Develop a comprehensive index evaluating the accessibility of governance structures, similar to how credit ratings agencies assess financial health.
S5 Intent: Intent 4: Improve governance accessibility
Proposing Delegate: DAOStewards
Proposal Tier: Fledgling Tier
Baseline grant amount: 20,000 OP
Should this Foundation Mission be fulfilled by one or multiple applicants: up to 3
Submit by: To be set by Grants Council
Selection by: To be set by Grants Council
Start date: Asap
Completion date: 30/04/2024
How will this Delegate Mission Request help accomplish the above Intent?
This Request will help accomplish Intent 4 by developing a comprehensive index that evaluates the accessibility of governance resources, process and structures. The development of this methodology can be inspired by how credit ratings agencies assess financial health. By creating such an index, it will be easier to identify areas where governance can be improved and thus make it more accessible to a wider audience. The index will be designed to be easily understood by a diverse group of people, easily updated as governance structures change, and easily accessible to everyone.
Such an index will also assist the general crypto ecosystem to measure its relative governance accessibility as compared to optimism and could possibly encourage DAOs to improve themselves on this general arc.
Please explain alignment with the relevant Intent
By providing a quantitative metric for governance accessibility the collective can objectively track and measure progress towards making governance structures more accessible to everyone.
What is required to execute this Delegate Mission Request?
- Assess various facets of Optimism governance including but not limited to documentation, processes and structures.
- Develop a comprehensive index that evaluates the accessibility of each facet and its impact on governance in general and specifically on delegation and voting supply
- Ensure that the index is designed to be easily understood by a diverse group of people.
- Ensure that the index is designed to be easily updated as governance structures change.
- Ensure that the index is designed to be easily accessible to everyone.
responsibilities and/or expected deliverables
- A report outlining a comprehensive index that evaluates the accessibility of each facet of Optimism governance and its impact on governance in general and specifically on delegation and voting supply.
- The index should be designed to be easily understood by a diverse group of people, easily updated as governance structures change, and easily accessible to everyone.
- The report must also explain the methodologies used in the analysis and how the conclusions were drawn
How should the Token House measure progress towards this Mission?
- Publish a report underlining the methodology and steps used to create the accessibility index
- Rate different facets of optimism governance and provide specific improvement suggestions
How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?
- Quantitative Improvement in Governance Accessibility as measured by the index
- Positive feedback in the form of NPS or other equivalent metric on Optimism Governance
Have you engaged a Grant-as-a-service provider for this Mission Request?
DAOStewards helps groups inside BanklessDAO with their grant applications. This service is not offered to any individual or group outside the DAO.
Has anyone other than the Proposing Delegate contributed to this Mission Request?