Delegate Commitments [OLD]

Name : Lefteris Karapetsas

Address or ENS: lefteris.eth

Discord username : lefterisjp | Rotki#7253

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Tally | Y66G8Y

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yes

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I have considerable experience on DAO governance, being an active delegate in 2 of the biggest DAOs (gitcoin and ENS) and I want to use that to help the Collective towards its goals of proving that public goods can be be profitable and something more people should work on. Not everyone needs to work on a VC-funded for-profit soul-crashing startup that gives nothing back to the world.

My view on the Optimistic Vision: In short I dig it. The main thing that pushed me to get actively involved in Gitcoin DAO was the goal of funding public goods. Only for my specific case public goods is the much more specific and hard case of opensource software. The idea of finding ways to make opensource software sustainable by providing incentives to those who build them is something that excites me and fills me with purpose.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution: I find them logical. (1) Makes sense. Things will evolve. (2) Intrigued to see how the bicameral governance of checks and balances will end up working out. (3) For the 3rd article and the foundation, I wonder if the DAO gets any say on the operations of the foundation, like who sits in the board etc.?

My Web3 interests: Privacy, Data and analytics, DeFi, Infrastructure, Economics

Languages I speak and write: en, el, pl, de, ja

My skills and areas of expertise: Software development, opensource, software architecture, managements, governance and ehm โ€ฆ photography? :smiley:

My favorite Web3 projects: rotki, trueblocks, erigon

12 Likes