Optimism Chinese Community is an organization that spreads the concept of Optimism and public goods, aiming to be a bridge between the Chinese-speaking community and Optimism, to promote the two-way communication between Optimism and the Chinese-speaking community, and to promote the prosperity of public goods.
- RetroPGF has a very small percentage of applied Chinese language projects
In this RetroPGF#3 process, the voice of the Chinese-speaking community is relatively small, with no more than 20 Chinese-speaking community projects known to have applied, and Chinese-speaking community projects accounted for less than 4% of the 644 public goods projects applied for, and there are only 9 Chinese-speaking projects known to have won awards in this RetroPGF#3, accounting for 1.7% of the overall number of awards.
- Too few RetroPGF BadgeHolder holders
Vitalik mentioned in RetroPGF#1 that increasing the diversity of regions and roles among badge holders would lead to a fairer and more efficient distribution of RetroPGF as a whole.
In RetroPGF#3, we found that there are too few Chinese speakers, and even in the RetroPGF discussion, some badge holders don’t know Chinese and can’t evaluate the projects accurately and efficiently.
- The Chinese community’s understanding of Optimism and public goods is too low.
In the Chinese community, many people tend to discuss the coin price, project investment and research, etc., while ignoring the power of public goods construction, at the same time, in the Optimism Chinese channel, many people’s discussions tend to be related to OP airdrops, prices, etc., and no one has bothered to seriously study and understand the constructive role that OPs can bring in the public goods field.
We are going to set up the Optimism Chinese community around these three issues and gather everyone’s strengths.
In the Mandarin ecosystem, hundreds of teams are emerging and working to spread the word about cryptocurrency and public goods adoption. We live in a region that faces a huge challenge because not only do we need to teach Web3 in a “friendly” way, but we also need to teach the basic concepts of financial education that are not covered in the basic education of most Chinese-speaking communities.
With 1.5 billion Chinese speakers, this is a huge population, and we want to spread public goods and optimistic visions among Chinese speakers.
In terms of public goods construction, Chinese is an even bigger population. Take open source products as an example, according to the 2022 China Open Source Contribution Report, the main indicators are as follows
- Chinese open source contributors accounted for 9.5% of the world’s
- Chinese developer-led open source projects accounted for 12.5% of the world’s
- China accounts for 20% of the world’s top 50 open source contributing companies
LXDAO, as a DAO supporting the sustainability of public goods and open source products, has created more than 14 public goods in the past year, and we have developed public goods supported by ESP, Filecoin Foundation, MetaMask and Mask Network.
Focusing on the Ethernet ecosystem, we help Chinese-speaking areas to establish ecological links and increase the discourse and influence of the Chinese language.
Generalized Digital Community for the Global Chinese Community, we support and fund public goods that we believe in!
A home for blockchain technology enthusiasts
The commonality of our organizations is the developer community, Chinese language organizations supporting the public goods ecosystem, we will spread Optimism and the concept of public goods in the Chinese language ecosystem and even in the APAC region, to achieve the sustainability of public goods!
Weekly meeting: Every Wednesday at 20:00 (UTC+8)
1 PM， 1 Developer, 1 Operation/BD, 1 Researcher
- Responsible for organizing basic meetings and coordinating project progress
- Ensure a deep connection between the organization and Optimism
- Governance Objective Advancement
- Op eco-research, output report
- Responsible for optimism development tasks
- Op technical documentation translation/optimization
- Liaise with people, and event organizing and planning
- Finding influential and valuable Chinese language public goods projects and helping them apply for RetroPGF
We will be working in three directions: education, governance, and product to coordinate the Optimism ecosystem together.
As Optimism is about to enter Season 5, we will focus on Season 5 tasks and carry out a series of activities in the Chinese community.
- popularize Optimism content and public goods content to the Chinese community, as well as disseminate public goods developments in the Chinese community to Optimism on a regular basis.
- with Optimism’s support, successfully launch a project at Optimism and receive support from Optimism
- regularly output research and articles to spread the word about Op Stack and SuperChain
- organizing regular Optimism promotional events
- Find more valuable Chinese language public goods programs and help them apply for RetroPGF
- OP Governance content is updated weekly
- Op in-depth article translations, 3 per month
- Op Space activities, 2 times per month
- IRL activities, 1~3 times a quarter.
- Participate in 1~3 projects in the Optimism ecosystem.
- Output 1~3 research reports related to Optimism governance.
- RetroPGF#4 Increased the number of applications for the Mandarin Public Goods Program to 25+.
Impact will be an important factor in determining the workload, we will evaluate the impact index once a month to unlock part of the rewards.
We will be the phoenix of the Chinese public goods ecology!