[READY TO VOTE] Delegation Quest SDK Mission Request

*This proposal has been posted on behalf of RabbitHole.

Delegate Mission Request Summary

This initiative aims to continue the development of open-source infrastructure for the Optimism Collective towards strategically enabling the governance-related incentives to achieve objectives of: increasing OP votable supply, increasing active OP delegations, and rewarding beneficial delegate behavior (including participation and involvement).

S5 Intent Please list the Intent your Request aligns with here:

Proposing Delegate:

• Rabbithole

Proposal Tier:

Baseline grant amount:

• 200,000 OP

Should this Foundation Mission be fulfilled by one or multiple applicants:
Multiple

Submit by: To be set by Grants Council

Selection by: To be set by Grants Council

Start date: ASAP

Completion date: 8/31/2024

If applicable. Please note Missions must be completed within 12 months (i.e. marked as done).

Specification

How will this Delegate Mission Request help accomplish the above Intent?

The requested mission seeks to create an open-source infrastructure tailored for governance purposes, aimed at facilitating governance-related incentives. Its central role is to foster the growth and development of the Optimism Collective. Moreover, it is intended to build upon previous Optimism delegation research to lay a robust groundwork for governance incentives, particularly to enhance the expansion of the Token House.

The mission will pave the way for innovative governance experiments, educational initiatives, and possibly even a new range of governance-centric products and services, all developed utilizing the open-source infrastructure. In deploying this open source SDK, we believe that we can make a large impact in a rather unexplored area of governance incentives, and hopefully pave the way for others to build and iterate upon governance design expirementations/iterations implementations in a permissionless, decentralized environment.

Please explain alignment with the relevant Intent

The mission proposal is strategically aligned with Intent #4: Enhance Governance Accessibility. Its fundamental objective revolves around the provision of specialized tooling and infrastructure designed to implement incentives, with a clear goal of expanding the votable supply of OP.

Furthermore, the open-source nature of the SDK underpins this mission’s objective to motivate developers to engage with these tools for executing various controlled governance experiments. By concurrently supporting governance incentives and tool development, we are confident that this mission will significantly influence governance contributors, researchers, and the evolution of future tooling. This initiative is anticipated to have a direct and meaningful impact on the ease of governance participation on the OP mainnet.

What is required to execute this Delegate Mission Request?

• Development
    • Plug-ins
    • Frontend
  • Campaign Planning
    • Partnerships and Marketing Coordination
    • Promotion of Quests and DAO
    • Quest Design and Coordination
  • Delegation Campaign
    • Quest Operations
    • Promotion
  • Campaign Analysis and Retrospective

Please list responsibilities and/or expected deliverables

• Deliverable 1: Open Source quest plugins with built-in governance incentivization enabled (i.e. Agora Quests). Anybody will have the ability to deploy a frontend to support governance-based quests on OP Mainnet, add support of governance-based quests to their existing frontend, or deploy quests.

Plug-in development includes:

• Allowlist capabilities enabling supporting delegation to one-of-many delegate addresses (rather than just one target address)
    • Vote Plug-in Action Type

Frontend development includes:

• Creation of a quest or incentive gateway for users.
  • Deliverable 2: One month of concurrent campaigns comprising:

• Governance quest rollout which includes incentives for:
      • Delegates
        • Customizable quest parameters enable quests incentivizing further governance power distribution (ie incentivize delegator diversity)
      • Delegators
        • New/Existing
      • Historically Active Governance Participants
    • Campaign Examples:
      • New Delegations Campaign: Target new delegators to delegate OP.
      • Claimer Delegation Campaign: Target all OP incentive claimants to delegate to delegates.
      • Re-Delegation Campaign: Target current delegators to inactive delegates to re-delegate to Active Delegates.
    • Collaborative co-marketing events in which ecosystem stakeholders and protocols can educate the broader ecosystem on delegation, funneling new delegates → incentives:
      • Twitter spaces
  • Deliverable 3: Data and analytics, including a project-specific Dune Dashboard.

How should the Token House measure progress towards this Mission?

• Quest contracts deployed: n/n
  • Quest governance parameters enabled: n/n
  • Collaborative governance marketing event announced: 1/1
  • OP quest incentives deployed: n/n
  • OP delegated via quests: n/n

How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?

• Quest creators: quest contract deployments.
  • Quest completions: claims from contracts.
  • Delegators: number of delegators sourced via quests.
  • Delegated OP: cumulative number of OP delegated via quests.
  • Quest incentive RoI: increase in governance metrics as a ratio of costs to incentivize.

Have you engaged a Grant-as-a-service provider for this Mission Request?
No.

Has anyone other than the Proposing Delegate contributed to this Mission Request?
StableLab

5 Likes

It seems to me a very good proposal. Let me understand something, is this mission to be executed by StableLabs and RabbitHole?

1 Like

Hi @tnorm! This looks like a Mission Application, not a Mission Request, to me. See further clarification here.

1 Like

Mission Requests specify work to be done, not who will do it.

Hi @tnorm, this looks like an application for this type of mission:

you will be able to apply on Feb 1st.

2 Likes

Ah got it! Fixed this, apologies. Adjusted this to make it a Mission Request (hopefully)! Think it would be great to see how this objective as a mission request is prioritized by the community.

5 Likes

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

Note: For disclosure, I am an employee at Rabbithole

2 Likes

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Great to see your support of this Mission! Just want to clarify that your approval will not count as one of the 4 required as you are listed as having contributed to the Request.

2 Likes

1 Like

Hey @tnorm your proposal has 4 approvals so I changed the Title from “Draf” to “Ready to Vote”, but you still have a 2nd title inside the proposal do you mind removing it to avoid confusion? congrats on your approvals!

1 Like

All good now? Thanks!

1 Like

Missed Lavande’s comment this is missing 1 approval to go to the Token House vote. Back to “Draft”

Dang, okay that’s why I tried to clarify we were all good above. So we have two days to get this confirmed now?

Can you confirm the amounts of delegates we need to get to comment in the next 48 hours? Two more?

I think only one more is required.

Not considering @Matt_StableLab, Mission Request has got three approvals.

1 Like

Just wanted to clarify: @raho is also a part of Rabbithole, who is a contributor of this proposal, thus this request needs two more approvals to move to a vote?

We are an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

I am a delegate outside of RabbitHole, and have posted necessary disclosures as is procedure, in the spirit of transparency. I am personally a top 100 delegate, as is Rabbithole. As I have not contributed to the request, I am approving this on behalf of myself.

1 Like

Understood, thanks for your clarification. This proposal seems ready for a vote!

1 Like

@lavande @Gonna.eth I think we are ready to vote!

3 Likes