[Draft] Creation of Video and Written Resources

S4 Intent: Governance Accessibility

Proposed Mission: Create a series of video and article resources that break down concepts like how DAO governance works, how you can delegate tokens on Optimism, and more.

Proposal Tier 25: Ember

Please verify that you meet the qualifications for your Tier: I am a new community member that has not worked with or for the Optimism Collective before

Baseline grant amount: 12k OP

% of total available Intent Budget: 0,4%

Please check here if access to upfront capital is a barrier to completing your Mission and if you would like to be considered for a small upfront cash grant:

For the completion of this mission, I’m requesting a grant of $2,000 USDC to be used to pay for a whiteboard video creator to create the animations and voice-overs. Any leftover funds will be sent back to the DAO.

Alliance name: Sinkas

Alliance Lead: Sinkas

Contact info:

L2 recipient address: 0xc8F8C7634e12C45266FC1110640BB318cdbF2373

Please list the members of your Alliance and link to any previous work:

Sinkas - Content Creator, Project Manager

I have a lot of experience with creating simple and easily digestible content that breaks down complex topics. Some of my more recent and polished writing can be found on Mirror while a lot of my random musings and thought pieces can be found on Cent.

Furthermore, through my work at Roll, I onboarded over 100 creators to web3, breaking down complex topics for new entrants such as decentralized exchanges, liquidity pools, impermanent loss, ERC-20s, and more. I developed a strong sense of how to deliver information in an understandable format through my countless interactions with new participants.

Additional content creation experience comes from my writing and editing of Roll’s biweekly newsletter (20k subscribers) - Examples found on Roll’s blog (up to April 2022)

My full CV can be found here.

Please explain how this Mission will help accomplish the above Intent:

• The videos will make information more readily accessible.
  • Through the video format with simple animations, we’ll make the idea of DAOs, votes, and delegation more approachable, understandable, and digestible.
  • The videos will act as go-to resources that people can point to whenever a topic that one of the videos covers is mentioned.
  • The articles will act as resources within Discourse, and the link-back from Youtube to Discourse will bring in more people to the Governance forums.
  • The step-by-step guides will help people actually perform actions, such as delegate their tokens to existing delegates, or create their own delegate profile.

More specifically, the Alliance will create content that captures everything in regard to voting in DAOs, specifically in Optimism. From how voting works, what delegation is, how anyone can create a delegate profile, and how they can delegate their tokens to an existing delegator.

The content will come primarily in a series of short videos (2-3 mins in length) which will be uploaded on a new Youtube channel (name - up for suggestions: Optimistic Channel). In addition, I’ll also transcribe the videos into written guides that can go into more detail as well as write separate step-by-step tutorials for actionable items (e.g. how to create a delegate profile on Optimism).

Each article/video will be about a separate element in the broader sphere of voting and delegation to optimize the length and digestibility of the information.

References for the videos:

1. Simply Explained - NFT's Explained in 4 minutes! - YouTube
  2. Whiteboard Crypto - https://www.youtube.com/@WhiteboardCrypto/playlist
  3. Simplilearn - Simplilearn - YouTube

References for the articles:

1. Optimism Foundation Help Centre - https://help.optimism.io/hc/en-us

What makes your Alliance well-suited to execute this Mission?

Sinkas - I have a lot of experience with managing projects end-to-end, breaking down complex topics into easily understood points and I’ve personally helped onboard over 100 people to web3.

Please list the critical milestone(s) that should be tracked to determine if you should receive your grant in one year:

• All videos will be uploaded to the Youtube Channel, and all articles & guides posted on Discourse by the end of Season 4 (September 20)

How should Token House delegates measure progress toward this Mission:

• Scripts for all the videos finished by August 1st.
  • Voiceovers recorded by August 15th
  • Videos finished by September 15th
  • Videos published on Youtube by September 20th

How should badge holders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?

1. The total number of views across all 5 videos exceeds 5,000 (1,000 views/video).
  2. The articles shared on Discourse collectively have over 2,500 views (500 views/article).
  3. There is an increase in Optimism’s delegates as a result of the video and article guides on how anyone can create a delegate profile.

Breakdown of Mission budget request:

• The requested upfront grant of $2,000 USDC will be used to pay an independent contractor to create the whiteboard video.
  • 5,000 $OP for the creation of the video scripts for 5 videos.
  • 3,000 $OP for the creation of 5 articles and 2 step-by-step tutorials
  • 4,000 $OP for the project management works to produce the finalized videos.

I confirm that my grant will be subject to clawback for failure to execute on critical milestones: Yes

I confirm that I have read and understand the grant policies: Yes

I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: Yes

I understand that I will be expected to follow the public grant reporting requirements outlined here: Yes

P.S For this particular proposal, I’ve been looking to form an Alliance in the Optimism Discord. If an interested party is found before the deadline, I’d be more than happy to work with them to create the videos rather than outsourcing the work to a freelancer.

hi @Sinkas! Great to see you’ve submitted multiple Mission proposals. I see you’re the only Alliance member but the proposals show different Alliance names. You should submit all these proposals under the same Alliance name (ie. Sinkas) if the Alliance membership is the same across proposals (just you.) Each Alliance is allowed to submit up to 3 Mission proposals, so this shouldn’t be an issue for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Lavande, thanks for bringing that to my attention - I didn’t know it was an issue. I’ll edit both proposals to have the same Alliance name.

Hi @Sinkas! Wanted to make sure you were aware of the Optimism Season 4 Pitching Sessions to help find the 4 delegate approvals you’ll need by this Wednesday at 19:00 GMT for your proposal to move to a vote.

These sessions are happening in Discord on Monday, 26.06 2pm ET / 6pm GMT / 8pm CET and Tuesday, 27.06 11am ET / 3pm GMT / 5pm CET.

You can sign-up here!

1 Like

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

1 Like

I am a delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this should be put to a vote.

1 Like