This mission seeks to create entertaining and educational videos that draw people into the Optimism Collective. The aim is to raise awareness for Optimism, make it easy for mainstream audiences to get involved, and inspire the next generation of leaders in the Superchain.
S5 Intent 4 - Improve Governance Accessibility
Proposing Delegate: @kaereste
Proposal Tier: Ember
Baseline grant amount: up to 7,000 OP
Should this Foundation Mission be fulfilled by one or multiple applicants: Multiple
Submit by: To be set by Grants Council
Selection by: To be set by Grants Council
Start date: ASAP
Completion date: Mission must be completed within 12 months
The Delegate Mission Request for creating educational videos aligns with the intent to Improve Governance Accessibility by focusing on three key areas:
- Community Education: The videos will serve as a vital tool to educate the broader community about Optimism’s governance and RetroPGF, using clear and engaging narratives that resonate with a wide audience.
- Fostering Community: The videos can combine educational content about governance with other topics that interest viewers, which can help provide a welcoming atmosphere where more people are inspired to fulfill their goals with the Optimism Collective.
- Simplifying Complexity: The mission is designed to distil the complexities of Optimism’s governance system into simple content, making it easier for newcomers to understand how they can participate and make informed decisions.
In essence, this mission will provide an accessible entry point for community members to engage with and contribute to Optimism’s governance, promoting inclusivity and understanding.
To execute this Delegate Mission Request, the content creator will be responsible for the following:
- Knowledgeable Expertise: Stay updated on Optimism’s developments and demonstrate strong presentation skills
- Alignment with Optimism’s Vision: Uphold and convey Optimism’s principles in all content
- Video Production Proficiency: Possess necessary video production skills, such scripting, editing, and hosting.
- Strategic Content Research: Research and organize content on pivotal topics within the Optimism ecosystem
- Social Media Promotion: Actively promote videos across social channels like Twitter and Farcaster
- A series of educational and engaging videos that provide insights into Optimism governance and RetroPGF.
- Regular updates and posts on social media platforms to promote content and engage with the community.
- Reports on engagement metrics, viewer feedback, and the effectiveness of educational efforts.
The Token House can measure progress towards this Mission by reviewing the following resources provided by the content creator:
- Links to the platform where the videos are published (such as Zora or Youtube)
- Monthly video analytics such as viewership, impressions, and NFT mints (via onchain interactions, spreadsheet, or other resources)
- Links to social media channels where there is engagement on the video (such as comments, likes, and bookmarks on Farcaster or X)
- A summary of how the videos help Optimism to make it easier for the Token House to understand the impact without having to watch every video. This summary can include details of how the videos resulted in key governance metrics, such as delegated OP, activity on the governance forum, and participation in community events.
The content creator can set milestones regarding the date of video delivery, amount of videos published, amount of views, amounts of mints, amount of governance participation, and other engagement metrics.
To assess the impact of this Mission, badgeholders can focus on any of the following metrics:
- Key Video Analytics: Overview of video content metrics such as total views, click-through rates, conversion rates and more
- Supplementary Content Engagement: Total downloads, views, and mints of additional resources (e.g., free guides or NFTs) linked in the videos.
- Community Queries: Total count of inquiries to the content creator about Optimism Governance and the Collective.
- Onboarding Proof: Number of new wallets set up following the video content, indicating successful onboarding.
- Contributor Tracking: Documented contributions from those newly onboarded, reflecting active participation (such as joining Optimism Fractal events or completing Layer3 Quests)
- Feedback Summary: Analysis of a brief feedback form filled out by viewers and/or ecosystem participants.
- New Conversations: Track the number of governance-related posts, and discussions initiated by participants post-onboarding.
These metrics can provide a clear, time-efficient method for badgeholders to evaluate the Mission’s impact. In addition, badgeholders can also use the metrics that the Token House uses to measure the positive impact of the Mission.