Delegate Mission Request Summary:
This mission requests the construction of an AI-powered assistant to generate guidance and digested information about the Optimism Collective for interested individuals.
S5 Intent: 4 Governance accessibility
Proposing Delegate: SEED Latam delegation team
Proposal Tier: Ember Tier
Baseline grant amount: 8,000 OP
Should this Foundation Mission be fulfilled by one or multiple applicants: Up to 2
Submit by: To be set by Grants Council
Selection by: To be set by Grants Council
Start date: ASAP
Completion date: Likely to be in 4 months
How will this Delegate Mission Request help accomplish the above Intent?
Keeping up-to-date with the complexity, speed, and variety of topics covered in governance can be a daunting task, causing both current and potential interested persons and entities to delay their full involvement while they try to grasp the context. To attract more interested parties to participate in the discussions and opportunities that governance provides for the future of Optimism, and to combat voter apathy, AI tools can be used to simplify the interested party’s experience and speed up their response to extensive information.
So, in order to facilitate knowledge sharing and discussion on Optimism Collective’s forum, we propose building an experimental product that provides guidance, digested information, and updates on the governance & forum’s structure, processes, and latest news. This product will be aimed at individuals interested in governance and two key features should be built: a chatbot and a summarizer.
- Chatbot: such as GPTs, this AI-powered assistant uses information from the forum and key documentation on Github to answer questions in a chat format. It should be updated regularly to stay current with governance.
- Summarizer: A feed of AI-generated summaries for key governance topics, including updates, announcements, proposals and more.
What is required to execute this Delegate Mission Request?
We are looking to invite teams who are enthusiastic and have the following background:
- Experience and knowledge of Optimism governance, ability to be extremely rigorous with quality control
- Deep understanding of GPTs and how to build them
- Experience building a clean user interface
Additionally, the following deliverables should be taken into account:
- General design: This includes the design of products, data flow, and UX/UI with user flows. This is conceived as an external product.
- Development of the AI engine: Whether based on OpenAI or any other platform, it should be adapted to the data sources available for Optimism governance and response logic. The AI engine and its prompts should be tested accordingly. We encourage considering open source models in this regard.
- Forum integration: The product should be able to extract relevant information from the original sources such as the forum. This could need the API from external sources or alternative methods. If it is not possible to access the API during mission execution, the proposer should be able to track information generation manually and stay updated on AI queries.
- Comprehensive documentation: The logic behind how the whole product works should be open to the public. It should come with a corresponding FAQ and technical details that enable others to contribute.
How should the Token House measure progress towards this Mission?
- Engine Development: This involves integrating AI technology with the relevant data sources and training it to perform effectively.
- Deploying a PoC: the chatbot is publicly available and ready to provide users with prompt and accurate responses.
- Final Frontend: Created the external instance to host information from Summarizer and Chatbox.
- Content generated: number of summaries generated by the Summarizer.
- Response: Evaluation of the Chatbox could be conducted by testers (delegates by example) to ensure proper basic accuracy and coverage, at the end of the period.
How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?
- Staying updated: The product has been updated with the latest news and activities on the Optimism Collective.
- Content/response quality: Evidence of the product provided precise and adequate information at all times, on any topic.
- Usability: By number of users, and retention.
- User stories: Where the success of onboarding a new contributor to the collective was highly dependent on the product.
Have you engaged a Grant-as-a-service provider for this Mission Request?
Has anyone other than the Proposing Delegate contributed to this Mission Request?
SEED Latam delegation proposed the mission request. Special kudos to our contributor @Jadmat for working with me on this.
In the past, various efforts have been proposed and implemented in the field of governance. Some of the most relevant ones include:
MakerDAO governance with MIP106: Support Scope Bounded Mutable Alignment Artifact; Governance Artificial Intelligence Tools (GAIT): “The GAIT consists of multiple redundant, diversified large-scale artificial intelligence models operating in remote data centers, trained to provide alignment engineering and business process optimization for MakerDAO, SubDAOs and Ecosystem Actors implemented as Scope Artifact generation and strengthening. They are accessible by Alignment Conservers, MKR holders, and SubDAO token holders”. You can find more information about this product at https://makerchat.org/.
Aave governance with x23, an external project: This is an external project that offers a dashboard which simplifies Aave’s governance activity. It provides a summary of each proposal and discussion space. You can find more information about this project at Aave Discussions.