network and the safety of its users.

Iā€™m a strong proponent of retroactive public good funding. I participated in the first experiment as a badge-holder and engaged in conversations about taking it to the next level. Iā€™m thrilled to take part in the next steps.

My long term vision goes beyond cyberspace. I see retroPGF as the perfect way to bring the power of the free market to make the world a better place. In particular I would like to experiment with retroPGF in the field of medical research, where the current incentive structure is broken and retroPGF could align it perfectly.

If the Optimistic Vision proves successful, I hope we can replicate the model to kickstart similar ecosystems where theyā€™re needed the most.

This is a ā€œWorkingā€ Constitution. - Definitely agree. Just seeing how much the ideas evolved in the past year, makes it obvious how much it still needs to evolve. Iā€™m thrilled to see what itā€™ll look like in four years.

OP Citizens and OP Holders will equally coexist within the Collective. - I think this separation is a good start but I anticipate conflicts of interest that will require a more complex system. The bicameral system is a good way to start, but I expect itā€™ll evolve into something we canā€™t quite predict yet.

The Optimism Foundation will be a steward of the Optimism Collective and its early governance model. - I understand why itā€™s needed for pragmatic reasons, and the foundation model works well for other projects. I hope the foundation will maintain a high level of transparency and empower the bicameral governance system whenever possible.

My Web3 interests: Security, Infrastructure, Social impact, DAOs, Governance.

Languages I speak and write: he, en, basic knowledge of a couple of others.

My skills and areas of expertise: Security, Ethereum, bridges, rollups and other L2 networks, architecture, protocol & mechanism design. Oh, and Iā€™m a human and tend to apply stoic principles.

My favorite Web3 projects: OpenGSN, Gitcoin, ENS

8 Likes

Name : Alejandro Santander a.k.a. The Ethernaut

Address or ENS: theethernaut.eth

Discord username : Ethernaut#2991

Verification (Tally profile or tweet):

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yep

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yep

I believe that Optimism has done an incredible job so far towards scaling Ethereum, and I want to make sure that it continues down itā€™s righteous path via itā€™s open governance. I believe that I understand which values need to be preserved, after being a part of the Ethereum community almost since itā€™s beginning.

I am a strong believer of public goods, and I think that weā€™re just starting to see the tip of the iceberg for them within Ethereum. I am strongly aligned with the vision that Optimism has, and I believe that it will be a big deal for the world in the next few years. We will start to see more and more things materializing in Ethereum that represent public goods for all humanity.

Totally agree with iteration and experimentation. We are not experts in politics, but we can experiment much faster than any physical entity can. We should also strive to achieve non plutocratic on-chain governance at all costs. Having a foundation with one foot in meatspace is also critical.

My Web3 interests:

Governance for better human coordination, DeFi for financial freedom, Tooling just because I am a nerd and I canā€™t help it.

English (en)
Spanish (es)

Smart contract developer.

Synthetix, Optimism, EthernautDAO.

9 Likes

Name : Jonathan West

Address or ENS: 0x2fd8bD701461684957a9d6a9d15F9D5cBF17a58d

Discord username : jwest411

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/JWestJest/status/1525569498530594816

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Iā€™d like to see Optimism experience healthy governance

My view on the [Optimistic Vision: I think its great but the devil is always in the details.

I think the setup is conducive to a well functioning community but its hard to predict unknown unknowns. This would be a great exercise 90 days in. Personally, I lean a bit more towards users have rights than ++ test in production, but I am open minded.

My Web3 interests:
Economics, Defi, Events, Gaming, Governance

English, small Spanish

My skills and areas of expertise: Finance, Trading, Game Theory, Chess, Poker, Treasury Management

My favorite Web3 projects: Avax, Ethereum, Chainlink

5 Likes

Name : Solarcurve

Address or ENS: solarcurve.eth

Discord username : solarcurve#5075

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | YWGQZ4

Optimism holds a special place in the Ethereum community. My motivation for becoming a delegate is to help promote a transparent, productive, and positive sum governance process. Iā€™ve played a key role in shaping Balancerā€™s governance process over the last two years and I hope to bring that expertise to the Optimism Collective.

My view on the Optimistic Vision :

I am a strong believer in the importance of funding public goods and was quite active contributing to Gitcoin back in 2020. The Optimistic Vision represents a massive step forward in Ethereumā€™s commitment to public goods and Iā€™m very excited to see it come to life.

It represents a refreshingly candid view on web3 governance - we donā€™t expect to get it right from the beginning and instead begin the journey with an open mind, ready to experiment. Balancer has been through a few experiments of its own and even recently created their new Foundation in the Caymans so I will bring relevant and constructive insights as Optimism starts this journey towards a governance system that truly serves the interests of the Collective.

My Web3 interests:

DAOs, DeFi, Economics, Governance, and Writing

English

8 Likes

Name : Jiawei Hu

Address or ENS: hujiawei.eth

Discord username :hujiawei#7633

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | 1GNE04

1. OPā€™s governance concept is new, open and transparent enough. These are very attractive to me.
  2. The governance of many projects on the market at present is not interesting and there is no sense of participation in the knot, and only a small number of people are willing to participate in the governance. So there is a need for agents to emerge.
  3. Becoming an agent can deeply participate in the op ecology and can help the community more deeply.

**My view on the Optimistic Vision: ** Many of the so-called public chains in the market are centralized. They are not only decentralized, they also abandon the original value of Eth network. op sticks to its claim (not abandoning the value of Eth, decentralization). I agree with OPā€™s proposition.
opā€™s governance is novel and future-proof. op introduces and concept of meta-universe governance, which will make community governance more interesting and give community members a sense of participation.

1. Agree with the first point.
    A governance model that can be used as an industry standard has not yet emerged. So we need a dynamic governance logic that can change with the tide.
  2. Strongly agree.
    OP Citizens and OP Holders are mutually constrained to make governance dynamic and balanced, and OP Citizens makes governance more interesting and participatory.
  3. strongly agree.
    The existence of Optimism Foundation is an important player in the beginning of OP governance and can make OP more compliant. As time goes by, the decentralized governance logic will become more mature, and the Optimism Foundationā€™s authority will be decentralized at that time. Thatā€™s great.

My Web3 interests:

DAOs, Data and analytics, DeFi, Economics, Governance, Music, NFTs, Social impact

Languages I speak and write: Chinese and English

My skills and areas of expertise: Marketing and Community Manager
My favorite Web3 projects: Elementļ¼ŒGoldfich

3 Likes

Name : Cryptotesters

**Address or ENS: 0x13838884271ec954CB036D0B29D404afab5EAe2A

Discord username :

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/cryptotesters/status/1526311674101342215?s=20&t=RePScZ0xBQCpiZ060R3ODQ

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes we read it and I understand.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes we understand.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Cryptotesters has been educating about the Layer-2 ecosystem since its inception. We are strong believers in Ethereum and rollups as the means to scale it. We want to play our part in helping rollups get adoption by continuing to educate users. In Optimismā€™s governance we want to be the voice of end-users.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: We are strong believers in the Optimistic Vision. Too many open-source contributors are not getting meaningful compensation while short-term profit seekers in Web3 are getting rich. Optimismā€™s vision of funding public goods seems like the best way to re-align incentives and makes for a future narrative filled with hope and positivity. Moreover, Cryptotesters guild is optimism-native with its membership NFT launching in 2 weeks on Optimism mainnet.

The first three articles seem logical. Optimism DAO will be one of the first experiments of on-chain network governance thus it makes sense to start with a humble and agile mindset and expand responsibilities as learnings are being made.

My Web3 interests:

DAOs, DeFi, Metaverse, Gaming

Languages I speak and write: Cryptotesters members are from every corner of the world

My skills and areas of expertise: Cryptotesters has years of experience breaking down complex and technical crypto jargon into easy to understand narratives, memes and blog posts that resonate with newcomers. We are also Web3 power users and love testing new products as well as giving user feedback to builders.

Hop
Polynomial
Lyra

5 Likes

Name : Kris Kaczor (L2BEAT)

Address or ENS: 0x1B686eE8E31c5959D9F5BBd8122a58682788eeaD

Discord username : krzkaczor#6240

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/krzKaczor/status/1526294586510950402

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: YES

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: YES

As a L2Beat.com co-founder, Iā€™ve spent a lot of time researching and educating people about different ways that Ethereum can scale. I am a technical person not afraid to dive deep into tech. Bringing transparency and ensuring well being of rollup users was always a top priority for me. I hope that by becoming a delegate I can help to steer the development of Optimism in the right direction and fulfill these goals.

My view on the Optimistic Vision :

Public Goods are essential for any thriving community (virtual or not). A systemic solution to the public goods funding problem will make Optimism the best rollup to use.

The previous year, I had a pleasure to participate in the first Retroactive Public Goods Founding round done by Optimism. This gave me an opportunity to help many critical tools that lack any business model. I believe that baking public goods funding as a core principle of a rollup will be a game-changer for the quality of the whole ecosystem.

1. As a MakerDAO governance participant I know firsthand that itā€™s impossible to design a perfect system on the first try. We will have to experiment and iterate for years before we get the governance model right.
  2. Typical token governance with the airdrops model is broken (for everyone except yield farmers). Providing voting power to actual users of the domain seems like a good alignment and itā€™s quite innovative on its own.
  3. It seems like a reasonable way to bootstrap the whole thing.

My Web3 interests:
DeFi, Developer tools, Infrastructure, Governance, Security

Polish, English

My skills and areas of expertise: writing and reading smart contracts, dev tooling, researching ethereum scalability solutions, trying to break rollups

MakerDAO, L2BEAT, DethCrypto :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Name : she256

Address or ENS: she256.eth

Discord Username : Anika | she256#6692

Verification : Tweet

she256 started almost 4 years ago, with the mission to increase diversity in the crypto space. We fundamentally believe that blockchain technology will shape our future financial and governance structures, and as such itā€™s crucial that those building these systems are representative of the global, diverse population which they intend to serve.

As users (old and new) are priced out of Ethereum Layer 1, we urgently support Optimismā€™s mission to scale Ethereum sustainably and are firm supporters in the creation of a virtuous cycle of public goods funding to benefit users both financially and through user experience of the cyberspace.

We support the Collectiveā€™s axiom of impact=profit and the principle that positive externalities should be rewarded with profit to the individual. We intent to use our delegation to ensure the individuals rewarded make up the global, diverse population that exists today and welcome them to the cyberspace through the work achieved by the Optimism Collective.

We know, based on numerous studies, that diversity within organizations boosts innovation and acts as a driver for increased profitability. So, by encouraging more diverse participation in Optimism by delegating to she256, Optimism is structurally cementing an environment ripe to produce more innovative products and superior financial returns.

We believe we can be neutral governance participants who will represent the values and interests of our allies and underrepresented folks in crypto, as well as the Optimism Collective itself. By delegating to us, youā€™ll be an ally to our cause. Thank you!

We support the Collectiveā€™s axiom of impact=profit and the principle that positive externalities should be rewarded with profit to the individual. We want to align this to our vision by using our delegation to ensure the individuals rewarded make up the global, diverse population that exists today and welcome them to the cyberspace through the work achieved by the Optimism Collective.

We support the funding of public goods in the Ethereum ecosystem. Lack of public goods funding in the physical world often perpetuates inequalities, especially for underrepresented members of society. We align wholeheartedly with the statement that public goods can in fact be profitable, because democratizing access to resources has ripple effects in reducing inequality and as a result, generating profit. We aim to represent our communities of allies and underrepresented folks of crypto and believe we can assist the Collective in this goal. We would welcome the opportunity to contribute and play a directional role in building a virtuous cycle of impact driven expansion which benefits all users of the ecosystem (both existing and potential) both financially and via user experience which aligns closely she256ā€™s core mission.

As we fundamentally believe in blockchain technology shaping our future governance structures, we support the Working Constitutionā€™s commitment to experimentation and flexibility and would welcome the opportunity to play an active role in building the playbook for fair, democratic decentralized governance. Impossible to master on the first try, governance requires commitment to rapid experimentation / adaptation ensures a healthy system where incentives remain aligned.

We support the Optimismā€™s model to move away from simple token-based governance systems which tend towards consolidated power amongst the wealthy ā€œwhalesā€ of our ecosystem. This experiment to build a voting system representative of a large diverse community, regardless of token balance, aligns closely with she256ā€™s core mission. As the Optimism Collective continues to experiment with governance structures, we welcome the opportunity to help hold the Collective accountable in avoiding excessive consolidation of power and aligning incentives for all members of our society as this is a key component of our voting philosophy.

We believe in progressive decentralization and welcome the Optimism Foundation as early leaders in the Optimism Collectiveā€™s governance model. We request the transparency in actions and decision-making of the Foundation and look forward to the guidance and unique insight that the Foundation can provide.

Zooming out, we believe the ability to clearly and concisely communicate information, as done in the Working Constitution itself, is a healthy indication of well-organized and sustainable governance.

• Have been in the space since early 2018, and were the first-ever 501c3 created to tackle the diversity issue in web3.
  • We have onboarded 1000s of women, and other underrepresented minorities to this space through a combination of educational content, mentorship initiatives, and community-building. Read more about our initiatives here: she256.org
  • Our core team comprises individuals active in web3, contributing to projects and entities such Uniswap, NEAR, Celo, Opyn, Variant, Union, Metamask, Orca, Gitcoin, and many more.

My Web3 interests: DAOs, DEI, Social Impact

My favorite Web3 projects: Optimism, ENS

Languages I speak and/or write: en, es, hi

6 Likes

Name : Blockchain@Columbia

Address or ENS: blockchaincolumbia.eth

Discord username: Cryptolafayette#4711

Verification: tweet

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Blockchain@Columbia is Columbia Universityā€™s premier non-profit blockchain organization focusing on educating and empowering crypto builders, researchers, and creators.

We launched the first student group DAO, Lion DAO, in 2021. Some DAO activities include a grants program which encourages Web-3 research. Our annual conference, Ledgerfest, focused on crypto and web3 founders from Arbitrum, Polygon, Cosmos, Drift, Audius, and more! We host weekly speakers like Aaveā€™s Founder Stani, Nansenā€™s Founder Alex, Optimismā€™s own Kelvin Fichter and we host weekly technical blockchain and development workshops.

This spring we organized a 3-day hackathon, Lionhack for students and other builders in the space to help onboard more people to crypto and incubate new projects in the space. We are strong supporters of innovative Defi projects, and we are big believers in what the future of OP Governance and the Optimism collective might become. Given our experience in our own DAOā€™s governance as well as in Uniswap, Compound, and dYdX, we believe that we are strongly equipped to act as a neutral and effective governance delegate for Optimistic Governance!

My view on the Optimistic Vision: We all know that one of the founding principals of Web-3 is proof-of-work, and proving yourself through impact and results have been a core principal of crypto communities since Bitcoinā€™s beginnings. But we believe the Optimistic collective is taking the proof of work idea to the next level with digital democratic governance. We believe in a world where incentives align and digital citizens can be rewarded contributing to the public good. We also believe in the continuous struggle toward self improvement, something the Optimism Collective has highlighted as a goal in its Vision.

1. We believe in the search for continuous improvement. The optimistic collective and vision will evolve over time and the world will look different in four years.

2. Weā€™re excited about the experimentation between $OP governance and OP citizenship.

3. We believe fewer and fewer foundation intervention is better for the Optimism Collective in the long run.

My Web3 interests:
Governance, DAOs, Education, Hackathons, Defi

Languages I speak and write: Members of our team speak English, French, Italian, German, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japaneses, Korean, Spanish, Afrikaans, Telugu, Punjabi, Hindi, and we have the potential for more as a university organization.

My skills and areas of expertise: DAO Governance, Smart contract development, DeFi, Community Building, Education

Compound, dYdX, Gnosis Safe

5 Likes