OP Governance Call

Hello OP Community! A few of us were thinking that it would be beneficial to have a weekly/biweekly community governance call. In the call we would discuss previous governance polls, upcoming and current governance polls, proposal feedback and any relevant governance issues. It would also be an opportunity for community members to connect and have open discussions. I am happy to facilitate until someone else can take over.

First Call
Tuesday, August 2nd 10am PT/1pm ET, 7pm CET

Cadence
Biweekly

Agenda Template
Previous Voting Cycle Results
Current Voting Cycle
Upcoming Governance Cycle
Open Discussion - proposal feedback, governance issues and feedback, etc

Meeting ID: 964 3417 4431
Passcode: 368400

Please message me if you would like to be added to the agenda!

34 Likes

absolutely wee need this, I prefer Mondays and biweekly, also ordinary community members should be speakers in these meetings if they have something to say about related topics
I think there should be a registration form for these people and a quota also limited time,
all the best

3 Likes

Thanks for initiating this! I would prefer biweekly. I have another recurring meeting conflict on Monday so would prefer Tuesday but can occasionally skip it to make the call.

2 Likes

Completely agree, would likely be best to do this bi-weekly imo. Would love to catch up with everyone.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree :heart_eyes: it will be better for understanding each other.

2 Likes

As an anon, I won’t be participating in calls, however I hope they will be livestreamed on YouTube etc.

6 Likes

Just reposting from Discord, but we can set up a delegate call channel in Discord where you can do voice/video, and only delegates with the delegate role can talk. That way the whole community can watch, and chat live!

5 Likes

This sounds like a great idea. Both for growing a stronger community and also a more informed one.

Count me in, provided my schedule allows it.

I like the sound of a bi-weekly chat, maybe mid-week to keep the spirits high?

3 Likes

Biweekly calls (every two weeks) makes perfect sense. Setup a discord channel and invite the main delegators into it. Its like the wild west now and we need some framework; these discussions will help keep things organized.

3 Likes

This call would actually be open to anyone in the community. We could set up another call down the road that’s specific to delegates, but this would be a call be for anyone in the OP community to participate.

5 Likes

I think this is the best idea tbh, would you be able to set up that channel Vee?

2 Likes

the best idea thats good

2 Likes

Great idea. I’m very keen to attend and observe, and make it a regular & fixed spot in my calendar.
As with others I’d prefer biweekly, and my personal preference is Tuesdays.

I look forward to following this thread to see when details are released.
Cheers,
Axel

2 Likes

Indeed, the best idea

3 Likes

Bi-weekly is a good option as weekly might be too frequent for the community. As others have said, it would be great to have these uploaded to youtube.

A separate thread to record the bi-weekly community calls with youtube links and an agenda would be great too.

3 Likes

Sounds good, biweekly would be a lot easier for some that work alot

2 Likes

I’m all in for this!

2 Likes

Any update on this? Can a OP mod create a private thread in the discord and get this started. We can make the call to anyone, but only have folks with the delegate role speak.

Lets aim for August 2nd at 1pm est/10am PT/7pm CET for our first one?

3 Likes

Supportive of this idea. Legitimizes OP as a DAO and its commitment to token holders and the community.

Let’s get something on the book and stick with it - becomes extremely burdensome catering to individual schedules.

1 Like

I would prefer to have it open for anyone to speak, not just delegates. @vonnie610 mentioned they were going to create a discussion channel. I personally like the idea of a video/voice call. The start date of August 2nd with a biweekly cadence works well. I updated the details below. We need someone to create a Zoom link and facilitate the call. I’m happy to do it if there are no other takers.

Date/Time:
August 2nd 10am PT/1pm ET/7pm CET

Cadence
Biweekly

Proposed Agenda
Previous governance poll results
Upcoming governance cycle
Current governance cycle
Proposal feedback
Governance issues
Open discussion

5 Likes