Third OP Governance Call August 30th and Looking for Future Hosts!

Hi everyone, we have our third governance call scheduled for next Tuesday, August 30th at 10am PT/1pm ET, 7pm CET. The meeting details and agenda are below. The call is open to anyone in the OP Community to join. We will have a discussion segment for governance committees so it would be great to hear from some of the members in the proposed committees! @OPUser @MoneyManDoug @Gonna.eth @jackanorak @solarcurve @Joxes @MinimalGravitas @krzkaczor @lefterisjp @jrocki.bedrock

I put together a sign up sheet for anyone that would like to facilitate future calls here. Please sign up to host a call! I also put together a presentation template here for any host to use in the future :slight_smile:

Agenda

• Previous voting cycle
  • Current governance cycle
  • Upcoming governance cycle
  • Open Discussion - Governance Committees
    • Defi Committees A, B, C
    • Tooling
    • NFT and Gaming
  • Open Discussion - General

Meeting Info

Meeting ID: 964 3417 4431
Passcode: 368400

16 Likes

Thank you for all your hard work facilitating these Katie

3 Likes

Looking forward to the call!

Also, Iā€™m down to host the next one! I just requested access to the schedule. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome!! Just shared with you, thank you so much for being the first volunteer :smiley:

3 Likes

I have a reoccurring meeting each week at my day job that conflicts with the last half hour of our scheduled time or else I would 100% facilitate one

1 Like

More grease to your elbow :muscle:

Adding a few more

@linda @GFXlabs @Bobbay_StableLab @fig @mastermojo @ScaleWeb3 @ceresstation @Butterbum @FractalVisions

9 Likes

Looking forward to start it.

1 Like

Thanks Katie,
I will be joining the governance call tomorrow.

5 Likes

Feeling Optimisticā€¦!

2 Likes

Bullish on governance

3 Likes

Thank you to everyone that joined the third governance call! Topics discussed and the recording link are below. @Michael will be hosting the next call! If you would like to host a future call, you can sign up here.

Topics Discussed

• Participating in multiple governance committees
  • Should potential committee members abstain from voting on their own proposals and in their proposal category
  • Potential issues with employees on defi projects being on committees
  • What constitutes a conflict of interest
  • Do abstain votes go towards quorum vote
  • Issues with committees having too much voting power
  • Overall benefits of governance committees

Recording

Passcode: *0$.g2LK

7 Likes

Thanks for hosting the call, Katie. I had lots of fun & received much value. Hopefully with Michael taking over next time you have started an OP Governance rolling snowball!

2 Likes

Do abstain votes go towards quorum vote?

Per OP team

It is not specified exactly in the Operating Manual whether the ā€˜abstainā€™ vote is included in the quorum, but the final result is based only on ā€œFor/Againstā€ votes.
Most likely ā€˜Abstainā€™ votes are included in the quorum, but does not influence the results of the vote.

ā€˜Approval threshold: The minimum number of OP votes required to be cast in favor of approving a proposal. The approval threshold for each proposal is measured as % of votes cast to approve relative to the total number of votes cast in connection with a proposal.ā€™

Link Discord

4 Likes

images (1)~2

3 Likes

thank you for this ā€¦

2 Likes