[READY TO VOTE] Growth and experiments grants program mission request

Delegate Mission Request Summary:
This mission request will allow the growth experiments grants program that was run in previous seasons to continue in S5. This Mission Request is dedicated to funding experiments and initiatives aimed at drawing more users to OP Mainnet, aligning with Intent #2: Grow the Superchain.

S5 Intent:
Aligned with Intent #2: Grow the Superchain

Proposing Delegate: Gonna.eth

Proposal Tier:
Ember

Baseline grant amount:
1.500.000 OP (150k OP each)

Should this Foundation Mission be fulfilled by one or multiple applicants:
Multiple

Submit by:
To be set by Grants Council

Selection by:
To be set by Grants Council

Start date:
February 1st 2024

Completion date:
May 8th 2024

Specification:

How will this Delegate Mission Request help accomplish the above Intent?
This request aims to catalyze user growth and engagement on Optimism by supporting experimental initiatives designed to draw more users onto the platform. The focus is on fostering adoption and activity across the Superchain.

What is required to execute this Delegate Mission Request?:

• Detailed proposals outlining experimental initiatives to attract users to Optimism must be submitted.
  • Projects should align with the Growth Experiments Sub-Committee’s goal of maximizing user interaction within the Superchain.
  • Grant recipients will be responsible for executing proposed experiments and delivering outlined milestones within the specified timeframe.

How should the Token House measure progress towards this Mission?

• Submission of comprehensive experimental plans within 6 month of grant allocation.
  • Execution and completion of experimental milestones as per proposed timelines.
  • Regular updates to the Grants Council on experimental progression on every milestone completed, highlighting user engagement metrics.

How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?

• Quantifiable increase in user activity and adoption of Optimism platforms as a result of the funded experiments.
  • Enhancement in user experiences or engagement derived from the experimental initiatives.
  • Metrics demonstrating increased user interaction and retention on Optimism.

Have you engaged a Grant-as-a-service provider for this Mission Request?
No external service provider was engaged for this Mission Request.

Has anyone other than the Proposing Delegate contributed to this Mission Request?
No.

22 Likes

I am one of the Synthetix Ambassadors, and a Optimism Badgeholder. I am an Optimism Delegate [Delegate Commitments - #65 by mastermojo ] with sufficient voting power, and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

2 Likes

We are an Optimism Delegate with sufficient voting power, and believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

1 Like

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

1 Like

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

1 Like

1 Like

As an optimism delegate with sufficient voting weight I think this proposal is ready for voting.

2 Likes

The Grants Council has opened early submissions as an Indication of Interest for this mission request here

For your application to be considered, the Mission request must pass the Token House vote on February 14th. Early submissions will not be considered if a Mission Request is not approved on the 14th.

1 Like

My level is Ember. Can I only apply for 50k OP? I saw in the proposal details that I can fill in more than 150k OP? Can you answer this for me? Thanks

1 Like

On Season 5 all mission request applications are subject to the Collective Trust Tiers. So yes, if you are Ember the 50k limit applies.

1 Like

Thank you. Do all the proposals add up to get 50k?

1 Like

No, you can request up to 250k OP but you need to have the Collective Tier that enables you to do so. If you don’t the limit is 50K

1 Like

Excited about this proposal! We are an indie game studio considering the idea of introducing our game into the Optimism ecosystem, and we would like to gauge your interest.

In the past, we have successfully developed a fully on-chain PvP roguelike game called Mississippi. Players will explore randomly dropped treasure boxes in a massive cave and battle with each other to plunder treasures. We have conducted multiple playtests with the participation of hundreds of players, you may play the game here: https://0xmssp.xyz

We hope to apply for the grant to develop further features, explore innovative approaches like ERC-404 to enhance the liquidity of in-game NFT assets, and do marketing to engage more users.

While it may seem that the Optimism ecosystem may not have a significant presence in the gaming sector (please correct me if I’m mistaken), we firmly believe that gaming has immense potential, beyond finance, to bring in users and funds as a Web3 application. We wanted to share our thoughts here and welcome any feedback or insights from the community.

1 Like

Thank you for your patient answer, tradao.xyz will submit the application.I hope more people can use OP.

1 Like

3 Likes

This rules!!! Building out the Superchain is the kind of thing that helps every project everywhere, even if they’re not on Optimism nor even using EVM. LFG!

1 Like

@blockblanc @garyshengedgecity @APACDAO Just flagging this opportunity for you. Please read the mission goals as outlined in the first post on this thread and look at this example as an application submission.

I believe your work in Europe, Asia and around the world as a pop up city can help accomplish this mission. Happy to support with the application and submit as an alliance it for you if you don’t meet the trust tier requirements.

Sample application:

6 Likes

GM @marktanft This is the Growth and experiments opportunity, it’s a good fit for the YGG questing programs that engage and acquire users with gaming partners.

This is the application link: CharmVerse - the all-in-one web3 space

Happy to jam on this with you.

3 Likes

Checking the fields in the application link now. May have some qs or submit this in draft form, if that works? Thanks for the link!

Update: Submitted this earlier.

2 Likes

GM @lavande @Gonna.eth - can a project apply to both growth and builder grants?

1 Like