Grants Council Operating Budget Proposal for Season 5
Proposed Council Lead: Lund Ventures (Dane Lund)
Proposed Council Operating Budget: 440k OP
Contact Info: danelund.eth (forum)
Please link to any previous work or qualifications to be Council Lead:
- Link to community contributions
– Season 3 Grants Launch
– Season 4 Grants Launch
- Grants Council Lead Seasons 3 + 4
- Dane is a core contributor at Alliance (alliance.xyz) and a fellow of the Decentralization Research Center
· Link to original Charter: Season 3 Charter
· Link to Last Season’s Charter: Season 4 Charter
Please note that the Charter of the Council will need to be expanded to account for the following changes in Scope:
§ The Grants Council will now process all Delegate Mission Applications, under all Intents (not just Intent #2)
§ The Grants Council will no longer operate its own Request For Grant program, but rather will be able to propose Delegate Mission Requests, subject to Token House approval in Voting Cycle #18
§ Mission Applications will continue to be classified as growth experiments or builders grants, or a combination of the two. The Grants Council should continue to evaluate these grants based on defined goals and public rubrics for each grant type, as well as their ability to achieve the corresponding Intent
§ All Mission Applications should be processed according to Trust Tiers
Breakdown of Council Operating Budget:
The proposed Council Operating Budget is increased relative to Season 4 for a number of reasons. First, the number of reviewers has increased by five in order to accommodate much larger than anticipated interest (in the prior Season) in the Optimism Grants Program. The reviewers span three Sub-Committees rather than two in Seasons 3 + 4. Second, the Grants Council was dedicated to one intent in Season 4, but will review proposals from all intents for Season 5. Third, the Season 4 budget was put together with ten weeks of grant processing in mind (in reference to Season 3, which was two cycles), relative to 12 weeks of grant processing in Season 5.
3 Sub-Committees and Ops = 400k OP
- Builders: 5 Reviewers @ 30k OP (+ 5k OP from S4)
- Experiments: 5 Reviewers @ 30k OP (+5k OP from S4)
- Milestones and Metrics: 3 Reviewers @ 25k OP (new in S4)
- Ops Manager: Additional 10k OP (+5k from S4)*
- Milestones and Metrics Manager: Additional 10k OP (new in S4)
- Communications Manager: Additional 5k OP (same as S4)
*Should he be re-elected as a reviewer, the intention would be to reappoint @Gonna.eth to this position.
Council-related requests for grants = 40k OP
- 40k OP will be set aside for grants specifically designed to enhance Council operations (e.g., knowledge management platform, front-end, developer contributions, etc).
Lead = 0 OP
- This position will be rewarded only through retroPGF if it is rewarded for Season 5.
This budget does not include: any amounts granted by the Foundation for ongoing milestone review and council maintenance prior to Season 5 launch or any amounts granted to Council-members for prior seasons for RetroPGF.
How should Token House delegates ensure the Council is executing on its Charter?
· Benchmark Milestone 1
- Review > 95% of Mission Requests
· Benchmark Milestone 2
- Maintain finalist rate < 30%
· Benchmark Milestone 3
- Process > 300 proposals
Benchmark Milestone 4
- Publish rubrics for each Sub-Committee, modified as applicable for each intent, prior to the review of proposals for Cycles 19-22
How should badgeholders measure the Council’s impact?
· KPI 1
- NPS score from finalists > 7/10
· KPI 2
- Creation of Milestone Hub for long-term milestone tracking
· KPI 3
- Office Hours and AMA attendance by > 75 unique proposers