Presenting Optimism Español team, mission, vision and objectives.
Optimism Español is an open and collaborative community dedicated to promoting the adoption of Optimism by sharing information about its technology, ecosystem and governance processes in Spanish. Our goal is to reach all LATAM citizens and Spanish speakers in general, so they can learn about the benefits of this Ethereum scalability solution.
We first started with translations in Mirror, creation of original content, Twitter Spaces, and constant activity on the Optimism Discord server, specifically in the channel dedicated to Spanish language speaking. Step by step we grew and took a more active role trying to represent the values of the Optimism Collective in the Spanish-speaking community.
At the ETHLATAM conference in Bogota, Colombia (one day before DEVCON VI), where over 1800 people attended, we gave a workshop, talked about governance in a panel and spent the whole day at a stand representing Optimism’s values, capturing the attention of the people who attended the event.
We also took the Optimism Vision to BITCONF in Buenos Aires, where we spoke about the Optimism Collective and the governance system in front of more than 50 people.
We not only organize face-to-face events, but also virtual events such as the workshop for developers with WakeUpLabs, where +20 developers attended during 3 classes. Soon we will upload the metrics of the workshop.
During this time we have done a lot of activities, preaching the Optimistic Vision, both virtually and in person. You can see much of our work in this RPGF2 post here and in the 2022 recap posted by @nico here.
On March 30, 2023 under RFPG2 we received retroactive funding totaling 45.9k OP tokens thanks to the badgeholder vote. This gave us a lot of joy and we felt the support of the global Optimistic community.
This funding allowed us to reward our contributors and build a strong team to move forward with our mission and vision: Preaching the Optimistic vision.
The funds received via RFPG2 allowed us not only to consolidate the team, but also to add new contributors and roles. It also allowed us to organize a long and medium term plan. Below we will detail the constitution of the team, expenses, mission, vision, our relationship with SEED Latam and our future plans.
Introducing the team and roles:
- Team leader: @Pumbi
- Research: @Hirooo
- Translations and Communications: @CryptoBlondynka
- Community Manager: @et_2244
- Graphic Design: @0xLocoPacha
- External Contributor: @AxlVaz
Some contributors prefer to remain anonymous and we respect their position.
We understand that the RFPG2 funds were retroactive, but we decided to only give a reward to our contributors (this was agreed upon) and planned a strategy for the future, setting up monthly payments to contributors. Also, we will periodically upload reports on our work and expenses. We want to be transparent with governance and show results. This is what we have preached from the beginning and we will continue along these lines, demonstrating that our commitment to Optimisim and LATAM is long-term.
- Official Multisig Optimism Spanish 5/2
- Optimism Español Delegation Gonna multisig 5/2
- Optimism Español Delegation Brichis multisig 5/2
- Optimism Español Delegation Olimpio multisig 5/2
- Optimism Español Delegation Joxes multisig 5/2
- Retroactive payment to contributors:
- 2390 OP
- Payment of salaries June:
- 2257 OP
- Payment of July salaries:
- 3076 OP
- Payment of August salaries:
- 2693 OP
- Payment of September salaries:
- 2523 OP
- Payment of October Salaries:
- 2360 OP
- Payment Sponsors Governance Day (Side event Eth Argentina):
- 337 OP
- Payment Notion platform - July:
- 45 OP
- Payment Stickers (Side event Eth Argentina):
- 12 OP
- Payment Notion platform - August:
- 75 OP
- Payments Notion plarform and servers - September:
- 66 OP
- Purchase - ETH Sepolia (Workshop #CodigOptimista) - October:
- 10 OP
- Payment Notion platform - October:
- 23 OP
We make available to any member of the community the invoices of the expenses that provide us with the invoices:
For privacy, security and physical integrity reasons we do not detail the exact amount charged by each contributor. However, we believe in transparency and therefore we provide the treasury address and monthly payment costs to the contributors, so that anyone with sufficient knowledge can make an on-chain analysis and verify if there have been any strange movements or theft of funds.
We have identified some key points on which we will focus our efforts, based on our mission and vision:
To be the point of contact and onboarding in LATAM for Optimism, its Foundation and its Governance.
What kind of content will we create?
- Video and animated content where we will explain technical concepts such as Bedrock, the OP Stack and Superchain.
- On-demand Twitter Spaces to discuss important Optimism Foundation announcements.
- Articles and content about RPGF and Account Abstraction
- Translations of official Optimism and OPLabs documentation
What initiatives and/or alliances will we pursue?
- Alliance with @Subli_Defi The Optimistic Newsletter, an OP Ambassador to translate their content into Spanish and achieve a wider reach (Live).
- Generate alliances with OP-based tooling tools, such as Boardroom or Flipside to invite them to Tw Spaces and create relevant content.
- Workshops related to developers with native Optimism builders.
What strategy will we pursue with respect to governance?
- Establish relationships with other LATAM delegates that are aligned with our mission and consequently with the mission of the Optimism Foundation.
- Generate educational material so that more people and teams can easily access governance funding.
- Onboarding teams of developers to apply for council grants and missions
- Attend governance calls
While these are our main objectives to achieve, we may iterate over time. If we see that we can achieve greater impact we will reprioritize the objectives.
Optimism Español was born out of SEED Latam and from the beginning has closely followed the @Joxes delegation. Currently, we have decided to adopt a more neutral stance and become autonomous in order to broaden our vision.
Does this mean that we are separating from SEED Latam?
No, we continue to be part of the SEED Latam ecosystem as an aligned community. Optimism Español will continue to work and collaborate with SEED Latam as it has to date, but it will have its own roadmap built by its members and we will also carry out both joint and separate activities.
Optimism Español is an independent, non-profit community that works to promote the adoption of Optimism by disseminating information and organizing events. We do not receive funding from any institution nor do we monetize our content. All material generated will always be public and available to everyone, and anyone can collaborate with us. Our communication is neutral and seeks to bring more users and developers closer to Optimism.
Our next step is to be more present in the forum and show our growth with reasonable metrics, supporting other teams and communities so they can nourish themselves with the Optimism Vision.
If you have any questions or doubts, you can contact us through Twitter or any of our contributors.