An Interactive governance game which makes understanding governance simple and fun for newbies, thus increasing accessibility of governance to new set of learners
S5 Intent: Intent 4: Improve governance accessibility
Proposing Delegate: DAOStewards
Proposal Tier: Fledgling Tier
Baseline grant amount: 49,000 OP
Should this Foundation Mission be fulfilled by one or multiple applicants: multiple
Submit by: To be set by Grants Council
Selection by: To be set by Grants Council
Start date: Asap
Completion date: 30/09/2024
How will this Delegate Mission Request help accomplish the above Intent?
The mission proposes making an interactive game that teaches governance concepts and practices of Optimism DAO to newbies. It aligns with intent 4 by:
- Simulating various facets of OP Governance as modular lessons and practice sessions.
- Educating users about Optimism DAO’s vision, values, and objectives in progressive difficulty
- Showcasing Optimism DAO’s achievements, challenges, and opportunities in design and data integration.
- Fostering community, collaboration, and fun in gamification and interaction elements.
Please explain alignment with the relevant Intent
There are over a billion gamers, but less than a 100k governors in the legacy world. Duolingo is one of the largest community of gamification incentivized learners that web2 has produced. If games are designed well, the natural drive of humans to participate in playing games can be moulded into productive outcomes. This mission channels the natural drive of many humans to play online games and steers this drive into a productive use case for the Optimism DAO. Even if 1% of the current gamers try this app, we will be able to reach a large diverse global audience who is usually online and internet native to participate in the collective.
What is required to execute this Delegate Mission Request?
- Conduct research on the target audience, their needs, preferences, and motivations for learning about governance.
- Develop a curriculum and learning objectives for each module, ensuring alignment with the Optimism DAO’s vision, values, and goals.
- Create engaging and interactive content for each lesson, using multimedia elements such as audio, video, animations, and graphics.
- Implement gamification elements such as points, levels, badges, leaderboards, and rewards to enhance user engagement and retention.
- Design and test practice sessions that simulate governance scenarios which were previously encountered by the Optimism Governance, providing feedback and guidance to users.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and impact of the game, using metrics such as user satisfaction, completion rates, learning outcomes, and behaviour change.
responsibilities and/or expected deliverables
- A web or mobile app with gamification elements such as points, levels, badges, leaderboards, and rewards
- Develop a user interface that is intuitive, user-friendly, and accessible, following the best practices of UX design.
- The app must include practice sessions that simulate governance scenarios which were previously encountered by the Optimism Governance
- Establish a connection between the game and the actual governance processes within the Optimism ecosystem, allowing users to apply their learned skills and knowledge directly to the Optimism DAO.
How should the Token House measure progress towards this Mission?
Measures of progress:
- The number and completion rate of users who enroll in and finish the game, which can indicate the level of interest and engagement in learning about governance.
- The average score and feedback of users who complete the game, which can reflect the level of satisfaction and learning outcomes of the game.
- The number and quality of governance proposals or sandbox experiments that are created by users who complete the game, which can demonstrate the level of application and transfer of learned skills and knowledge.
- The number and diversity of users who join the Optimism DAO and participate in the Token House after completing the game, which can show the level of impact and influence of the game on the Optimism ecosystem.
Expected completion dates:
- Enrolling 10,000 users by the end of the year
- The game should attract at least 100 users to join the Optimism DAO and participate in the Token House by the end of December 2024.
How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?
- The number of users who complete the game and the average completion time.
- The user satisfaction and feedback ratings on the game’s content, design, and usability.
- The improvement in user knowledge and confidence on governance concepts, as measured by pre- and post-game quizzes or surveys.
- The number of users who participate in actual governance proposals or sandbox environments within the Optimism ecosystem after playing the game.
- The quality and impact of the proposals or sandbox projects that the users create or contribute to, as evaluated by the Citizens’ House badgeholders.
Have you engaged a Grant-as-a-service provider for this Mission Request?
DAOStewards helps groups inside BanklessDAO with their grant applications. This service is not offered to any individual or group outside the DAO.
Has anyone other than the Proposing Delegate contributed to this Mission Request?
The details of the game and including implementation strategy have been kept vague on purpose to allow builders to express their full creativity while designing this game.