Delegate Commitments [OLD]

Name : Jiawei Hu

Address or ENS: hujiawei.eth

Discord username :hujiawei#7633

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | 1GNE04

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

1. OP’s governance concept is new, open and transparent enough. These are very attractive to me.
  2. The governance of many projects on the market at present is not interesting and there is no sense of participation in the knot, and only a small number of people are willing to participate in the governance. So there is a need for agents to emerge.
  3. Becoming an agent can deeply participate in the op ecology and can help the community more deeply.

**My view on the Optimistic Vision: ** Many of the so-called public chains in the market are centralized. They are not only decentralized, they also abandon the original value of Eth network. op sticks to its claim (not abandoning the value of Eth, decentralization). I agree with OP’s proposition.
op’s governance is novel and future-proof. op introduces and concept of meta-universe governance, which will make community governance more interesting and give community members a sense of participation.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

1. Agree with the first point.
    A governance model that can be used as an industry standard has not yet emerged. So we need a dynamic governance logic that can change with the tide.
  2. Strongly agree.
    OP Citizens and OP Holders are mutually constrained to make governance dynamic and balanced, and OP Citizens makes governance more interesting and participatory.
  3. strongly agree.
    The existence of Optimism Foundation is an important player in the beginning of OP governance and can make OP more compliant. As time goes by, the decentralized governance logic will become more mature, and the Optimism Foundation’s authority will be decentralized at that time. That’s great.

My Web3 interests:

DAOs, Data and analytics, DeFi, Economics, Governance, Music, NFTs, Social impact

Languages I speak and write: Chinese and English

My skills and areas of expertise: Marketing and Community Manager
My favorite Web3 projects: Element,Goldfich

3 Likes

Name : Cryptotesters

**Address or ENS: 0x13838884271ec954CB036D0B29D404afab5EAe2A

Discord username :

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/cryptotesters/status/1526311674101342215?s=20&t=RePScZ0xBQCpiZ060R3ODQ

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes we read it and I understand.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes we understand.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Cryptotesters has been educating about the Layer-2 ecosystem since its inception. We are strong believers in Ethereum and rollups as the means to scale it. We want to play our part in helping rollups get adoption by continuing to educate users. In Optimism’s governance we want to be the voice of end-users.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: We are strong believers in the Optimistic Vision. Too many open-source contributors are not getting meaningful compensation while short-term profit seekers in Web3 are getting rich. Optimism’s vision of funding public goods seems like the best way to re-align incentives and makes for a future narrative filled with hope and positivity. Moreover, Cryptotesters guild is optimism-native with its membership NFT launching in 2 weeks on Optimism mainnet.

The first three articles seem logical. Optimism DAO will be one of the first experiments of on-chain network governance thus it makes sense to start with a humble and agile mindset and expand responsibilities as learnings are being made.

My Web3 interests:

DAOs, DeFi, Metaverse, Gaming

Languages I speak and write: Cryptotesters members are from every corner of the world

My skills and areas of expertise: Cryptotesters has years of experience breaking down complex and technical crypto jargon into easy to understand narratives, memes and blog posts that resonate with newcomers. We are also Web3 power users and love testing new products as well as giving user feedback to builders.

My favorite Web3 projects:

Hop
Polynomial
Lyra

5 Likes

Name : Kris Kaczor (L2BEAT)

Address or ENS: 0x1B686eE8E31c5959D9F5BBd8122a58682788eeaD

Discord username : krzkaczor#6240

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/krzKaczor/status/1526294586510950402

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: YES

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: YES

As a L2Beat.com co-founder, I’ve spent a lot of time researching and educating people about different ways that Ethereum can scale. I am a technical person not afraid to dive deep into tech. Bringing transparency and ensuring well being of rollup users was always a top priority for me. I hope that by becoming a delegate I can help to steer the development of Optimism in the right direction and fulfill these goals.

My view on the Optimistic Vision :

Public Goods are essential for any thriving community (virtual or not). A systemic solution to the public goods funding problem will make Optimism the best rollup to use.

The previous year, I had a pleasure to participate in the first Retroactive Public Goods Founding round done by Optimism. This gave me an opportunity to help many critical tools that lack any business model. I believe that baking public goods funding as a core principle of a rollup will be a game-changer for the quality of the whole ecosystem.

1. As a MakerDAO governance participant I know firsthand that it’s impossible to design a perfect system on the first try. We will have to experiment and iterate for years before we get the governance model right.
  2. Typical token governance with the airdrops model is broken (for everyone except yield farmers). Providing voting power to actual users of the domain seems like a good alignment and it’s quite innovative on its own.
  3. It seems like a reasonable way to bootstrap the whole thing.

My Web3 interests:
DeFi, Developer tools, Infrastructure, Governance, Security

Languages I speak and write:
Polish, English

My skills and areas of expertise: writing and reading smart contracts, dev tooling, researching ethereum scalability solutions, trying to break rollups

MakerDAO, L2BEAT, DethCrypto :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Name : she256

Address or ENS: she256.eth

Discord Username : Anika | she256#6692

Verification : Tweet

she256 started almost 4 years ago, with the mission to increase diversity in the crypto space. We fundamentally believe that blockchain technology will shape our future financial and governance structures, and as such it’s crucial that those building these systems are representative of the global, diverse population which they intend to serve.

As users (old and new) are priced out of Ethereum Layer 1, we urgently support Optimism’s mission to scale Ethereum sustainably and are firm supporters in the creation of a virtuous cycle of public goods funding to benefit users both financially and through user experience of the cyberspace.

We support the Collective’s axiom of impact=profit and the principle that positive externalities should be rewarded with profit to the individual. We intent to use our delegation to ensure the individuals rewarded make up the global, diverse population that exists today and welcome them to the cyberspace through the work achieved by the Optimism Collective.

We know, based on numerous studies, that diversity within organizations boosts innovation and acts as a driver for increased profitability. So, by encouraging more diverse participation in Optimism by delegating to she256, Optimism is structurally cementing an environment ripe to produce more innovative products and superior financial returns.

We believe we can be neutral governance participants who will represent the values and interests of our allies and underrepresented folks in crypto, as well as the Optimism Collective itself. By delegating to us, you’ll be an ally to our cause. Thank you!

My view on the Optimistic Vision:
We support the Collective’s axiom of impact=profit and the principle that positive externalities should be rewarded with profit to the individual. We want to align this to our vision by using our delegation to ensure the individuals rewarded make up the global, diverse population that exists today and welcome them to the cyberspace through the work achieved by the Optimism Collective.

We support the funding of public goods in the Ethereum ecosystem. Lack of public goods funding in the physical world often perpetuates inequalities, especially for underrepresented members of society. We align wholeheartedly with the statement that public goods can in fact be profitable, because democratizing access to resources has ripple effects in reducing inequality and as a result, generating profit. We aim to represent our communities of allies and underrepresented folks of crypto and believe we can assist the Collective in this goal. We would welcome the opportunity to contribute and play a directional role in building a virtuous cycle of impact driven expansion which benefits all users of the ecosystem (both existing and potential) both financially and via user experience which aligns closely she256’s core mission.

As we fundamentally believe in blockchain technology shaping our future governance structures, we support the Working Constitution’s commitment to experimentation and flexibility and would welcome the opportunity to play an active role in building the playbook for fair, democratic decentralized governance. Impossible to master on the first try, governance requires commitment to rapid experimentation / adaptation ensures a healthy system where incentives remain aligned.

We support the Optimism’s model to move away from simple token-based governance systems which tend towards consolidated power amongst the wealthy “whales” of our ecosystem. This experiment to build a voting system representative of a large diverse community, regardless of token balance, aligns closely with she256’s core mission. As the Optimism Collective continues to experiment with governance structures, we welcome the opportunity to help hold the Collective accountable in avoiding excessive consolidation of power and aligning incentives for all members of our society as this is a key component of our voting philosophy.

We believe in progressive decentralization and welcome the Optimism Foundation as early leaders in the Optimism Collective’s governance model. We request the transparency in actions and decision-making of the Foundation and look forward to the guidance and unique insight that the Foundation can provide.

Zooming out, we believe the ability to clearly and concisely communicate information, as done in the Working Constitution itself, is a healthy indication of well-organized and sustainable governance.

My skills and areas of expertise:

• Have been in the space since early 2018, and were the first-ever 501c3 created to tackle the diversity issue in web3.
  • We have onboarded 1000s of women, and other underrepresented minorities to this space through a combination of educational content, mentorship initiatives, and community-building. Read more about our initiatives here: she256.org
  • Our core team comprises individuals active in web3, contributing to projects and entities such Uniswap, NEAR, Celo, Opyn, Variant, Union, Metamask, Orca, Gitcoin, and many more.

My Web3 interests: DAOs, DEI, Social Impact

My favorite Web3 projects: Optimism, ENS

Languages I speak and/or write: en, es, hi

6 Likes

Name : Blockchain@Columbia

Address or ENS: blockchaincolumbia.eth

Discord username: Cryptolafayette#4711

Verification: tweet

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Blockchain@Columbia is Columbia University’s premier non-profit blockchain organization focusing on educating and empowering crypto builders, researchers, and creators.

We launched the first student group DAO, Lion DAO, in 2021. Some DAO activities include a grants program which encourages Web-3 research. Our annual conference, Ledgerfest, focused on crypto and web3 founders from Arbitrum, Polygon, Cosmos, Drift, Audius, and more! We host weekly speakers like Aave’s Founder Stani, Nansen’s Founder Alex, Optimism’s own Kelvin Fichter and we host weekly technical blockchain and development workshops.

This spring we organized a 3-day hackathon, Lionhack for students and other builders in the space to help onboard more people to crypto and incubate new projects in the space. We are strong supporters of innovative Defi projects, and we are big believers in what the future of OP Governance and the Optimism collective might become. Given our experience in our own DAO’s governance as well as in Uniswap, Compound, and dYdX, we believe that we are strongly equipped to act as a neutral and effective governance delegate for Optimistic Governance!

My view on the Optimistic Vision: We all know that one of the founding principals of Web-3 is proof-of-work, and proving yourself through impact and results have been a core principal of crypto communities since Bitcoin’s beginnings. But we believe the Optimistic collective is taking the proof of work idea to the next level with digital democratic governance. We believe in a world where incentives align and digital citizens can be rewarded contributing to the public good. We also believe in the continuous struggle toward self improvement, something the Optimism Collective has highlighted as a goal in its Vision.

1. We believe in the search for continuous improvement. The optimistic collective and vision will evolve over time and the world will look different in four years.

2. We’re excited about the experimentation between $OP governance and OP citizenship.

3. We believe fewer and fewer foundation intervention is better for the Optimism Collective in the long run.

My Web3 interests:
Governance, DAOs, Education, Hackathons, Defi

Languages I speak and write: Members of our team speak English, French, Italian, German, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japaneses, Korean, Spanish, Afrikaans, Telugu, Punjabi, Hindi, and we have the potential for more as a university organization.

My skills and areas of expertise: DAO Governance, Smart contract development, DeFi, Community Building, Education

Compound, dYdX, Gnosis Safe

5 Likes

Name: Nathan van der Heyden for Snapshot Labs

Address or ENS: nathanvdh.eth for shot.eth

Discord username: NathanVDH :zap:#5647

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/NathanVDH0x/status/1525113233593491456

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Snapshot’s team is very diverse, but there’s one thing we all share - we’re huge governance nerds. For us, blockchain governance and DAOs are the perfect infrastructure for the diverse communities that will be formed this century. Over the last few years, we’ve worked hard to support that diversity. We’ve added support for different voting systems (quadratic, weighted, ranked-choice,…), strategies that allow DAOs to attribute voting power to NFTs, POAPs, ERC-1155, or any kind of tokens. A well-designed DAO thrives when its community thrives and vice-versa. We want to participate in this experiment and help design an infrastructure that rewards public goods because we know from first-hand experience how tough it is to build them.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: We’d like to discuss here three key ideas found in the interpretation section of the Working Constitution, as these guiding principles are key to the Optimistic Vision. First, we fully agree with the necessity of minimizing governance. I think a better framework to use here is to clearly define the tasks and decisions pertinent to each level of the Optimism governance structure. Avoiding governance fatigue means only bringing the most important decisions to the community. For this reason, we fully support the delegate system.

Second, fixing the current plutocratic state of governance is trickier than it seems. There is a clear gap between the current dominant idea that token voting sucks and the reality of blockchain governance where an immense majority of projects still use token voting. Achieving a balance between financial stake and humanhood is a complex issue, but we strongly believe that the Optimism Collective has one of the best chances at solving this issue - which is why we’re applying to be delegates.

Finally, we strongly believe in the necessity of funding public goods. For the first year of its existence, Snapshot survived from donations - Gitcoin, and a few generous projects such as Balancer or Curve. If it wasn’t for their generosity, Snapshot wouldn’t exist today. During that time, most of the biggest web3 projects were already using it. We are 100% committed to helping new public good projects grow and serve the ecosystem, and we strongly believe we’ll benefit significantly from that cultural shift.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: Adding to what’s written in the first article, it’s necessary to innovate in terms of blockchain governance. The clock is ticking in terms of planet-wide coordination problems and the insights we can gain here have the power to change that. We have a moral duty to be pioneers of a system where looking out for one another is rewarded, and doesn’t come at an economic cost.

In the second article, I’d like to add that conflict is the default state of any democracy. Conflict is good, it’s a sign that dialog is possible and encouraged. It should be fostered, and key to the economic and ethical health of the governance structure.

Finally, the third article is a necessary measure and we believe that, as the first article states, this is something we’ll be able to discuss more in-depth once the Optimism Collective has found its footing and is ready to decentralize these responsibilities.

My Web3 interests: DAOs, Governance, Infrastructure, Social Impact, Identity

Languages I speak and write: Across the Snapshot team, you will find native speakers of English, French, German, Mandarin, Italian, Indonesian, Hindi, and many more.

My skills and areas of expertise: Designing governance systems and implementing them.

My favorite Web3 projects: Gitcoin, Balancer, Open Zeppelin

3 Likes

Name : Daniele Salatti

Address or ENS: salatti.eth (0x523d007855B3543797E0d3D462CB44B601274819)

Discord username : DanieleSalatti#6258

Verification (Tally profile or tweet):

Tally is having issues with address linking, so here’s the tweet.

Profile, once linking is fixed is Tally | 4VKVOY

I want to be an active participant in a project that I believe can have a seriously net positive impact on society as a whole. Being a contributor to certain open source projects lets me do that coming from a tech angle, this allows me to do it from the governance side.

Public goods are something we all benefit from, still they constantly underfunded. I think an approach that makes public goods profitable - while keeping them community owned - is the only sustainable way to go.

1. Completely agree that experimentation is the best way to understand and figure out what the best approach and structure is for all aspect of the collective. I am not sure that we will ever have a “Bedrock Constitution” if that means “set in stone” or “that is never changed”. I believe constitutions to be living documents that need to adapt to the changes of society over time - and I believe this to be true for DAOs as for countries.

2. Agreed,

3. Agree, I believe this to be a necessary step.

My Web3 interests:
Governance, Infrastructure, Social impact, Developer tools, Identity

Languages I speak and write: it, en

Software development, management / leading teams

• scaffold-eth: onboarding developers to Web3 in the fastest possible way
  • Tally Ho: wallet diversity is important in a similar way as client diversity is, and nowadays too many people are using MetaMask in the browser - we need more projects like this
  • Gitcoin
3 Likes

Name: Dane Lund

Address or ENS: danelund.eth

Discord username: Diomedes10#2050

Verification https://twitter.com/lund_dane/status/1527352492954046484?s=20&t=w5TYi8s-c_TuO9ZxruJ3Jg

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am the Head DAO Architect at Alliance DAO. Alliance DAO is a community of builders that is focused on supporting Web3 founders individually and collectively succeed. Alliance believes that Optimism is building a foundation for Web3 projects that need the functionality of EVM without the gas intensity. Among many reasons for wanting to participate in Optimism’s governance, three reasons motivate me to apply: (1) Optimism is building core infrastructure for the Ethereum ecosystem; (2) Optimism will be increasingly important for Alliance founders; and (3) Optimism will play an important role in helping DAOs govern increasingly large pools of capital. I believe that by directing capital to support public goods in the Optimism and Ethereum communities will generate significant value to these three causes.

We believe Optimism will provide long-term value to the Ethereum ecosystem. Optimism’s focus on EVM equivalence and minimalism enable projects to access the core functions of Ethereum with high fidelity and low friction while reducing the gas intensity of operating directly on mainnet. The coming release of Bedrock represents the culmination of years of experience and trial-and-error that we believe will give developers even greater confidence to build on Optimism. Secure, battle-tested L2s are a gateway through which Web3 innovations will thrive.

Optimism is a scaling solution for a number of projects that have graduated from our accelerator, including Synthetix and Perpetual Protocol. We believe Optimism will be an L2 of choice for many future cohort participants, given the demand for EVM equivalence and the ease of integration via Optimism. I aim to represent the views of our founders and cohort companies who have a vested interest in Optimism’s reliability and improvement.

I believe we are approaching a point where L2 solutions will be critical to DAO function, specifically. As we see more experimentation with governance, we need an EVM equivalent L2 that reduces the transaction cost of governance. Delegated hierarchies, subdaos, and pods present exciting opportunities to augment governance systems, but the pace and quality of experimentation will be suboptimal unless DAOs build governance on L2, thereby minimizing gas costs. Optimism is a prime candidate for enabling better governance for DAOs.

By participating in the governance of the Optimism Collective, I aim to be a steward of the mission to direct funding to public goods that benefit builders in the Ethereum and Optimism communities in furtherance of the three purposes I listed.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : We believe that incentives drive outcomes. Web3 projects have created more tangible incentives for actions and relationships that were previously difficult to quantify. Optimism’s view that impact=profit is an extension of our view that well-engineered, traceable incentives create optimal value for collective activities.

Ownership and rewards are the most reliable way to attract talented builders to address problems that affect the collective. While there are noble examples of altruists who create public goods, altruism is not reliably abundant, and it is most often an individual trait rather than a trait of teams. Web3 building requires focused teams, and ownership and rewards offer predictable incentives that can guide teams to increase the common good.

Optimism’s vision touches on a matter of necessity. Web3 needs communities that strive to create incentives to build public goods. There are many Web3 participants who seek to extract rents and game systems for profit to the detriment of the community. Optimism’s vision is a rallying point for capable builders to push against short-termism, thereby ensuring that over the long run, value will compound for the entire community.

Article 1: At Alliance, we emphasize that the greatest systems start simple. To create a rigid model of governance without the benefit of incremental feedback on specific governing rules is to govern in a vacuum. In my constant review of DAO governance systems, I see that the most successful communities adopt minimal procedural principles and adopt specific rules as specific needs arise.

I often speak with Alliance cohort companies of the importance of experimentation in improving governance throughout Web3. The results of the experiments need to be intelligible in order to provide appropriate feedback. If the results of governance experiments are documented and made broadly available, the record of the experiments are, themselves, public goods. Optimism and other DAOs can study each others’ governance trials to consider how prospective rules could affect their own communities.

As we learn more about how rules function with specific communities, we need to permit those communities to adapt to their reality and adopt the rules that best suit them. For that reason, it is important that the Constitution is focused on flexibility. We should only adopt enough order to initiate a worthwhile experiment, while limiting the potential downsides of path dependence.

By virtue of the commitment to experimentation, it follows that the Constitution should be transitory at inception. We may discover sound methods of governing that are unimaginable to us at the moment, which would make dogmatic reference to the original document unproductive. An example of governance innovations that had no application in the recent past is Optimism’s adoption of soulbound tokens for the Citizens House. We may discover incredible utility from using soulbound tokens that, had a governing document conflicted with the adoption of those tokens, would have stunted the development of the governance system.

The goal of creating a Bedrock Constitution is helpful: at some point governance history may require documentation of foundational rules. The Bedrock Constitution should incorporate the principle of flexibility and the capacity for amendment in order to sustain the spirit of innovation.

Article 2 : Basic token-weighted governance has not proven to work for collectives. I have studied DAOs that are purportedly flat in structure and repeatedly these DAOs show gulf in participation between a small number of repeat-participants and the mass of inactive participants. Without balance of power, a few actors grab power, which alienates most would-be contributors.

Optimism’s bicameral structure is a compelling way to balance short term needs with long term, stable decision making. Variants of the bicameral model worked for Rome (Senate / Tribunes), Sparta (ephors / gerousia) and for many constitutional structures in modern government.

It is too early to assess whether the specific reserved powers for the Citizens’ House and Token House will provide sufficient controls. Experimentation will provide feedback that will help inform which powers should be reserved to which house.

Article 3: I am very familiar with Cayman Foundation Companies, as I have researched the option for Alliance DAO and for other DAOs. I believe that structures like the Cayman Foundation, which permit significant flexibility in organizational design, are a stepping stone, but not an end state, in building successful DAOs.

If the Optimism Foundation faithfully administers the vision of progressive decentralization, it will have fulfilled a critical function for the Optimism ecosystem. As drafted (presumably in the Memorandum of Association), the Board’s powers present an additional dimension of separation of powers. The Foundation can have a stabilizing effect if the initial allocation of powers between the Citizens’ House and Token House is not perfectly balanced. Over time, it should be made clear what powers the Citizens’ House and Token House have relative to the Foundation and whether the Foundation will have the ultimate goal of sharing the power to amend the Constitution or ceding the power altogether.

My Web3 interests:
DAOs, Governance, Legal, Economics, Writing

Please choose from the ISO 639-1 list en

My skills and areas of expertise: I was trained as a corporate governance attorney. I left the practice of law to become an investment banker, then an investor, on my way to becoming an entrepreneur. Through my path, I gained a wide variety of organizational experience. Now, I focus my time both on DAO design and helping Web3 founders think through complex issues in tackling their product roadmaps at Alliance. I speak to founders of DAOs, protocols, and Web3 tools on a daily basis about the problems they face and I act as a thought partner to work with them to find long term solutions.

I have been an active participant in public policy and governance policy discussions. I testified to the Wyoming state legislature regarding amendments to their DAO LLC statute; I participate in DeFi Education Fund projects; I am part of the World Economic Forum DAO Working Group; and I participate regularly in conference panels on DAOs. I have a passion for governance design and am fortunate to have made it my daily work.

My favorite Web3 projects: Alliance DAO cohort companies and several others.

1 Like

Name : Mike / mjs

Address or ENS: mjs.eth

Discord username : mjs#4022

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tweet

I am one of the founders of Lyra - the first Optimism native project. To realise the Optimistic Vision, there must be effective collaboration between OP governance and the projects that call Optimism home.

Lyra has built a protocol, community and ecosystem on Optimism and has experienced the unique opportunities and the challenges of doing so in an Optimism native way.

By sharing these learnings, I can help make Optimism the best place to build a Web3 project.

The longer I spend in crypto, the more I realise it’s all about coordination. The Optimistic Vision is a bold attempt to redefine the way we coordinate that leverages the innate strengths of the internet.

One of the biggest advantages of internet software is that it can be freely replicated, making it a perfect public good. However, without a business model, we have been forced to undermine this strength with paywalls and a closed source mindset.

If retroactive public goods funding is successful, free and open-source software will be able to take centre stage as we build the next generation of the internet.

1. We’ve embraced iterative governance at Lyra and are strong believers in it. The important thing is to codify how the governance process itself can change (i.e. meta-governance) early on so that changes can be transparent and democratic.
  2. It’s imperative that we as a community move beyond coin voting, which suffers from being inherently plutocratic.
  3. I believe the Optimism Foundation is a necessary evil at this stage. While Lyra is strictly DAO first, we understand the scale of infrastructure projects like Optimism and the need for entities to exist in the beginning.

My Web3 interests: DAOs, DeFi, Economics, Governance, Infrastructure

Languages I speak and write: en

My skills and areas of expertise: TBA

My favorite Web3 projects: Lyra, Uniswap, Optimism

3 Likes

It seems I can’t update the original post. The original Tweet is deleted. I’ll share the new Twitter link here again. https://twitter.com/zengjiajun_eth/status/1524872009758302213

Name : Darwin

Address or ENS: 0xc540eb6c7B3e44Ef8A45dB3aD8618404bAEd88F6

Discord username : Alext#7094

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally ID: 42NOMY

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am 5 years in “crypto” - 2 years full time - Freedom, creation and power of the decentralization has kept me here . With Optimism I belive we can empower creators, praise freedom, value contribution, democratize and in all of this If can help even by a little to achive its North Star I will be satisfied.

My view on the Optimistic Vision : I believe Ethereum has crutial role in reshaping the future we live in. Using all L2’s optimism form its early beginings with SNX and after with several other Optimism dapps I can say by my personal experience its structural design and its proposed governance mechanism that has very good propositionto play significant role as railroad of WEB3 and Ethereum. The onepages outlining the Optimism Vision is realistic foundation for better future for common good.

1st. article - Very reasonable - start ,experiment, learn implement, adapt, and start again.
2nd. article: Bicameral governance system I belive is pragmatic check and balance approach aligning long term vision of Optimism network with short term incentives of the participants, lets see how it goes.
3rd. article. It is crutial to have Optimism Foundation activily steering the embarkment of the optimism “ship” towards the blue ocean, “carefully let the child grow”

My Web3 interests:
Choose ≤ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: “A, B, C”.

A Data and analytics
B Security
C DAO’s

en, de, ru, mk, srb, bg

My skills and areas of expertise: NGO sector, Executive MBA

My favorite Web3 projects: [optional]
Pocket Network, Kyber Network, Dfinity

1 Like

Name: Devon Zuegel

Address or ENS: devonzuegel.eth

Discord username: devon#4561

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https:// www.tally.xyz/voter/profile/YK8WK4

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes, I read and understand it

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes, I understand

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I find the underlying values of web3 and crypto incredibly compelling, especially as articulated by the people in the Optimism community, and I have been following crypto closely ever since the Ethereum whitepaper came out in 2014. It seems obvious that (a) trustless computation and (b) a public, trustless, immutable database are revolutionary primitives that will unlock amazing things we haven’t seen before.

And yet, I’m generally skeptical of most web3 so far, because the vast majority are self-referential; most excitement for crypto products is predicated on the appreciation of crypto itself, rather on something that people value independently from crypto. I’ve been following this space for 8 years, and I’ve yet to see an application that isn’t deeply “meta”. As cool as many of those are, what I really want to see is web3-style solutions tackling existing problems we have in the world. I think this is possible, but I just haven’t seen much of it yet.

So with all that, my interest in participating in Optimism is that I’d like to do my part to shepherd the community towards more of those concrete applications that will change the way people live and relate to each other. I’m optimistic we can make it happen. :slight_smile:

My view on the Optimistic Vision: It’s incredibly exciting to find a community that values public goods as much as I do, and understands that coordination problems are central to almost every major problem that humans have struggled most to solve.

I’m curious to see what concrete steps the Optimism community takes to actual solve these sorts of problems. It’s easy to point out that coordination problems are the source of many of our troubles, and it’s a different thing entirely to actually execute on novel solutions to solve those problems.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: I’m excited to be part of the evolution of this governance system, and that it’s intentionally designed to be flexible, responsive, and iterative. In the same spirit, if I’m elected as a delegate, I plan to start with a self-imposed term limit of 3 months. After that, I’ll reflect on whether I feel like I’m making a meaningful contribution to the ecosystem and decide whether I should continue being a delegate.

My Web3 interests: Economics, Infrastructure, Legal, Messaging, Music

Languages I speak and write: English (native), Spanish (fluent), German (elementary)

My skills and areas of expertise: economics, game theory, urban design, programming, product design, tools for thought

My favorite Web3 projects: The biggest exception to the skepticism I mentioned earlier that I’ve seen so far is Audius: https ://twitter.com/devonzuegel/status/1463359239699763208

9 Likes

Name: Jacob

Address or ENS: jacob.willemsma.eth

Discord username: Jacobw#1996

Verification: Tally | 49Z8L4

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes :white_check_mark:

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes :white_check_mark:

I believe that Optimism is good for Ethereum and am a strong believer in the use of L2 networks to further democratize access to the ideals provided by Ethereum.

Additionally, I’ve contributed to Public Goods personally with my time and talents at ETHGlobal, which was a fortunate recipient in Optimism’s first retroactive grants round and have a first-hand understanding of operating a Public Good.

I’m thrilled to see that Optimism embraces both Ethereum and Public Goods with open arms and is building out its Optimistic vision around these topics. As both topics are the focus of my time and energy, I’d be honoured to participate in this process as a delegate.

I love the axiom of impact=profit and have seen ETHGlobal grow from a small team running a couple of events to dozens of yearly events and a team of nearly 15. There’s an incredible positive feedback cycle I’ve observed between either side of the equality—impact increases profit, and profit can be reinvested to produce additional impact.

It’s very easy to be (and remain) pessimistic about the future but optimism is the currency of progress. I believe the vision laid out by Optimism will play a part in creating a better future for humanity.

1. In the USA over the last month or so, regardless of position on the issue, we’ve seen the instability that can be caused by an immutable constitution. Web3 + Ethereum is still in its infancy and it seems only natural to me that we should adopt a commitment to flexibility and experimentation. I look forward to building a more long-term constitution from the learnings over a long period.
  2. I’m excited to see how this model will play out and adapt over time. Checks and balances are fundamental to ensure a calibrated system.
  3. I think the Optimism Foundation should look to the Ethereum Foundation as an example of how to be a great steward like this. I believe it’s necessary for any community to start with an initial strong vision and leadership, as the Collective will grow, naturally, leaders in specific topics of the ecosystem will emerge, leading to a more decentralized, constantly growing, Collective.

My Web3 interests:
Accessibility, Identity, Governance, Social impact, Events

en, fr

Thoughtful communication, organization, software development, business development, management.

MakerDAO, IPFS, ENS

4 Likes

Name : Nick Tong (Perpetual Protocol Foundation Team)

Address or ENS : tongnk.eth

Discord username : tongnk#3282

Verification : Tweet

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process : :white_check_mark:

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment : :white_check_mark:

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate :
Hi all, I’m Nick from Perpetual Protocol foundation team. We’re a decentralised derivates exchange and one of the leading protocols that currently operates on Optimism. We’re a big believer in composability and have been actively bringing partner projects over to deploy on OP. Having committed to making OP our home, we’d love to be an $OP delegate to help shape the future of Optimism.

Completely agree that we need to create a space that is owned by its citizens rather than a select few. The focus on composability excites us on the future of the space and it’s something we can’t wait to see play out

1. This is a working constitution : Agree. This is a very similar approach that we take at Perp as we believe in the need to continually learn and improve.
  2. OP Citizens and OP Holders will equally coexist within the Collective : Agree on this view. It’s extremely important that we place emphasis on the balance - too often projects skew either side.
  3. The Optimism Foundation will be a steward of the Optimism Collective and its early governance model : We understand that there needs to be some entity to start with to help facilitate governance and push things forward. Given there isn’t a strong blueprint for the best way to decentralise (without trading off speed of execution) the plan to gradually decentralise makes the most sense

My Web3 interests :
Defi, DAOs, Governance

Languages I speak and write :
I speak English however there are members of the team that speak Chinese as well

My favorite Web3 projects : Big fan of Ribbon and Frax

5 Likes

Name: StableNode

Address or ENS: stablenodegov.eth

Discord username: bobby#4885

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tweet

We have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes

We understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes

Our reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

StableNode is a governance research and investment firm focused on the DeFi and NFT space. StableNode also provides a full suite of services around governance with both implementation and active participation as a delegate.

The Governance Lab of the StableNode team is on a mission to provide decentralized governance best practices to ecosystems. There is no one-size-fits-all solution but a framework of principles and tools that articulate alternative paths based on each ecosystem’s maturity level. Our primary focus is working with the community to develop this framework and continue to facilitate innovation within this domain.

Our view on the Optimistic Vision:

At StableNode, we believe that public funding is essential to developing a non-financial-driven web3. We believe that the focus should be on encouraging developers to take a different approach to web3 and focus more on public goods where a lot of development is made. Even though public goods are necessary to the space, there is a lack of funding, making it a less attractive role for developers.

Initially, the blockchain space was born out of a need to change the current financial and political standards that we have. The Optimistic vision details a necessary future and sets a new standard for public funding that is sustainable and will encourage new developers to focus on this field while not sacrificing the financial gain they would gain elsewhere.

Our view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

1. This is a “Working” Constitution.

Currently, we are in the exploration stage of governance, and it is refreshing to see a protocol acknowledge this and encourage continuous experimentation throughout the next few years.

Decentralized governance is relatively a new field within Web3. It is an important topic that we need to continue working on. Many problems such as voting mechanisms, delegate incentives, and plutocracy need to be tackled. We believe that the best way to succeed is to practically try new governance methods in protocols and understand what is successful or detrimental to a protocols governance framework. The theory is essential, but it can only get you so far. We are excited to be a delegate for a protocol that prioritizes experimentation.

1. OP Citizens and OP Holders will equally coexist within the Collective.

This experimentation hopes to tackle problems such as misaligned incentives through token holders or plutocracy. Such issues are prominent in the space and allow token holders to prioritize their financial gains over long-term improvement. With the citizen house maintaining control over the retroactive public funding it realigns incentives in a more fruitful manner.

Those individuals from the token house might be against public funding as this means reduced financial gains for themselves, but those from the citizen house who have no financial incentives for OP would want to see the space move forward and see those actors developing public goods be compensated fairly.

1. The Optimism Foundation will be a steward of the Optimism Collective and its early governance model.

We favor the foundation initially leading the governance front while the framework and structure of the OP governance are being built. With token holders and delegates initially not having a financial incentive to contribute, it is most likely that progress would be slower without a foundation. Over time as the structure and framework are built, as mentioned in the working collective, it would be expected that the foundation would slowly release the responsibilities to the DAO.

Our Web3 interests:

DAOs, Data and analytics, DeFi, Governance, Social impact

As a team, we speak the following languages:

en, ko, da, de, es, zh

Our skills and areas of expertise: Governance and Growth

We are currently delegates at Element Finance, InstadApp, MakerDAO, and others.

What voters can expect from StableNode:

We will use our expertise to import the most promising practices within governance to guide Optimism governance to a more sustainable approach.

We want to help facilitate discussions where we can identify the best practices and recognize how to tackle core problems within governance such as plutocracy, voter apathy, and lack of experimentation.

As delegates, we pursue:

• Active participation in votes
  • Transparency for each vote
  • Open discussion and contribution to the DAO forum
  • Contribute to the innovation and development of governance frameworks

Conflicts of Interest

StableNode acts as delegates on other protocols. All of our governance participation is public.

4 Likes

姓名 :datangxinyu

**地址或 ENS:**17777.eth

不和谐用户名 :datangxinyu#3571

验证 (Tally 个人资料或推文):https://twitter.com/Angelin42083595/status/1529425153163030528

**我已阅读并理解代表承诺流程:**yes

**我了解成为代表是一项重大承诺:**yes

**我想成为代表的原因:**I have been using the Ethernet chain, the L2 also have a good understanding, are very optimistic about the OP of the future, the hope can pass my knowledge to better for everyone services.

我对 乐观愿景的看法 :I very much agree with Optimism vision, I believe it will in the next few years the world have a significant impact.

我对《 工作章程》 前三条的 看法:It represents about web3 governance refreshingly Frank viewpoint–we do not expect that right from the start, but with an open mind start a journey, prepare for the test。

**我的 Web3 兴趣:**defi dao
从以下集合中选择 ≤ 5 个。将它们列为逗号分隔值作为您的答案,例如:“A、B、C”。

可访问性、DAO、数据和分析、DeFi、开发工具、经济学、事件、环境、游戏、治理、身份、基础设施、法律、消息传递、音乐、NFT、预言机、隐私、安全、社会影响、视觉艺术、钱包、写作

**我说和写的语言:**ch en
请从ISO 639-1中选择 列表

我的技能和专业领域: [可选]web3

我最喜欢的 Web3 项目: [可选]ens,
列表≤3个项目

Thank you to everyone who’s signed up so far to participate in Optimism Governance as a Token House delegate! We’re excited to work with you to build the future of the OP Collective.

A few administrative notes:

1. The image associated with your ENS address will be used alongside your signup response on the Optimism website at claim time. If you want to have a non-default image, go update your ENS avatar. Instructions to do so are here.

2. We’ve updated the list of “interests” with a few new options due to popular demand. You are welcome to revisit the list and update the interests you included in your sign-up response!

3. This post marks the cutoff for delegate signups that will appear on the Optimism website when OP is available to claim. Delegate signups will always remain open, and tokenholders will be able to delegate or re-delegate their voting power to any valid address at any time. The signup process outlined on this thread is designed to make it easy for people claiming OP in Airdrop #1 to select a delegate who can represent their interests. Signups posted after this message will not be shown as part of the claim website, although they are still valid delegate signups. If you missed this cutoff, don’t worry — this is only the first airdrop, and we expect delegation and Token House governance to go through many iterations.

For questions or feedback, chime in on the Delegation Questions and Feedback thread.

4 Likes

Please Extend the cutoff dates for delegate signups to another day or two since the OP Phase 0 has also been extended to May 27th.

I know of a few more delegates that are preparing their signups as we speak; they are putting alot of thought into them.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hey Bobby, there wasn’t any heads up as to the cut off time so perhaps it would be appropriate to allow another 24hrs of submissions if that’s not too much to ask?

2 Likes

Name : Synthetix Ambassador Council

Address or ENS: OPsnxambassadors.eth (0x406b607644c5D7BfDA95963201E45A4c6AB1c159)

Discord username : mastermojo83#4197, MiLLiΞ#6969, Matt | Synthetix#2166

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): https://twitter.com/snxambassadors/status/1529855397141544961

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: As Synthetix ambassadors we feel that we are well equipped to contribute to the improvement and maintenance of Optimism via governance and represent the Synthetix ecosystem in the Optimism ecosystem as well.

The SNX Ambassadors play the role of governance participation on behalf of our community for many protocols and Optimism governance would be yet another key place for us to be active in.

My view on the [Optimistic Vision ]:

• The OP collective will be a new path for governance in Cyberspace, and the physical world.
  • Ownership and rewards are the most reliable way to attract the best builders to address problems that affect the collective
  • Web3 needs groups that want to create incentives to build public goods; OP vision is a rallying point for builders to push against short termism. This will ensure value will compound for the long run.

1. This is a “working” constitution:
  • We live in constant change, and this transitory document needs to reflect our human behavior/lifestyle to be fluid until we create our “bedrock” framework.
  • Innovation is needed for blockchain governance
  1. OP Citizens and OP Holders will equally coexist within the Collective:
  • Short-term incentives and long term visions must be aligned; we are excited about the experimentation between OP Governance and OP citizenship.
  • Variants of the bicameral model worked for Sparta, and has alot of potential on what OP is proposing
  1. The Optimism Foundation will be a steward of the Optimism Collective and its early governance model:
  • We believe in progressive decentralization and welcome the OP Foundation as early leaders in the OP Collectives governance model.

My Web3 interests:

DAOs, Governance, Legal, Economics

Languages I speak and write: English

My skills and areas of expertise: The Synthetix Ambassador Council is comprised of three members who are signers on the snxambassador.eth multi-sig and we oversee governance for many ecosystem protocols. We are currently active Delegates for several DeFi projects and have experience in submitting and deploying governance proposals and staying up to date on broader governance matters. We also have access to resources with in the Synthetix DAO for purposes of protocol integrations.

Our current signers, who’s twitter handles can be found on @snxambassadors profile bio, are made up of a combination of SNX Core Contributors and long time active Community members who are well versed in the operation of Synthetix and other DeFi/NFT projects.
We have a diverse set of skills that include Protocol/Governance analysis, user acquisition strategies, varying degrees of DeFi integrations, general marketing/communication skills and a wide range of other abilities in web3 and DeFi alike.

Ethereum, Optimism, Synthetix

8 Likes