[READY TO VOTE] Builders grants program mission request

Delegate Mission Request Summary:
This mission request will allow the builders grants program that was run in previous seasons to continue in S5. This Mission Request focuses on continuing the builder’s grants process, as in seasons 3 and 4, to foster builder growth on OP Mainnet.

S5 Intent:
Aligned with Intent #2: Grow the Superchain

Proposing Delegate: Gonna.eth

Proposal Tier:
Ember

Baseline grant amount:
1.500.000 OP (50k OP Each)

Should this Foundation Mission be fulfilled by one or multiple applicants:
Multiple

Submit by:
To be set by Grants Council

Selection by:
To be set by Grants Council

Start date:
February 1st 2024

Completion date:
May 8th 2024

Specification:

How will this Delegate Mission Request help accomplish the above Intent?
This request aims to advance builder growth and enhance the Superchain’s ecosystem by providing grants to projects deploying on OP Mainnet. The focus is on supporting initiatives that foster builder experience, tools, and applications within this domain.

What is required to execute this Delegate Mission Request?:

• Detailed proposals outlining initiatives to attract builders to Optimism must be submitted.
  • Applicant projects should align with the goal of growing the Superchain’s builders base, specifically on OP Mainnet.
  • Grant recipients will be accountable for executing proposed projects and delivering outlined milestones within the specified timeframe.

How should the Token House measure progress towards this Mission?

• Submission of comprehensive project plans requesting a grant for the grants council to review.
  • Achieving project milestones as per the proposed timelines.
  • Updates to the Grants Council on project progression at the end (12 months).

How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?

• Quantifiable increase in active builders deploying on OP Mainnet within the Superchain.
  • Enhancement in developer tools or experiences resulting from the funded projects.
  • Metrics showcasing the increased engagement and adoption of applications developed through these grants.

Have you engaged a Grant-as-a-service provider for this Mission Request?
No external service provider was engaged for this Mission Request.

Has anyone other than the Proposing Delegate contributed to this Mission Request?
No.

23 Likes

I am one of the Synthetix Ambassadors, and a Optimism Badgeholder. I am an Optimism delegate [Delegate Commitments - #65 by mastermojo ] with sufficient voting power, and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

4 Likes

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

3 Likes

I am a delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

3 Likes

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

3 Likes

I am an Optimism delegate [Agora - OP Voter] with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

1 Like

The Grants Council has opened early submissions as an Indication of Interest for this mission request here

For your application to be considered, the Mission request must pass the Token House vote on February 14th. Early submissions will not be considered if a Mission Request is not approved on the 14th.

Hi, I am currently applying for this MR, however, there seems to be a glitch in the setting of the application form.

In the milestone section, each milestone is required to have a “token” field, but the token field is not editable. This prevents us from saving any milestones. I have instead added the milestones to the question “Describe in discrete steps your plan for accomplishing your project” in my application.

Looking at older submissions of this MR, it seems they do not have the token field specified in each milestone. My guess is that someone recently added the requirement of the token field, but forgot to make it editable.

Please advise what would be the best way to solve this. Thank you!

cc. @Gonna.eth

GM @Guo! Thanks for your report. The Grants Council is on charge of the application process and selection, the faster way to contact them is on Discord in the channel called #mission-grants within the Governance Category. Have a nice day!

Thank you for your quick response @brichis! I have asked in Discord, waiting for a reply.

Hi OP team,

I try to create a proposals but cannot choose template, that show no available template for this category.

Submissions are closed. You can apply again on March 14th.

1 Like

Thanks @Gonna.eth ,

I submitted for Round 2 :pray: