S4 Intent: (Intent 3) Educate people about Optimism, its vision, and the ecosystem.
Proposed Mission: Create a series of videos about Optimism
My goal is to create engaging and informative content about Optimism which may include the following topics:
- Introduction to Optimism
- A brief overview of Optimism, a Layer 2 scaling solution for Ethereum.
- How Optimism works and its benefits over Ethereum.
- Some of the projects are built on Optimism.
- The Optimism Collective
- A decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) that governs Optimism.
- The two houses of the Optimism Collective: the Token House and the Citizen House.
- How the Optimism Collective makes decisions about funding public goods.
- Public Goods
- Services or goods that benefit everyone in a community, but are not profitable to provide privately.
- Examples of public goods include roads, schools, and libraries.
- How Optimism funds public goods through its Retroactive Public Goods Funding program.
- Retroactive Public Goods Funding
- A program that uses revenue generated from Optimism to fund public goods.
- How projects can apply for funding through Retroactive Public Goods Funding.
- The criteria that projects are evaluated on when applying for funding.
- Optimistic Rollups
- A type of Layer 2 scaling solution for Ethereum.
- How optimistic rollups work and their benefits over other Layer 2 scaling solutions.
- Some of the projects that are built on optimistic rollups.
- Bedrock Update
- A major upgrade to Optimism that was released in Q1 2023.
- The new features and improvements that were introduced in the Bedrock Update.
- How the Bedrock Update makes Optimism more scalable, secure, and user-friendly.
Proposal Tier 25: Ember
Please verify that you meet the qualifications for your Tier: I am a new community member that has not worked with or for the Optimism Collective before
Baseline grant amount: 9k OP
% of total available Intent Budget: 0,9%
Please check here if access to upfront capital is a barrier to completing your Mission and if you would like to be considered for a small upfront cash grant: Yes
Alliance name: Shelley Mae
Alliance Lead: Shelley Mae
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/shelleymaeph
- Telegram: shelleymae21
- Discord: shelleymae#9805
- Email: email@example.com
L2 recipient address: 0x1D16dCCDfdb9a00e8844102D987830bcFa6dFf5f
Please list the members of your Alliance and link to any previous work:
Shelley Mae - Content Creator
I have a lot of experience with creating content, explainers, and overviews of projects in Web 3. I have been creating content around Defi and Gamefi. My educational videos are the highest quality and I have been doing some content on Protocols in Optimism just like Perpetual Protocol which you can find here: My Hot Tub Vault Earnings in a Month! (actual earnings!) + How to Use Hot Tub Vaults - YouTube and Polynomial Trade: What is Polynomial Trade? | A Beginners Guide to the Protocol | Optimism Network - YouTube
I have over 700k+ views on my channel.
Currently, I want to focus on optimism and dedicate an entire youtube video playlist to its ecosystem.
Please explain how this Mission will help accomplish the above Intent:
The mission of creating engaging, high-quality content that is not only captivating but also easily understandable will help accomplish the intent of educating people about Optimism, its vision, and ecosystem in the following ways:
- Engaging content: By creating content that is interesting and engaging, I can capture the attention of readers and keep them interested in learning more about Optimism. This is important because it will help me reach a wider audience and educate more people about this important technology.
- High-quality content: In addition to being engaging, my content must also be high-quality. This means that it must be accurate, up-to-date, and well-written. I want to ensure that my readers can trust the information that they are getting from me.
- Easy to understand: Finally, my content must be easy to understand. This means using clear and concise language, avoiding jargon, and providing examples and illustrations to help explain complex concepts. I want to make sure that our content is accessible to everyone, regardless of their level of technical expertise.
Creating engaging, high-quality content that is easy to understand, I can help to educate people about Optimism, its vision, and its ecosystem. This will help to raise awareness of this important technology and its potential benefits. It will also help to build a more informed community of users and developers who can help to shape the future of Optimism.
You can check my Video Channel Here: Shelley Mae - YouTube
What makes your Alliance well-suited to execute this Mission?
I have a proven track record of creating content that is both informative and engaging. From researching, planning, and writing scripts to filming and editing, I do it all. I am passionate about optimism and I believe in its potential to make a positive impact on the world. And I believe that’s my core strength to execute this mission.
Please list the critical milestone(s) that should be tracked to determine if you should receive your grant in one year:
- All videos will be uploaded to my Youtube Channel by the end of Season 4 (September 20)
How should Token House delegates measure progress toward this Mission:
*1 video will be published every week. 8 videos in total.
How should badge holders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?
- The total number of views across all 8 videos exceeds 40,000 (5,000 views/video).
- The number of positive comments that have been made about the content. This can be tracked through social media analytics tools or through manual review.
- Increase in visitors to optimism pages by the end of the season.
By tracking these metrics, badge holders can get a sense of how much impact my content has had on the optimistic community.
Breakdown of Mission budget request:
- 7,000 $OP for the creation of the video for 8 videos.
- 2,000 $OP for the advertising cost to produce the finalized videos.
I confirm that my grant will be subject to clawback for failure to execute on critical milestones: Yes
I confirm that I have read and understand the grant policies: Yes
I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: Yes
I understand that I will be expected to follow the public grant reporting requirements outlined here: Yes