[FINAL] Create and maintain the 'Optimism Vision Reservoir'

S4 - Intent 3: “Spread Awareness of the Optimistic Vision”

Proposed Mission: Create and Maintain the ‘Optimism Vision Reservoir’

In nature, a reservoir is a place where water is collected and stored to be used when it’s needed. Drawing a parallel to this concept, the “Optimism Vision Reservoir” is intended to be a collection point for the diverse interpretations, expressions, and reflections of Optimism’s vision.

The objective of this mission is to develop and manage a curated Notion-based collection of diverse resources, aimed at deepening understanding and fostering engagement with Optimism’s vision and values.
This initiative will gather scattered yet valuable content, consolidating it into a robust tool for those wishing to explore and disseminate Optimism’s vision.

Proposal Tier : Ember

Please verify that you meet the qualifications for submitting at the above Tier: Yes

Baseline grant amount: 4K OP

% of total available Intent Budget: 0,4%

Please check here if access to upfront capital is a barrier to completing your Mission and you would like to be considered for a small upfront cash grant: No.

Alliance name: Optimism Vision Reservoir

Alliance Lead: Latruite.eth

Contact info: latruite@gmx.com

L2 recipient address: 0x66D071A20d7942767739BBca130E08e4848D12Bc

Please list the members of your Alliance and link to any previous work:

Latruite.eth

Please explain how this Mission will help accomplish the above Intent:

In regard to Optimism’s vision, we have The Optimistic Vision. This is our “manifesto” so to speak :innocent:. but beyond these five paragraphs, different members of the Collective have already expressed themselves to detail this vision, to express their interpretation and what this means deeply or very concretely for them.
They did it in interviews, articles, conferences, podcasts, blogs, videos. At present, these different resources are scattered across various platforms.

The mission of the ‘Optimism Vision Reservoir’ is to gently gather these dispersed pearls, forming a hub of resources. This reservoir will be a useful tool for better sharing the essence of Optimism’s vision, potentially inspiring content creators, ambassadors, and community members along the way.

In practical terms, the mission entails creating a Notion site to consolidate and make these resources accessible. This involves

1. meticulously selecting resources, providing their contextual background, linking to the original document, and preparing summaries and text transcriptions for audio-visual content.
    Beyond the core of Optimism’s vision (whose resources are currently not vast), the project also seeks to introduce content on broader concepts like ‘Public Goods’, ‘Impact curation’, ‘regenerative finance’,…

2. From these resources, a lexicon will also be created around the central terms and concepts of the Optimism vision.

This ‘Reservoir’ is intended to serve not just as a knowledge repository but also, ideally, as a platform that encourages deeper understanding, and content creation centered on Optimism’s values and vision.

This resource is naturally expected to evolve over the long term (let’s be honest, the resources are not plentiful at this time). It will be particularly crafted to integrate future additions, including the hopefully forthcoming content produced during Season 4 (Intent 3 missions.)

What makes your Alliance well-suited to execute this Mission?

In my day-to-day work as a health educator, I find enjoyment in analyzing, summarizing, and curating resources and documents, which aligns well with this mission’s objectives.

I’ve always had a keen interest in environmental and climate issues. In 2021, I became fascinated by the regenerative finance movement on Ethereum, largely inspired by the work of Kevin Owocki. Through this journey, I discovered Optimism and was captivated by its ambitious vision and the values it promotes.

Although I’m more on the introverted side, I take great pleasure in writing. Over the past few months, I’ve dedicated my time to learn about Optimism and absorb as much content as possible. I’ve collected some resources and content, but have yet to find the good channel to share them - this mission provide that opportunity.

While I’m new to contributing to the Optimism collective, I’ve designed the mission to be realistic, reflecting my current experience level, and I believe the grant amount requested is reasonable to start this project.

Please list a critical milestone:

Critical Milestone : Mission goal by end September : Completion of the first collection with at least 20 entries (documented, summarized, and accessible resources or lexicon concept ).

How should Token House delegates measure progress towards this Mission

Benchmark Milestone 1 (10th July 2023) The Notion site is designed, live and has its first resource presentation online. This includes a contextualized, summarized presentation of a first content resource (with a transcription available if it’s audio-visual content).

Benchmark Milestone 2 (15th August 2023): 7 resource contents are live and accessible on the site.

Benchmark Milestone 3 (15th September 2023): 15 entries presented.

How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?

KPI 1: Number of visits to the Notion site. :
Minimum (Achieved): 50 visits
Average (Good): 150 visits
Excellent (Top): 400+ visits

KPI 2: Number of pieces of content created by creators who cite, mention, or link to the Optimism Vision Reservoir.
Minimum (Achieved): 5 pieces of content
Average (Good): 15 pieces of content
Excellent (Top): 25+ pieces of content

KPI 3: Quantity and diversity of resources-entries within the collection (Lexicon terms included)
Minimum (Achieved): 20 entries
Average (Good): 30 entries
Excellent (Top): 40+ entries

Breakdown of Mission budget request: The 4,000 OP grant is primarily meant to fairly compensate for the time I’ll be devoting to this project, estimated at 6-8 hours per week. It will also cover the costs of a Notion subscription.

I confirm that my grant will be subject to clawback for failure to execute on critical milestones: Yes

I confirm that I have read and understand the grant policies: Yes

I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: Yes

I understand that I will be expected to following the public grant reporting requirements outlined here: Yes:

9 Likes

I like the (grant size/impact) ratio for this one.

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

4 Likes

Hi @latruite.eth! Wanted to make sure you were aware of the Optimism Season 4 Pitching Sessions to help find the 4 delegate approvals you’ll need by this Wednesday at 19:00 GMT for your proposal to move to a vote.

These sessions are happening in Discord on Monday, 26.06 2pm ET / 6pm GMT / 8pm CET and Tuesday, 27.06 11am ET / 3pm GMT / 5pm CET.

You can sign-up here!

1 Like

Hi, thanks for letting me know about the Pitching Sessions! I’ve already signed up for the session on Tuesday. With my french accent, it’ll surely be a day to remember! :smile:

2 Likes

I am one of the Synthetix Ambassadors, & a Optimism Badgeholder. I am an Optimism delegate [Delegate Commitments - #65 by mastermojo ] with sufficient voting power, and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote

3 Likes

I think we need more resources and the ask is okay. Can you maybe give one example of such a Reservoir entry? As my imagination is limited.

That said I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

2 Likes

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power, and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your feedback. To give you a clearer picture, the kind of entries I’ve been working on:

1. An excerpt from an interview with Kelvin Fichter on OP Radio 11, where he shares a profound discourse on the vision of Optimism.

Kelvin Fichter : “Build a Digital Country”

Optimism is not a technology company. Optimism is a social structure that happens to build technology because it supports the social structure.

What Optimism truly is trying to do is create a digital country.

We want to build a self-sustaining economic system composed of thousands of people, if not many more, online, working together, building things together, generating revenue, generating a GDP, using those resources, sharing those resources to improve the base infrastructure of that economic system and make it possible for people to build bigger, better things that generate more revenue that they can then pump back into the system.

*We’re not talking about making credit card fees $0.10 cheaper. We’re talking about fully creating an alternative economic model and imbuing a value set into that economic model that values certain things that aren’t being valued in the system that a lot of us currently exist in. *

**Challenging the Status Quo

*We’re allowed to do this. We’re allowed to create our own system and say, you know what? Actually, I don’t think that our governmental systems are valuing all of the right things that need to be valued. **

*I’m not saying that these systems aren’t functional. I’m not saying that they don’t work. But I am saying that I truly believe that there are many, many, many things that aren’t being valued. I mean, look how much teachers get paid in the United States. It’s a joke. The people who are raising your children and teaching your children to be fully fledged adults get paid nothing. It’s a joke, right? That’s ridiculous. *

*And so why is it that we have this system that sort of reinforces that value set? *
Why have we reached a point where many of us believe that change is no longer possible?
People sort of mix up hopefulness with naivete. They think, if you even dare to improve anything, you’re just being naive. And that is such a sad way of living… And Optimism is just this rejection of that entire mindset.

(…)

this is just a part of if. So Each entry will include a cleaned-up transcription, introduction, link to the original content, and an introduction-disclaimer, …

2 Likes

I represent KyberSwap, an Optimism Protocol Delegate for Season 4 with sufficient voting power, and we believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

2 Likes

It looks like this proposal has the necessary approvals to move to a vote, but we would also like to indicate our support for this proposal. As @Gonna.eth also mentioned, we like the grant size vs impact ratio for this proposal. 404 DAO is an Optimism delegate with enough voting power to approve this mission proposal.

2 Likes

This feels like might be the only content-based marketing initiative this cycle that is asking an amount commensurate with the value offered. Looking forward to this one if it passes.

1 Like

As a team, we approached this proposal with caution due to it being a one-person alliance. However, we support this proposal because the requested grant amount is quite reasonable.

In addition to sharing the existing but unpublished content, we believe it would be great to create new content related to Optimistic Vision.

2 Likes

I’m voting yes on this proposal. The amount requested is small so I’m happy to be supportive of it, with input from my colleague Yesim Kaymak.

2 Likes

I will be voting yes for your proposal. It seems like it’s quite a nice value add to the ecosystem.

2 Likes

I voted in favour of this proposal, the amount is fair and so I am hoping to support more initiatives that add value at a reasonable cost.

3 Likes

Congrats on your proposal passing :slight_smile:

Nice to meet you! I am Jesse and I work at the Optimism Foundation as the lead of our Ambassador program. I would love to keep in contact with you to see how this mission progresses as I believe this would be an incredible on-boarding resource for our new ambassadors

Discord: reformed_normie

2 Likes

Hi and thank you for your message. It’s really a work in progress, still in the early stages. But I can already give you a link to the beta version ( :sweat_smile:) of the Reservoir (please don’t “over” share it for now) : Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.

You’ll notice that it’s still quite dry & empty at the moment… but I’m going to upload resources more regularly from now on. (The ‘Glossary’ and ‘about me’ sections still need to be written. I’m going to link this to a proper domain name)

On a side note, keep in mind that I can’t devote all my time to it (about 8 hours/week as indicated in my mission statement), so it will take a little more patience to have a fully filled reservoir.

4 Likes

I love it :heart: I really like the extract and highlighted part with your notes. This will be really helpful, continue working hard!

3 Likes

hey! this looks quite good already and could be very valuable for the Optimism ecosystem.

2 Likes

Small Weekly Updates :

Notion Website is Live :sparkler: at https://optimism-vision-reservoir.com

New Entries This Week:

• Added a dedicated page for the Retro PGF-Podcast by @Michael (Included notes on EP02 with @Gonna.eth ) : is it ok for you, Chiefs ?
  • Compiled a collection of six video resources around RPGF (to be continued)

• Summary of Mark Tyneway’s ITW for the Green Thru podcast

Site Improvements:

-Added Forms for readers to suggest new entries
-Published an ‘About Me’ page

Roadmap for Next Two Weeks:

-Develop the glossary
-Officially launch the site with Twitter announcement
-Add a page dedicated to the Delegate Corner podcast by @Sinkas
& Continue to fill the reservoir with more content

All feedback is appreciated and welcome!

6 Likes