First OP Governance Call August 2nd

We have our first OP Governance Call scheduled! The time is August 2nd at 10am PT/1pm ET, 7pm CET and will be biweekly. The meeting details and agenda are below. The call is open to anyone in the OP Community to join. I will facilitate until someone else can take over. Please reach out to me if you would like to be added to the agenda. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Agenda
Previous Voting Cycle #3 Results
Current Voting Cycle #4
Upcoming Governance Cycle
Open Discussion - proposal feedback, governance issues and feedback, etc

Meeting Info

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 964 3417 4431
Passcode: 368400

13 Likes

Hey @katie

Could you share the link to add this meeting to the calendar? I don’t wanna forget it :rofl::pray:

1 Like

Here you go! Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Weekly: https://zoom.us/meeting/tJIpdO2pqT8uGdVO-kmr8EsbBoSCx0YU-aqf/ics?icsToken=98tyKuCuqjguG9ORtBqGRowABojCLOvwtilbjadrs1LuDjILRxD0FO1xEaovKe2d

1 Like

Hi Katie, thanks for being proactive and setting this up. Just to clarify though, 10am PST is 7 pm CET I think, rather than ‘5’. I hope so anyway so that it can be after I finish work!

2 Likes

Yes, sorry! Updated!

1 Like

Hey katie. Thanks for organizing this! So this is going to be biweekly starting next Tuesday? I hope to be able to attend, though after 18:30 (I am in CET) it’s family time for me so may be hard to get in calls at 19:00. But will see!

1 Like

Wonderful! Yes, the calls will start next Tuesday then take place on Tuesdays every other week. I totally understand family commitments, I will make sure the call is recorded. Hope to see you there!

3 Likes

Thanks for organizing this Katie! I have a weekly full team sync at 1pm ET on Tuesdays so I won’t be able to attend, but hoping the call goes well.

If we can ensure it’s recorded and made available afterwards that’d be amazing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Definitely! I will share the recording after the call :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad to be here :slight_smile:

Great initiative @katie

1 Like

Thank you all for joining the very first OP Governance call!
A short summary of issues discussed is below. The recording will be posted shortly.

Delegate office hours
Voting committees based on areas of interest and expertise (being worked on)
More detailed proposal template for projects (being worked on)
Gap between voting rounds
Moderation in Discord and Forum
Foundation’s role in governance
Delegate compensation
Delegate approval process
Use of funds differing from purpose in proposal
How project funds are granted based on milestones
Locking proposal editing after going to Snapshot
Cap on proposal amounts

4 Likes

That was really awesome I thought - another point I just thought of - how helpful was an hour chat on video compared to 2 months of text discussion? From my perspective quite a bit of clarity was gained in that single hour… just wanted to share that. Very glad you coordinated this! :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle:

1 Like

Hey Katie, any idea when the call recording will be made available?

Cheers.

4 Likes

Thanks for putting it together @katie

Great conversations.

Looking forward to the next one!

2 Likes

Here you go!

7 Likes