[READY TO VOTE] Hosting "Optimism Unleashed" event at EthCC 2024

> Original post here

Delegate Mission Request Summary:
ā€œOptimism Unleashedā€ at EthCC 2024 is a one-day event designed to immerse the Ethereum community in the world of Optimism, showcasing its latest advancements through workshops, talks, and networking sessions. This event, live-streamed for global accessibility, aims to educate and inspire, fostering a deeper understanding and engagement with Optimism within web3.

S5 Intent Please list the Intent your Request aligns with here:
Intent 2 - Grow the Superchain

Proposing Delegate:
polynya

Proposal Tier:
Applications must be submitted by teams at the Fledging Tier.

Baseline grant amount:
10k OP

Should this Foundation Mission be fulfilled by one or multiple applicants:
One

Submit by:
To be set by Grants Council

Selection by:
To be set by Grants Council

Start date:
Q2 2024

Completion date:
End of EthCC (11 July 2024)

Specification

How will this Delegate Mission Request help accomplish the above Intent?

Hosting ā€˜Optimism Unleashedā€™ during EthCC 2024, a major Ethereum conference, plays a crucial role in advancing Intent #2ā€™s goal of growing the Superchain.

• Highlighting Optimism: The event puts Optimism and its collective in the spotlight, attracting attention from both on-site attendees and a worldwide online audience.
  • Educational Value: There will be speakers who know Optimism inside out, ready to teach and engage the audience about its features and benefits.
  • Networking Hub: Itā€™s a great place for people to meet, exchange ideas, and build connections, strengthening the Optimism Collective.

What is required to execute this Delegate Mission Request?

Event Details:

• Date: One day during EthCC 2024 (July 8-11, 2024)
  • Location: A strategically chosen venue in Brussels, close to the main EthCC event. The selected venue will have the capacity to comfortably host at least 100 people, ensuring an inclusive and spacious environment for attendees.
  • Venue: The chosen venue should be a high-end conference center or a private event space that exudes elegance and professionalism to ensure it is not just another run-of-the-mill location but one that will leave a lasting impression.
  • Format: A blend of keynote speeches, interactive workshops, panel discussions, and networking sessions.
  • Speakers: A lineup of prominent figures in the Ethereum and Optimism communities, including developers, innovators, and thought leaders.
  • Audience: Ethereum developers, enthusiasts, investors, and media representatives.
  • Complimentary Offerings: Free access, drinks, finger foods, and e.g barbecue for all attendees.

Live Streaming:
To maximize impact and inclusivity, the entire event should be professionally live-streamed. The goal is to reach those unable to attend in person, spreading the Optimistic vision to a broader audience worldwide.

Budget and Resources:

• Venue rental and setup costs.
  • Operational and logistical expenses.
  • Production costs for live streaming.
  • Marketing and promotional materials.

How should the Token House measure progress towards this Mission?

• Event Delivery: Successfully host and complete the ā€˜Optimism Unleashedā€™ event as scheduled.
  • Registered people: Track the number of people who registered to the event (e.g. through lu.ma)
  • Attendee Count: Track the number of attendees at the event, including those claiming POAPs.
  • Live Stream Execution: Ensure the event is successfully live-streamed to an online audience.

How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?
To measure the impact of the ā€˜Optimism Unleashedā€™ event for Citizensā€™ House badgeholders, focus on:

1. POAPs Claimed: Count the total POAPs claimed, indicating attendee engagement.
  2. Live Stream Impressions: Track total views and interactions of the live stream, showing online reach.
  3. Speaker Count: Tally the number of speakers, reflecting the eventā€™s content depth.

Have you engaged a Grant-as-a-service provider for this Mission Request?
If so, please disclose the details of this arrangement, to the extent possible.
No.

Has anyone other than the Proposing Delegate contributed to this Mission Request?

9 Likes

I am an Optimism Delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

2 Likes

I would like to inquire if the Optimism Foundation has a plan in place for EthCC this year and their perspectives/opinions on this Mission Request. I am wondering if coordination/communication would be a problem or duplication of efforts.

cc: @lavande

5 Likes

echoing @Joxes comment, if OP Foundation is not planning on doing something similar I am happy to support this.

3 Likes

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

Going to wait on this as well

Hello everyone, I have asked @lavande on Discord and we should get some news from the foundation soon:

2 Likes

Hello! Nice to meet you! Iā€™m Amanda, just recently joined Optimism to support marketing efforts. We do not plan to show up with a high touch effort, although we may be supporting partners by providing supplemental support for their activations. I wanted to make sure you have the info you need, also plz feel free to send me a note if you have any additional Qs.

2 Likes

Hey @MaximeServais ā€“ just wanted to flag this as a proposal that still needs delegate approvals in order to move to a vote. If you are no longer interested in pursuing this proposal ā€“ please disregard this message. In order to see the delegates assigned to your proposal those can be found here. The deadline to provide feedback and approvals for Mission Requests is February 7th at 19:00

Cheers!

Iā€™m an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal should move to a vote.

Even though this mission request seems to be a bit specific on its scope and almost tailor-made for a specific initiative, in my opinion itā€™s still open-ended enough to allow for different organizers to apply for this with their mission proposals.

However it is worth mentioning that this will fall under buildersā€™ grants category and will be subject of a 1yr token lock, so any potential mission proposer should take this into account (all expenses will have to be covered by them and any reimbursement will only happen after the token unlock next year).

Thanks for the heads up!

@chaselb @OPUser @Joxes this proposal is still missing one top 100 delegate approval to move to a vote.

1 Like

Boosting marketing efforts for the bull run (:crossed_fingers:), is just a good idea.

Iā€™m an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote!

chuck noris

Very much in favor, and as itā€™ll happen in my home city Iā€™m happy to get my hands in and help make it happen.

Iā€™m an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal should move to a vote.

1 Like

Like this proposal. And would be happy to help any team that takes on the mission.

I am an Optimism delegate with sufficient voting power and I believe this proposal is ready to move to a vote.

2 Likes

The Grants Council has opened early submissions as an Indication of Interest for this mission request here

For your application to be considered, the Mission request must pass the Token House vote on February 14th. Submissions will not be considered if a Mission Request is not approved on the 14th.

1 Like