Ecosystem Onboarding & Education

S4 Intent: Spread Awareness of the Optimistic Vision (Intent 3)

Proposed Mission: Sponsor content & promote Optimism

Proposal Tier: Ember

Please verify that you meet the qualifications for your Tier: I am a new community member that has not worked with or for the Optimism Collective before

Baseline grant amount: 25.7k OP

% of total available Intent budget: 2.57%

Alliance name: MetaFam

Alliance Lead: peth

Contact info: @peth here, @petheth on telegram, discord & twitter)

L2 recipient address: 0xb9EC370A07FC0B1f01d55a832B027D036fD54574

Please list the members of your Alliance and link to any previous work:

• peth - founder of MetaGame & organizer of MetaFest
  • eowulia - editor of MetaRadio & organizer of MetaFest
  • Vanessa - writer & shiller at MetaGame
  • Hhh - writer & developer at MetaGame

WTF is MetaGame & why Optimism should give us a grant

Please explain how this Mission will help accomplish the above Intent:

• We have a newsletter & a podcast that goes out to >12,000 people interested in learning about Web3, DAOs & the bigger picture
  • The conference we’re organizing is likewise focused on “coordination, regeneration & the bigger picture”, its a gathering trying to bridge related web3 communities with their non-web3 counterparts as well as bring at least 10% of complete newcomers to learn about DAOs & ReFi
  • The latter will also feed into the former, all the content will get recycled into posts & the full “DAO Design Track” will be turned into an online course
  • The full DAO Design online course will feature Optimism as the main or only sponsor & encourage people to launch DAOs on DAOhaus on Optimism
  • Optimism & the Optimistic Vision will get featured in all of this content, consumed by >3000 people, twice a week for 3 months
  • Optimism will get everything that comes with the top tier sponsorship package for MetaFest (Logo on the website, all promo materials, media & aftermovie, logo in swag bags & at the venue, logo on the livestreams, workshop slot, private chamber & a table in the dungeon (coworking) for your org, promo booth for your project (only one), 16 ticket NFTs (worth $2400) and epic swag bags.
  • Also everything that comes with the top tier guild membership in MetaGame (your news regularly in our newsletter, your news on our dashboard, a twitter thread, podcast interview etc. etc.)
  • There will be a playbook about building on Optimism, written & distributed through our channels
  • We would also create a page for Optimism inside MetaGame to permanently stay visible for discovery by newcomers

What makes your Alliance well-suited to execute this Mission?

• We’ve been doing this for 3 years so we have a proven track record of shipping content, organizing events & onboarding newcomers into the ecosystem
  • Everything we do at MetaGame is geared towards onboarding new people into the ecosystem, helping people start DAOs & teach them about the bigger picture
  • Philosophical alignment: like Optimism, we are very much focused on DAOs & Regenerative projects. We’re building a public good & our long term goal is to build a decentralized society

Please list a critical milestone. The critical milestone should be a measure of whether you’ve made best efforts to execute what is outlined in this proposal or not. If you fail to achieve your critical milestone, your grant may be clawed back.

Milestone #1: Put on a great conference

• Finish organizing MetaFest & make sure everyone has a great experience

Milestone #2: Optimism up

• Write & distribute the Optimism playbook
  • Create the Optimism page

Milestone #3: Launch-a-DAO

• Produce a full DAO course from the DAO Design Track content

Milestone #4: Regular publishing

• Publish 12 newsletters & 12 podcast episodes

How should Token House delegates measure progress towards this Mission: These should focus on progress towards completion. Including expected completion dates for each is recommended.

• Milestone #1: All sessions recorded & up on youtube, attendance surveyed with 90% respondents saying “it was awesome!” (August 26th)
  • Milestone #2: Playbook & page both accessible on the website (September 10th)
  • Milestone #3: Content turned into a course & available online (September 20th)
  • Milestone #4: Published all 12 newsletters & podcast episodes with a minimum of 2000 views each or making it up on more successful ones (September 20th)

Breakdown of Mission budget request:

• Organizing MetaFest = 10000 OP
  • 12 podcast episodes = 6000 OP
  • 12 newsletters = 6000 OP
  • DAO Design course = 2000 OP
  • Promoting all of it = 1000 OP
  • An Optimism playbook = 500 OP
  • Grant & PM = 200 OP
  • A project page = 0 OP

I confirm that my grant will be subject to clawback for failure to execute on critical milestones: Yes

I confirm that I have read and understand the grant policies: Yes

I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: Yes

I understand that I will be expected to following the public grant reporting requirements outlined: Yes

3 Likes

Hi @peth! Wanted to make sure you were aware of the Optimism Season 4 Pitching Sessions to help find the 4 delegate approvals you’ll need by this Wednesday at 19:00 GMT for your proposal to move to a vote.

These sessions are happening in Discord on Monday, 26.06 2pm ET / 6pm GMT / 8pm CET and Tuesday, 27.06 11am ET / 3pm GMT / 5pm CET.

You can sign-up here!

1 Like

Awesome, thank you for the heads-up!

1 Like

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power , and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote

1 Like

I am a Lyra representative and Optimism delegate , with sufficient voting power, and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote