Delegate Mission Request Summary:
Develop a grants supertracker for transparency within the Optimism Collective, the OP Chains, and the Superchain.
S5 Intent Please list the Intent your Request aligns with here: #4 - Governance Accessibility
Proposing Delegate: SEED Latam delegation team
Proposal Tier: Ember
Baseline grant amount: 10,000 OP
Should this Foundation Mission be fulfilled by one or multiple applicants: one
Submit by: To be set by Grants Council
Selection by: To be set by Grants Council
Start date: ASAP
Completion date: Likely to be in 3 months
How will this Delegate Mission Request help accomplish the above Intent?
Grants are one of the most valuable resources the Collective has to attract builders to the Optimism ecosystem and the Superchain. This mission would allow the entire Collective to track and control information in one place in an orderly and standardized manner.
Several grants trackers have been created, to name a few: Grant3, Optimism Grants Changelog, Grants Council Roundups. Each of these efforts has done a great job in making access to information more accessible to anyone interested.
With a supertracker that aggregates the key pieces of the above examples, a tool can be created that will become the definitive standard for tracking grants both within the OP Mainnet and in the future, in the different chains that make up the Superchain (Base, Zora, PGN, Mode Network, etc.).
What is required to execute this Delegate Mission Request?
- List and compile all information about grants delivered to date (distributed on the Governance forum, Dune Dashboards created by the OP Labs analytics team, information from the Grants Council, and Optimism’s Foundation public issues [RFP]). Important: Open/public grants from OP Chains that make up the Superchain should also be included if they are available at the time this mission is executed.
- Design a standardized data format that is easy to understand for the entire Collective:
- Basic info of the project.
- Link to the grant proposal.
- What will the funds be used for, and what will be built/developed?
- Amount of OP requested.
- Date of delivery of funds (if available).
- Link to the trx of receipt (if available).
- Status of work i.e.: In progress, finished.
- Result of work i.e.: link functional website.
- Create an easy-to-navigate interface.
- Access to data collected from the research phase in the form of a visualizer.
- Updated governance calendars for different types of grants.
- Allow grantees to upload additional info regarding the management of their grant.
How should the Token House measure progress towards this Mission?
Launching of the frontend: open for the whole Collective, with basic info about grant programs, and governance calendar.
Progress report: biweekly sharing of research and frontend progress, receiving feedback, and adapting the work based on these suggestions to incorporate improvements in the development.
Complete and reliable information: aggregation of all information regarding grants for OP Mainnet & OP Chains (by example, Base, Zora, PGN, Mode Network, etc).
How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?
- Frontend maintenance after final delivery.
- Positive testimonials from community members, delegates, and badgeholders.
- Monthly active users using the frontend.
- Number of mentions referencing frontend data on social media or the governance forum by delegates/badgeholders.
Have you engaged a Grant-as-a-service provider for this Mission Request?
Has anyone other than the Proposing Delegate contributed to this Mission Request? If so, who, and what parts of this application did they contribute to?