Delegate Mission Request Summary:
This mission request aims to bring existing not-yet-crypto communities and organizations to Optimism. It aims to use existing infrastructure and dapps, and focuses on onboarding and finding creative ways to use what already exists.
Improve the Consumer Experience
Proposing Delegate: @kaereste
Proposal Tier: Ember Tier
Baseline grant amount: 5-30k OP
Should this Foundation Mission be fulfilled by one or multiple applicants: Up to 10, 300k OP max budget
Submit by: To be set by Grants Council
Selection by: To be set by Grants Council
Start date: If applicable
Completion date: The sooner the better (prefer short term programs from long-term ones).
How will this Delegate Mission Request help accomplish the above Intent?
This request aims to encourage existing real-world, not-necessary-crypto-native communities to use Optimism infrastructure to facilitate their operations. Over the past year, many dapps and infrastructure projects have been funded, and now is the time to put them to use.
Developers tend to focus on building their own tools and not necessarily on real-world applications. We need others to find creative ways of onboarding users into Optimism using the tools and infrastructure we already have.
In this mission request we seek for people that will match the tools we already have with use-cases that those tools can help to solve - be it crowdfunding, coordinating on a common cause, better decision making, rewarding users with some recognition of their achievements (think for example scouts receiving badges as NFTs), etc.
The expectation is to figure out down the road what do we miss and how can we improve on the user experience and especially onboarding experience.
What is required to execute this Delegate Mission Request?
- The proposer needs to present an existing community/organization that is willing to experiment with Optimism
- The proposer needs to present the specific use-case that will be solved by using Optimism and dapps on Optimism to solve community/organization real world problem or improve its operations
- The use case description should cover the expected number of users onboarded to it and the planned ways of getting those users
- The use case description should cover specific onchain activities that will be a part of onboarded users experience
- It should be possible to independently verify onchain activity generated through this proposal
- The proposal should include the way of measuring the impact of this experiment on the community/organization and should include benchmarks for expected impact
- Mission proposal should include a report afterwards covering the results and highlighting the lessons learned regarding the user experience
How should the Token House measure progress towards this Mission?
- Did the proposer manage to onboard as many users as planned?
- What is the reported impact
- What is the reported activity generated through this experiment
- Did the activity last after completing all the milestones or did it die just afterwards (which is ok-ish and could be normal but long-lasting should be preferred)
How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?
- What existing Optimism (broadly speaking, wallets included for example) tools will be used and how many of them
- How many new users are expected to be onboarded with this experiment
- How much onchain activity does this experiment bring (is it a one-time thing for each user or rather a continuous usage)
- How long are users expected to engage with onchain activities (is it something that lasts for one week per user or rather few months)
Have you engaged a Grant-as-a-service provider for this Mission Request?
Has anyone other than the Proposing Delegate contributed to this Mission Request?
No, but consulted within the L2BEAT team.