[FINAL] BanklessDAO’s Global Campaign to spread the Optimistic vision

Hey! I’m Eren, Social Media Coordinator at BanklessDAO. On I’d like to submit this application on behalf of a few projects which have formed an alliance for this proposal

S4 Intent 3: Spread Awareness of the Optimistic Vision

**Proposed Mission: BanklessDAO’s Global Campaign to spread the Optimistic vision

Proposal Tier: Fledgling Tier

Baseline grant amount: 70,395 OP

% of total available Intent Budget: 7.0%

Please check here if access to upfront capital is a barrier to completing your Mission and you would like to be considered for a small upfront cash grant: [No]

Alliance name: BanklessDAO Media

Alliance Lead:

Eren_Targ5 (Marketing Dept. Eren Targ🏴#5275)

Social Media Coordinator for Seasons 4,5,6,7,8. Built a system in the marketing department for smooth content creation and helped develop strategies for growth of the bDAO social media platforms. Campaign lead for many external campaigns that took place within the Marketing Department.

Contact info: @Eren_Targ5

Final L2 recipient address: 0xe3a9ad8a2b39ff6983f1582abd26c06afa6cce96

Please list the members of your Alliance and link to any previous work:

We have listed the leads for each team that will work on different areas of content production. More than 100 contributors will be involved in delivering the entire campaign so it’s not possible to list all the alliance members here.

OrnellaWeb3 (Marketing Dept)

Marketing Department Coordinator for Seasons 6, 7, 8. Content Creator, web3 Educator. Member of BanklessDAO since November 2021, guiding and training new members about web3 marketing, communication skills, team building, and documentation of processes. Onboarded +50 contributors to BanklessDAO. Passionate about decentralisation and financial inclusion thanks to web3 education.

Trewkat

Lead Staff Editor, Bankless Publishing, Co-coordinator, Weekly Rollup Newsletter

Twitter: [@trewkat]

I’ve been part of BanklessDAO since September 2021 and a core contributor to the Writers Guild, Newsletters, and Bankless Publishing since late 2021.

Anaphant

Role: Translation and Ops Coordinator

Bio: Hi! I’m the friendly elephant in the room. bDAO member since Oct 2022, current Translator Guild coordinator, International Media Nodes operations coordinator, and project lead for Bankless Rewards. Big enthusiast on RPGF and UBI, exploring web3 as a tool to enhance human coordination efforts.

Abidemi

I’m the Marketing and Writer’s Coordinator within Bankless Africa with 2 years contributing to key DAOs such as GitcoinDAO, BanklessDAO and Wonder and another 2 years working within Startups as a growth marketer. I’ve done work around coordinating and writing a governance focused newsletter, coordinating the official Mirror publication for Bankless Africa and publishing works around public goods, DAOs, L2s and more!

Please explain how this Mission will help accomplish the above Intent:

The BanklessDAO community is a ready and willing audience for the Optimistic Vision.:

1. Our members believe in and work towards being Bankless, i.e. living life as self-sovereign individuals while contributing to the collective good…
  2. The community is global, with presence in over 15 language regions around the world…
  3. There is strong value alignment between the Optimism Collective and BanklessDAO; decentralization, collaboration, and a new economic paradigm are at the heart of our shared ethos.

Education and media are the core products of BanklessDAO.The crypto community recognizes us as the leading organisation in this regard. A signal can be found in the results of the latest Gitcoin Beta round , where the community signalled us as one of the top providers in the Education category by number of unique votes.

In order to accomplish Intent 3, we have structured the campaign as a journey through the Optimistic Vision. Phase 1 will cover the core principles in relation to public goods and collaboration for impact, Phase 2 will provide more detail on Optimism and shine a light on exemplar projects, and Phase 3 will share perspectives on governance and the pathways for achieving our shared goals.:

Phase 1: Through July
Optimism Governance and Ether’s Phoenix

• What is Ether’s Phoenix in June L2 Newsletter
  • An overview on on Optimism Governance [Bankless Publishing, Bankless Africa, Newsletters, International Media Nodes]
  • Tweet thread + translations
  • Call to action: Vote for BanklessDAO proposals

Phase 2: August
What is RPGF? Deepdive into the Optimistic vision and highlighting projects which work on this vision
Bankless Publishing/Newsletters
RPGF intro/ recap of OP efforts, tie into Vision in BP
Optimistic Vision / impact=profit L2 Newsletter
Bankless Publishing/Newsletters - August
How to Build New Economic Model in BP
OP Grant Mechanics in L2 Newsletter
New Economic Model
Highlight some projects or initiatives to get involved

• Examples of projects and initiatives that are already funded
  • Tag projects on OP [get retweets from others]

Phase 3: September
Reviewing past RPGF, Governance updates and how to get involved in Optimism DAO
Bankless Publishing/Newsletters - September
OP Governance Update in Bankless Publishing
Review of projects receiving RPGF Funding in L2 Newsletter
Actionable items: How can someone get involved?

• How can one raise funds for their own initiatives
  • Highlight gaps in the market.

RPGF Content on

• How both DAOs have similar vision.
  • How powerful we’d be as a team if we unite forces in this vision and mission.

What makes your Alliance well-suited to execute this Mission?

BanklessDAO has a vast network of contributors working across a variety of media to achieve its mission. By leveraging BanklessDAO’s global media reach and established content production teams, we will ensure that high-quality, mission focused content is distributed to engaged audiences in multiple languages.

The DAO has delivered several content pieces on Optimism in the past as listed in our RPGF2 nomination here and

Our reach:

English
Social Media followers: 65,000+
Substack subscribers: 19,600 with an open-rate of 30-40%

Multilingual
Social Media followers: 23500+
Substack subscribers: 5500 with 30-50% open rate

Bankless Africa:
Podcast: 30,000 all time downloads @ 300 - 400 listens/episode
Newsletter - 350 subs with 30-50% open rate

Please list the critical milestone(s) that should be tracked to determine if you should receive your grant in one year:

Here is our coordinated plan for how this content will be distributed.

Here is an estimate target we have set for 3 months, our goal is to go beyond this as well , but setting a realistic target in the proposal.

Approach BD Baseline OP Target Number of daysPhases 1-2-3
Social media (English) 25% → 45%engagement 35% → 55%engagement 90 days (July-August-September)
Social media (IMN) 15% → 35%engagement 20% → 50% engagement 90 days (July-August-September)
Bankless AfricaNewsletter 15% → 25% open rate 20% → 30% open rate 90 days (July-August-September)
Bankless Africa podcast 150 av/download/ep 200 av/download/ep 90 days (July-August-September)
L2 Newsletter 15% → 30% open rate 20% → 35%Open rate 90 days (July-August-September)
IMN Newsletter (Translation of L2 NL) 20% → 40% open rate 25% → 45% open rate 90 days (July-August-September)

How should Token House delegates measure progress towards this Mission:

Benchmark Milestone 1:

2 Newsletters (English): 30th June
Multilinguals:7th August

2 Articles (English) : 1st August
Multilinguals: 10th August

2 Podcasts: 1st August

10 Social Media posts: 1st August

1 AMA: 1st August

Benchmark Milestone 2

2 Newsletters (English): 16th Sept
Multilinguals: 26th Sept

2 Articles (English): 16th Sept
Multilinguals: 26th Sept

2 Podcasts: 16th Sept

10 Social Media posts: 16th Sept

1 AMA: 16th Sept

How should badge holders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?

KPI 1: Number of Views

KPI 2: Number of clicks on CTA

Breakdown of Mission budget request:

Type Multiplier Cost per item (OP) Total
Twitter threads 5 180 900
Twitter thread [Translation] 60 45 2700
Tweets 5 25 125
Tweets [translation] 60 10 600
Newsletters (June-Sept) 4 1250 5000
Newsletters [Translation] 48 350 16800
Africa Newsletter/Publication + Socials 5 1200 6000
Africa Podcast + Socials 3 1500 4500
AMA + Socials 2 650 1300
Linkedin Article 2 200 400
Carousel 4 90 360
Reel 4 90 360
Bankless Pub(BP) 3 1250 3750
BP [translation] + marketing 36 350 12600
Total 55,395
Type Contributor Total
Campaign Coordinator Eren 4000
IMN OPS Coordinator Anaphant 1500
Bankless Publishing and Newsletter Coordinator Trewkat 1500
Bankless Africa coordinator Abidemi 1500
Accounting and reporting Several 1500
Miscelleneous/ buffer 5000
Total 15,000
Grand Total 70,395

*Compensation for our reach is not included in the budget, we have only applied for sufficient funds to cover the time of our contributors. We will submit a report on the engagement and reach that our content has generated for RPGF3

FAQ:

• What are multipliers?

Multipliers are the number of times the base content type is produced in each language.

• How many languages are included in the budget?

English, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Ukrainian, Turkish, Malayalam, Hungarian, Serbo-croatian, Pidgin have already been confirmed.

• What is included in the Miscellaneous/Buffer section?

Costs for extra languages such as German, Brasil, Bulgarian, Greek, Hindi, Tamil as well as overall coordination overhead and compensation for unexpected issues. New language nodes may also spin up that could want to join the campaign. Any unspent amount will be distributed between participating teams.

• How many people are involved in the delivery of this proposal?

We expect around 100 contributors to be involved from the DAO

I confirm that my grant will be subject to clawback for failure to execute on critical milestones: [Yes]

I confirm that I have read and understand the grant policies: [Yes]

I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: [Yes]

I understand that I will be expected to following the public grant reporting requirements outlined here: [Yes]

26 Likes

Here is a notion link to all the important relevant links for readers to verify.

5 Likes

Big fan of Bankless DAO, but could you clarify some of the budget breakdown as I may be misunderstanding. Overall ~100k OP for 100 contributors sounds pretty reasonable, but some of the costs per item seem pretty wild considering this line:

Compensation for our reach is not included in the budget, we have only applied for sufficient funds to cover the time of our contributors.

25 OP per tweet. I have never paid for, or worked in marketing, so maybe my estimations of how much those kinds of things ‘cost’ is just unrealistic, but that seems a lot of ‘money’ for a vary small amount of work. That’s over an hour and a half’s average pay in the UK, for a tweet?

Please correct me if I’ve read this wrong. And please don’t read this as dismissive of the whole proposal, it might still be a good use of funds (maybe), I’m just querying the specific line costs!

4 Likes

Happy to help any Bankless Proposal, diversity and inclusion, also is needed for very country and language :smiley:

3 Likes

Hey!
We have taken into account the time of one contributor to research and write a tweet as well as an independent reviewer to read and approve it. At USD 50/hr, 25 OP is 30 mins of work which is usually the time it takes to run this process.
The real value of BanklessDAO content is that not only does it have reach, and an organic native web3 audience, is that: THROUGH WORK the DAO is helping insert hundreds of folks into the web3 ecosystem by using their skills Final cost = reach + writing + coordination.
Here is a link to how one contributor joined Arbitrum Foundation after starting at BanklessDAO.

6 Likes

Really cool to see Ana as a benchmark of someone that evolved through communities :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you for this proposal that reflects a professional approach to content planning, development and marketing. Love the transparency here, multilingual inclusiveness and the opportunity to collaborate with Bankless DAO’s skilled content creators and leverage your existing audience reach to raise awareness for the Optimistic Vision. This presents to me as a good investment of time and resources.

As a proponent of objective, quantifiable, content performance measures more granular KPIs would provide a valuable reference point to assess how content performance changes across different phases and approaches. Can you set a baseline, and indicate minimum campaign performance targets to report against end-of-season? I’d like to see performance data reported at least for each phase by channel, aggregate and averages are helpful but ideally basic metrics for each [linked] content piece (7 or 30 Days)

Example: Performance Bankless DAO Baseline + Optimism Campaign Target + Campaign Reporting

Approach Phase BD Baseline OP Target Actual (x Days)
Email Open Rate 1 30%
Email CTR 1 15%
Socials [Channel] Engagement 1 5%
Socials Link Clicks 1 10k
Articles CTR 1 - %
2 Likes

The real value of BanklessDAO content is that not only does it have reach, and an organic native web3 audience, is that: THROUGH WORK the DAO is helping insert hundreds of folks into the web3 ecosystem by using their skills

Sure, I’m not disputing that at all. I followed the DAOPunks project to onboard people to working in DAOs and regularly point newbies in crypto to the Bankless Academy, which is an excellent resource that you lot have put together. You definitely don’t need to sell me on the contributions of your DAO!

Final cost = reach + writing + coordination.

That makes a lot more sense than:

we have only applied for sufficient funds to cover the time of our contributors

2 Likes

Hey!
Your input is highly appreciated, and I fully agree that incorporating quantifiable metrics is essential in order to assess the effectiveness of the campaign we have designed. This campaign is characterized by its dynamic nature, encompassing various elements such as social media, podcasts, and newsletters in multiple languages.

I have taken your suggestions into account and made the necessary updates to the proposal. In addition, I am attaching the updated table below for your convenience:

Thank you and please let me know if you have any further recommendations or if there is anything else I can assist you with.

4 Likes

Thank you ser!
The worldwide representation of members within BanklessDAO plays a pivotal role in setting us apart from others and contributes to the distinctiveness of our content.

Should you have any further inquiries or require additional information, please fell free to reach out .

3 Likes

Hi @Eren_Targ5! Wanted to make sure you were aware of the Optimism Season 4 Pitching Sessions to help find the 4 delegate approvals you’ll need by this Wednesday at 19:00 GMT for your proposal to move to a vote.

These sessions are happening in Discord on Monday, 26.06 2pm ET / 6pm GMT / 8pm CET and Tuesday, 27.06 11am ET / 3pm GMT / 5pm CET.

You can sign-up here!

2 Likes

I am one of the Synthetix Ambassadors, and a Optimism Badgeholder. I am an Optimism delegate [Delegate Commitments - #65 by mastermojo ] with sufficient voting power, & I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

3 Likes

I like the vision and appreciate the helpful breakdown of the proposal. However, the amount requested of 96.6k OP feels very steep, is there any flexibility on this?

3 Likes

This is a great idea!

2 Likes

Hi @lavande ,
Yes I am aware of the pitching sessions and have signed up for Tuesday 11am ET.

2 Likes

Thank you @Lizardbrain !

1 Like

Thank you linda, these are good questions.

• Can you please help us understand what analysis can point to the fact that this ask is steep? Afaik, there is no marketing group which offers content in 10+ languages which is marketed to subscribers and not only translated and posted online, but happy to be proven wrong

• The ask not only includes marketing, but also teaching new members how to create content and ultimately onboard them to web3 which is how we educate newbies about crypto and DAOs, these members ultimately go on to hold positions at different protocols and foundations which create a net positive result for the ecosystem as a whole.

• Despite these, if you still think the ask is high, what would you suggest the ask to be instead.

2 Likes

Hey Eren, I also feel like the ask is too high for the marketing activities stated here. I would say something closer to 60k OP would make more sense.

5 Likes

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power , and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

5 Likes

Thank you @Griff ! Appreciate the confidence in us

2 Likes