S4 Intent 1: Spread Awareness of the Optimistic Vision
Proposed Mission: Proposal for Educational Series at Universities
Proposal Tier 16: Ember
Please verify that you meet the qualifications for submitting at the above Tier: I am a new community member that has not worked with or for the Optimism Collective before.
Baseline grant amount: 0 OP
% of total available Intent Budget: 0%
Please check here if access to upfront capital is a barrier to completing your Mission and you would like to be considered for a small upfront cash grant: Yes
Alliance name: DIY Blockchain Initiative
Alliance Lead: Stanford
Contact info: email@example.com
L2 recipient address: 0x890BCB6Aa6e8B67cA5FFeBCA56ea6EB4D8E083F1
Please list the members of your Alliance and link to any previous work:
- Stanford (professional educationist and blockchain advocate) - LinkedIn
Please explain how this Mission will help accomplish the above Intent:
- In other to spread awareness of the Optimistic Vision, this proposal aims to deliver the first in a series of educational workshops in select Universities across Africa.
- The purpose of these events is to onboard new users, developers, and partners who are passionate about the Optimistic Vision and values of the ecosystem.
- For this proposal, we will initially target students within the higher education sector across Nigeria.
The following are universities currently being considered for the Edu-series:
- University of Lagos
- University of Ibadan
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
What makes your Alliance well-suited to execute this Mission?
- Stanford - As a professional educationist, has a proven track record of creating engaging and informative content that resonates well with readers. For example, his written content has reached over 17 million users on a top U.S. education platform.
- He also has a combined experience of over 5 years in the web3 industry as a Quality Assurance Specialist, Project Ambassador, and Web3 Writer.
- It is also worth noting we would be very much happy to make considerations for possible collaboration that leads to the success of this mission.
Please list the critical milestone(s) that should be tracked to determine if you should receive your grant in one year:
Milestone 1: Workshop Planning and Preparation (End of July 2023)
By the end of July 2023, we will complete the following tasks:
- Develop a comprehensive workshop content and curriculum that covers key aspects of Optimistic Vision This will include specific modules and learning objectives.
- Finalize the selection of workshop venues and make necessary logistical arrangements.
- Secure any required equipment and technical support for a seamless workshop experience.
Milestone 2: Workshop Training (End of August 2023)
By the end of August 2023, we will accomplish the following:
- Conduct three weeks of workshop training sessions with a minimum of 100 attendees across the selected universities (University of Lagos, University of Ibadan, and Federal University of Technology, Minna).
- Provide recorded or live-streamed sessions of the workshops for wider accessibility and reach.
- Include other guest speakers with expertise in blockchain technology to contribute their insights and expertise to the events.
Milestone 3: Workshop Follow-up Report (Mid-September 2023)
In mid-September 2023, we will complete the following tasks:
- Publish a comprehensive workshop follow-up report evaluating the effectiveness of the workshops.
- Gather participant feedback through surveys and interviews to assess the impact and identify areas for improvement.
- Provide valuable insights and recommendations for future educational initiatives.
How should Token House delegates measure progress towards this Mission:
Milestone 1| End of July 2023
Release of comprehensive workshop content and curriculum
Milestone 2| End of August 2023
Achieve three weeks of workshop training
Milestone 3| Mid September 2023
Publish workshop follow-up report
Milestone 1: Workshop Planning and Preparation (2 Weeks)
Completion of this milestone involves designing and curating the workshop content and curriculum, ensuring it covers the key aspects of Optimistic blockchain technology. The milestone also accounts for venue rental and logistical arrangements to ensure a suitable environment for the workshop.
Milestone 2: Achieve three weeks of workshop training (3 weeks)
We are exploring options to provide recordings or live streaming of the entire workshops. Technical support and equipment for a seamless workshop experience are accounted for here. Also, other guest speakers with expertise in blockchain technology will contribute their insights and expertise to the event.
Milestone 3: Publish workshop follow-up report (1 weeks)
This milestone focuses on publishing a comprehensive follow-up report evaluating the workshop’s effectiveness and gathering participant feedback. This milestone ensures that the workshop’s objectives are met and provides valuable insights for future improvements.
How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?
- Number of attendees: 100+
- Workshops and content delivered
- Participant survey/interviews
- staking pool/time-lock smart contract
Breakdown of Mission budget request:
To drive protocol usage, our original plan was to incentivize workshop participants with OP tokens. However, we’ve decided not to use this approach for at least two reasons.
- The one-year lockup rule.
Mission grants are awarded in the form of OP governance tokens. These tokens will be locked for a period of one year (similar to Grants Council builder grants).
- The impact = profit principle.
Using this principle, we hope to be considered for RetroPGF if this mission is deemed impactful and then use portions of any funding received to incentivize workshop participants.
- Operating budget (requires USDC): 8,036 USDC
For a more detailed cost breakdown of the mission budget, please read the doc found here.
I confirm that my grant will be subject to clawback for failure to execute on critical milestones: Yes
I confirm that I have read and understand the grant policies: Yes
I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: Yes
I understand that I will be expected to following the public grant reporting requirements outlined here: Yes