S5 grantee: x23.ai - governance summariser + chatbot

G’day everyone. We’re one of the awarded grantees for the AI Assistance for governance mission in Season 5.

We’ll use this topic thread to post updates and seek feedback for what we’re building.

In summary, we want to help delegates and community members quickly and easily participate in Optimism governance. We’re doing this by creating both a chatbot (i.e. assistant) and a summary of governance.

The initial beta versions are now available and are open to the public! :partying_face:

Governance summariser ‘newsfeed’

• This is a newsfeed of activity covering all discourse (i.e. governance) forum activity, and pull requests activity from optimism and docs repo under the github owner ethereum-optimism.
  • We also have historic discussions, summaries of the above code repos, and historic snapshot proposals.

Governance Assistant / Bot

• Our assistant covers all of the same data in the newsfeed and is pretty good at surfacing and understanding timely information

These products are still in beta so there are still some issues and bugs that we are resolving. However in their current form, they are ‘good enough’ to quickly get up to date on what’s happening in Optimism governance.

Our roadmap of improvements for the next versions include:

• expanding coverage to onchain proposals and votes in Agora
  • expanding coverage to static but authoritative / official information, e.g. from an official FAQ, website, etc.

We’d love to hear from the community on what can be improved, what features you’d like to see, and of course any bugs you might find! Feel free to post here or message me directly on telegram (make sure you mention this post).

5 Likes

Hello! very VERY interested in this tool. Happy to do hard testing every time you update it.

It would be nice if the bot could share the link to the resources used to provide the answer if requested.

Finally I don’t know why but this happened:

Maybe the bot it;s not ready to learn form us in telegram xD

1 Like

Thanks for testing, and great feedback!

We’ll work on making sure it can share links to resources. When references are available for the information it gives, it will be linked via the clickable :information_source: icon.

Also we found the bug that caused the error you saw. It has been solved now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

UPDATE:
We’ve dramatically increased the accuracy of the GovBot, so it should work much better if you previously tried it and weren’t satisfied with the response.
Ofc this is still in beta and active development, so please let us know if you find any bugs or areas of improvement.

You can access it by messaging the bot directly on Telegram @OptimismGovBot or using this link: Telegram: Contact @OptimismGovBot

3 Likes