S4 Intent: Intent 4 - governance accessibility
Proposed Mission: The Optimists Thriving Guide (un)Conference: A Co-created week long event gathering voices from the ecosystem.
Proposal Tier: Ember
Baseline grant amount: 21,000 OP
*Besides the 21,000 OP, we are requesting ideas and cocreators from the ecosystem who want to present, demo, and talk within the Optimism Foundation, OP Labs, and the Optimism Collective along the way. We will facilitate and also pull in from the experts.
% of total available Intent Budget: 0.7%
Please check here if access to upfront capital is a barrier to completing your Mission and you would like to be considered for a small upfront cash grant: Yes
Alliance name: Content Guild
Alliance Lead: Gaia Dadabit
L2 recipient address: oeth:0x8B59900dE08F39f6f547EACB94a79a8847AFE22D
Please list the members of your Alliance and link to any previous work:
- Cool horse Girl admin, comms event curation, and hosting
- Gaia Dadabit - admin, event curation, and hosting
- Pedro Parrachia Content, event curation, and hosting
- Emma - community and article club sessions
- Frisson - admin, marketing strategy
- Naomi - Content, event curation, and hosting
- Kyler - admin, Comms, event curation and hosting
- Tommy - visuals, podcast and marketing
Please explain how this Mission will help accomplish the above Intent:
A vibrant and engaging conference will be organized around the most sought-after topics, ensuring participants’ interests are at the forefront.
- curated around the tropics of governance, regenerative finance public goods
- fostering a sense of unity
- and serving as a platform for community-driven discussions (unconference).
Additionally, the events will leave a lasting impact by creating on-demand content that can be accessed anytime.
Our alliance will organize, facilitate and deliver the conference, unconference and content.
What makes your Alliance well-suited to execute this Mission?
All our members have been doing content, community, and gatherings for several ecosystems.
How should Token House delegates measure progress towards this Mission?
All work items will be posted publicly, merging accountability with engagement and embodying the spirit of building in public. Preparations include:
- Plan for the work
- A notion page dedicated to the event
- A Miro board that drives
- Crm for the event
- Schedule for the event
- Content Index
- Content pieces sent out from Content guild and readyy sent out Optimism Collective.
- A full list of all content on https://optimism.mirror.xyz/
- A library of on demand post event content to be hosted on Optimism channels
Please list the critical milestone(s) that should be tracked to determine if you should receive your grant in one year:
Critical Milestone: All deliverables completed by November 20th, including:
- Benchmark 1 - Plan of execution by July 20th, 2023
- Benchmark 2 - Speakers and Schedule is ready by August 20th, 2023
- Benchmark 3 - Execution of the event by week commencing September 4th, 2023
- Benchmark 4 - Post content is ready by Season Finale.
How should badge holders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?
Breakdown of Mission budget request:
- Admin: planning & preparation of the events 3000
- Comms: Reach out to the ecosystem, public content, and communication 3000
- Post-production of sound, video, and written content 5000
- Facilitation on the week 10000
I confirm that my grant will be subject to clawback for failure to execute on critical milestones: Yes.
I confirm that I have read and understand the grant policies: Yes
I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: Yes
I understand that I will be expected to follow the public grant reporting requirements outlined here: Yes