Grants Council Reviewer Nominations: Season 5

Hi @Srijith

It’s essential to select a subcommittee to provide clarity to the Token House about the specific role you want to have. More on this here:

4 Likes

Thanks @Gonna.eth for pointing it out, I have made the edit.

2 Likes

Grants Council Self-Nomination Template

Council sub-committee: Growth Experiments

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment: Optimism Agora

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: (voting power can be referenced here ) <%0.01

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: (You may link to your profile on Karma , if applicable. If not, you can divide the number of Optimism votes under your Snapshot profile by 87, which is the number of Token House votes through Season 2, and add all possible votes from Agora.) Delegates of Optimism DAO

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: (You may link to your Snapshot and/or Agora profile for voting history. You may link to your delegate communication thread, or any other medium you use to communicate with your delegators, to share your voting rationale.) Voting history can be found here:

Please outline any other contributions to the Optimism ecosystem to date: Optimism Super Ambassador, founder of The Optimist media (weekly newsletter & Podcast), the unique media covering the OP Superchain.

Do you have a technical background? If so, please elaborate:
DEFI user: I’m intensively using DEFI as a personal tool for investment since 2 years now
Analyst: Fondamental analysis has always been my main source of research when exploring new defi protocols

Have you previously served on a Token House Council or committee? If so, please specify which: No

Please demonstrate any experience you believe is relevant to this role: I have been involved in the Optimism ecosystem since more than 18months now. Recently elected as Ambassador 1 year ago, and received a Growth Experiment grant for The Optimism on Cycle 11. I have also been covering all grantees, how they set up their grant proposal, how they used it, and how much users/tvl has been retained on OP Mainnet. I have also followed malicious use of the grant which is a disaster for the ecosystem and for the people who work hard. I’m also assisting projects on drafting their proposal, and too many are requesting a grant as a gift to deploy. The Growth experiment should be a catalyst to a project that already has a working product and requires more visbility among the Optimism community. And this is in this spirit that i’m applying to the Growth Experient committee.

Please demonstrate expertise relevant to your Council sub-committee: (if applicable)

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Governance Fund grant:
As stated previously, Grants are a catalyst to attract in a meaningful way users & TVL. It should be a catalyst to an already deployed & working product, that adds something to the ecosystem.
For example, there are plenty of lending protocols, but no Peer to Peer one. There are also too few stablecoins on OP Mainnet, RWA is not sufficiently present on OP Mainnet. ALl of this will be part of the next wave of liquidity that will flow into DEFI, and the purpose of the grant is to assist project to find product market fit & onboard the OP Community to be prepared to receive this amount of liquidity and generate revenue for the ecosystem.

What types of Mission Requests do you think will help achieve the Season 5 Intents?
Improve the consumer experience:
Smart wallet with gas/chain/account abstraction that can be used on Mobile phone
Onboard RWA projects on Optimism
Onboard More gaming on Optimism
Improve Governance accessibility: Build a Telegram/Discord bot to remind everyone about voting schedule

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest: In case The Optimist will apply for a growth grant during the next season, there will be a conflict of interest and will make sure to refrain my vote on this and follow strictly the code of conduct.

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct : YES

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5: YES

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations: Unfortunately no, and i prefer being transparent with my commitment. I understand that this could be a showstopper for my application and i will accept it. In any case, i will be able to allocate 10h/week.

5 Likes

Please keep your answers as concise as possible while conveying all relevant information.

Council sub-committee: (if applicable)

Experiments

Milestones and Metrics

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment:

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: (voting power can be referenced here 6)

N/A

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: (You may link to your profile on Karma 3, if applicable. If not, you can divide the number of Optimism votes under your Snapshot profile by 87, which is the number of Token House votes through Season 2, and add all possible votes from Agora.)

This is my public hot wallet. I have other alt accounts with 100% voting participation.

https://optimism.karmahq.xyz/profile/eurom.eth#statement

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: (You may link to your Snapshot and/or Agora profile for voting history. You may link to your delegate communication thread, or any other medium you use to communicate with your delegators, to share your voting rationale.)

https://snapshot.org/#/profile/0x110B8b6717C4Da32d86A8D3ef78964d44f9D61F0

My opinions are scattered across social media. Going forward i will populate delegation thread in this forum.

Please outline any other contributions to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

• I conducted a meetup which was attended by 186 High-Networth Individuals (HNI’s) out of which 118 HNI’s bridged live to Optimism mainnet in South Africa. Since, I hail from financial markets with 16+ years of experience, I am able to leverage my network of high volume traders and investors to Optimism. These are first time Optimism users. These traders & investors are still active even in this bear market which is evident from their unique wallet activities. My team created a mini ecosystem for Optimism here at South Africa as well as in India.

• My onchain identity is of sterling quality. Here are the details:-
    1.) Regen score :- 2620
    (https://regenscore.vercel.app/share/0x110B8b6717C4Da32d86A8D3ef78964d44f9D61F0)
    2.) EAS Attestation :-
    (https://optimism.easscan.org/address/0x110B8b6717C4Da32d86A8D3ef78964d44f9D61F0)
    3.) Gitcoin Passport score:- 56

• Multiple praises on “PRAISE BOT” testifies my relentless hardwork for Optimism.

• I have done thousands of transactions along with providing huge liquidity which is verifiable on-chain.

• I have supported the Optimism ecosystem as co-grant donor and have donated to more than 125
    projects building on Optimism ecosystem through OP Co-grant, Gitcoin, Octant and Giveth.

• Active and diligent participation to OP governance through 100% voting till date.

• Spreading the word about Optimism in Investor community and creating interest to explore globally
    through perpetual trading, governance participation and protocol use.

I was a Senior Grants Reviewer for Polygon for over a year (from scratch to sunsetting). My understanding on technical background with respect to reviewing grants is the knowledge of understanding the entire spectrum of cryptospace. I am not a developer or a coder but I understand the dynamic structure of web3 that helps me in evaluating project’s needs. My reviews were highly valued from ecosystem and business perspectives for impact, leverage and ecosystem growth for public goods as well since I hail from financial markets with 16+ years of experience. I understand Defi at expert level since i am a market maker, arbitrageur, hedger, delta trader and a fund manager.

Have you previously served on a Token House Council or committee? If so, please specify which:

Not as of now. But will surely join in coming days.

Please demonstrate any experience you believe is relevant to this role:

• I was a Senior Grants Reviewer for Polygon for over a year (from scratch to sunsetting) and had an opportunity to review in total of 1200 proposals (average of 75-90 proposals a month) disbursing cash grants to the tune of >2.5 million $ along with triple the value in non-cash components.
  • Reviewing applications to determine whether they meet the stated criteria for the grants program.
  • Mentoring and hand-holding Junior Grants Reviewers.
  • Understanding the needs of applicants to determine eligibility and need for services.
  • Evaluating each applicant’s proposal against the stated criteria and scoring it accordingly.
  • Reviewing an applicant’s financial records to determine whether they are able to support themselves.
  • Making recommendations to the Dao on which applications should be funded.
  • Communicating with applicants to provide additional information on their applications or to answer questions about the application process.
  • Recommend the range of financial grant that can be provided after careful scrutiny.
  • Recommend the range of non-financial support along with monetary grant (if applicable) that is useful for the grantee and ecosystem.
  • Being a senior grant reviewer and my skills of risk management, risk mitigation, quantum, applicability, impact, sustainability and beyond. These skills worked as a great combination to evaluate projects keeping in mind the goal and purpose. My background being 16+ years as Professional Market Marker, Arbitrageur in stock markets and 8+ years in web3.
  • My expertise of attention to details, risk management, applicability, market reach and sustainability, impact evaluation with minutest details.

Please demonstrate expertise relevant to your Council sub-committee: (if applicable)

N/A

On grant funding specific to web3:- I believe in these 5 principles out of my experience as a Senior Grant Reviewer with Polygon: -

• Evaluating and assessing your grant recipients vulnerabilities during initial stages(MVP).
  • Enumerating short-term commitments (or long-term ones in short segments).
  • Formalisation of a suitably detailed grant arrangement.
  • Recommendations of an intermediary organization for expert services.
  • Realizing the limitations of grant compliance.

What types of Mission Requests do you think will help achieve the Season 5 Intents?

Creation of transparency and accountability for grant recipients and governance participants.

Initiatives to be taken to educate the broader community about Optimism governance and RetroPGF.

Concrete steps to increase the resiliency of core governance infrastructure.

One single portal with enhanced user-friendly interfaces to interact with governance programs.

Promoting and maintaining a welcoming governance community for wider participation.

Steps to educate the understandability of the governance system for new entrants.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest:

None

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct 4:

Yes, I agree to abide by the Code of Conduct.

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5:

Yes, I do understand that KYC will be required to receive Council rewards.

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations :

Yes, I will be able to commit 20 hours/week.

31 Likes

Council sub-committee:

• Milestones and Metrics

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you:

• 0.06%

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date:

• Voting Participation Rate: 93% (106/114 total proposals)

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared:

I possess skills in both Python & SQL (Dune, Flipside, Snowflake), specifically within the context of blockchain data analysis. However, I don’t have a ‘traditional’ technical background.

Have you previously served on a Token House Council or committee? If so, please specify which:
No, I’ve never served on a Token House Council or committee.

I’ve followed OP governance since day one, when I was tasked with assisting with the integration into Messari Governor & remained current with it as part of my job on the Governor team. During this time, I was able to observe the evolution of the Governance Fund, and more recently have become involved with grant tracking and analysis. This analysis began while I was still at Messari, then independently afterwards, and then as a contributor to the NumbNERDs program. The specific areas I have experience in that I believe could be valuable if applied in a Grants Council role are as follows:

• Data extraction/cleaning/reporting: Ability to navigate onchain data via Dune, Flipside, etc. to understand onchain actions by grant recipients. I also have the ability to clean this data and present in a digestible manner.
  • Research
    • DAO/Governance Research
  • Grant/incentive analysis: have done in-depth research and analysis on grant recipients, and what methods have been effective in previous grants.
  • Voted on grants as a delegate (before the grants council)
  • Ability to understand complex topics, and present them in a digestible manner.
  • Process automation: streamlining processes to make the team more efficient.

Please demonstrate expertise relevant to your Council sub-committee:
For the last 6 months, I’ve been diving deep into grant recipients from prior Token House grants (Season 1/2 recipients). My primary goals were to extract insights, capture the lessons learned, and progressively enhance the impact of future grant recipients by providing these resources. As the Grants Council transitions towards a milestone-based approach, I believe my experience with historical grant analysis can add valuable insights to the development of the approach. I’m excited to apply learnings from prior research and analysis to increase transparency within the Collective.

A good Governance Fund grant drives growth to the Collective. In this context, growth extends beyond attracting mercenary users, and should drive long-term engagement. This could include increasing governance participants, delegators, users, and more.

Further, a good Governance Fund grant has a plan of action, and is able to be implemented within a short period of receiving the OP funding. For example, if a protocol is proposing to deploy incentives, their distribution methodology and dependencies should be in place prior to the request for funding.

Finally, a good Governance Fund grant is positive-sum. The collective should not be paying for short-term protocol marketing, or short-term incentive programs without proper milestone tracking. The grant should have a clear value proposition that enables the community to determine RoI, and the grant should benefit the Collective as much or more than the underlying distributor.

I think the types of mission requests that will help achieve the Season 5 Intents include reputable teams building unique solutions to various issues, given the tools and resources that are available. For example, I’d love to see Mission Requests that take a creative approach towards applying attestations to increase UX.

• NumbaNERDs (Contributor)
  • Messari (Former Employer)

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct:
Yes, I agree to abide by the code of conduct.

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5:
Yes, I understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5.

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations:
Yes, I’m able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations

7 Likes

Please keep your answers as concise as possible while conveying all relevant information.

Council sub-committee: growth experiment

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment: Agora Profile

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: -

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: -

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: -

Please outline any other contributions to the Optimism ecosystem to date: I am a website developer at Site, focusing on creating content about Ethereum, Optimism, and its ecosystem.
I have won the first place in the Optimism Ambassadors Powered By Thrivecoin program, which can be seen at the link X Thank Optimism .
Additionally, I have built the Optimism Indonesia community and provided public education. You can find my article in Indonesian about OP here: Medium .
I am also an active translator in the eth.org project, and you can see my POAP here: POAP. Currently, I am expanding my experience in the optimism as badgeholder RPGF3 identify EAS And Bankless DAO, Bankless Academy project as a cohort member, designer, and translator.

Do you have a technical background? If so, please elaborate: During my career journey, I have played crucial roles in various crypto and blockchain projects.

Keyskills:

• High-quality content creation.
  • Strong connections within the blockchain community.
  • Effective communication and presentation.
  • Profound knowledge of blockchain and cryptocurrency.

Have you previously served on a Token House Council or committee? If so, please specify which: Optimism Badgeholder Citizen’s House

Please demonstrate any experience you believe is relevant to this role: I have a strong background in crypto and blockchain projects. I’ve also been actively involved in the Optimism community as a Community Member, Ambassador, and Badgeholder + Reviewer. I believe this experience prepares me well for the role on the Optimism Grant Council.

Please demonstrate expertise relevant to your Council sub-committee: bring community-focused expertise to the Council sub-committee. As an active member in the crypto and blockchain communities, my roles as an ambassador, Badgeholder, and community contributor have deepened my understanding of the importance of community growth and support for innovative projects. I’m very enthusiastic to apply this knowledge in the Optimism Grant Council candidacy

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Governance Fund grant: A good Governance Fund grant, in my view, should prioritize innovation, impact, and long-term sustainability in the blockchain space. It’s about empowering forward-thinking initiatives that can make a meaningful difference and contribute to the growth and resilience of the blockchain community.

What types of Mission Requests do you think will help achieve the Season 5 Intents? I believe that supporting educational initiatives, increasing developer engagement, and promoting ecosystem growth are key types of mission requests that can help achieve Season 5’s objectives.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest: I am very excited about the opportunity to serve on the Grant Council, and I want to be completely transparent about potential conflicts of interest. I want to emphasize that I am fully committed to maintaining the highest level of integrity and impartiality in my role on the Grant Council. I understand the importance of avoiding conflicts of interest and will recuse myself from any decision-making processes where my impartiality could be questioned. My primary goal is to support and promote the most promising projects that align with the vision and goals of the Optimism network, ensuring a fair and transparent grant allocation process.

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct 5: Yes

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5: Yes

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations: I can do more than that in a week

2 Likes

Council sub-committee: Builders

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment: Delegate Commitments [OLD] - #147 by kaereste

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: 3.44%

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: Delegates of Optimism DAO

https://gov.optimism.io/t/l2beat-delegate-communication-thread/

L2BEAT is by definition ingrained in the L2 ecosystem. We’ve been early fans and supporters of Optimism. On our website we present detailed information about Optimism (Optimism – L2BEAT) including project milestones, live TVL and activity tracking. We have created the risk framework for both L2s and Bridges so that first of all we keep the users informed about the risks they’re taking but also we push the protocols (including Optimism) to strive for a better, decentralized, permissionless and trustless future. We are running an Optimism node in a validator mode and we’re actively monitoring if everything is running correctly.

As L2BEAT we hold weekly Optimism Office Hours where we are available to discuss any Optimism Governance related issues, we have had already 12 of these and we will keep doing them weekly. They are every Tuesday at 3pm UTC at meet.google.com/pem-jzrh-gkq. We are also active in both Token House and Citizen House governance calls.

Yes, I am fluent with code and software architecture. I used to be a developer and sysadmin a long time ago. I also have a UX and product management background. For the last 15 years I’ve been working as a product manager/product owner. I am used to scheduling and planning IT projects and working with the development teams. I’ve been responsible for project delivery in various projects ranging from ecommerce through financial services to AI systems.

Yes, the Tooling Committee in Season 2 and as a reviewer in Grants Council Builders Sub-committee in Season 3 and 4.

I have a decent amount of experience with non-crypto grant programs (mainly EU and government funds but also private pre-accelerator programs), both from the perspective of the grant recipient as well as grant operator, I believe this might be useful in this role. No matter if I get elected or not, I’ll be sharing my input on how to facilitate proper grant distribution.

In the Grants Council in the previous Season we have already established a good framework for working with proposers to have the best proposals in our intake. I’ve been active in direct outreach, which has resulted in some very successful applications. In this season I would like to continue this work to establish patterns and procedures that can be followed in future programs.

I’ve been a Grants Council reviewer for past two seasons and I was involved in Tooling Committee before that.

I have lots of experience in working with teams to properly plan and schedule projects. While reviewing the proposals I will be working closely with proposers to make sure their proposals are both realistic and focused on delivering the most value to the Optimism ecosystem. I’ve been already engaging in productive discussions with the proposers in previous seasons, hope to continue this in the upcoming season.

A good Governance Fund grant is one that:

• provides unique value to the Optimism ecosystem or Optimism Collective, preferably exclusively for Optimism
  • is based on concrete verifiable action plan to provide said value, should not assume that the value will be provided from just the subject of the proposal being delivered. For example if the proeject is supposed to bring more builders to the Optimism ecosystem, then ideally the proposal should describe where will those builders come from and how will proposers make sure to reach out to them and bring them to Optimism (and not assume that they will simply come as soon as the proposers’ project is finished).
  • provides clear commitments within milestones regarding the action plan mentioned above

In general, proposals that make use of existing infrastructure in order to bring new builders (esp non-dev builders) to the ecosystem.

In details, I’m still looking for things described in my application for previous season.

I don’t think there are any existing personal conflicts of interest. If there are any during my tenure, I will immediately reveal them.

As L2BEAT, we are running a research and analytics platform for the L2 ecosystem (https://l2beat.com/) so obviously any competing project could be considered as posing a conflict of interest. However, in all cases, I will work closely with the projects for their best interest and best interest of the Optimism and Ethereum ecosystems.

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct 5:

Yes

Yes

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations:

Yes

8 Likes

LauNaMu Self-Nomination

Council sub-committee: Milestone and metrics

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment: Delegate Committment

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: here <%0.01

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: Karma

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: Voting history can be found here.

The community that I co-led, HER LATAM, was a RetroPGF2 recipient where we focused on enabling Latin American women to participate in web3 Hackathons through scholarships and 1:1 support with several of them building on Optimism.

I participated in HER LATAM’s Mission “Women Shining in Blockchain” during Season 4 in which I provided a workshop on Public Goods funding mechanisms, RetroPGF and how to measure the impact your project is having in alignment with the Impact = Profit axiom.

I taught a workshop for the Spanish speaking community on how to leverage high signal impact metrics in their RetroPGF3 applications so as to demonstrate the value of their contributions to the Collective.

I am currently a Badgeholder for RetroPGF3 and in this role I have participated in the Review process of applications to filter out for non-complying applications; I developed the Impact Evaluation Framework to be leveraged by Badgeholders in voting during RetroPGF3. I’m also running 5 List creation workshops for Badgeholders to design their own Impact Evaluation Frameworks to be applied in voting.

As a Badgeholders and Delegate, I have participated in the Collective Values setting workshop and the Season 5 Intent #3 setting workshop.

As a Product Manager and User Researcher focused in adoption I have worked very closely with development teams in generating product specs, following them through in development sprints, and informal QA. While I’m not a developer, I have a decent technical understanding of ZK technology (previous project), SQL data analysis and have been working in the FinTech and web3 space for the last 5 years. I currently conduct research in Impact Evaluation Mechanisms and Design in the web3 ecosystem.

I have not previously served on a Token House Council or Committee.

• Worked at the Canada Fund with Grant recipient NGOs supporting them in the creation and setting of KPI’s to track their progress and evaluated their results to inform efficiency and compliance for subsequent grants.

• Worked as a consultant for the Mexican Foreign Ministry monitoring and supporting over 30 consulates and embassies implementing our standardized framework for operational efficiency in service provision. Lobbied for standard implementation, evaluated their performance and provided feedback to improve on. Generated dashboards for the consulates to have easily consumable access to their tracked data in real time to incentivize faster course correcting where necessary.

• Created standardized methods for measuring operational efficiency and track KPIs at Branch International (Digital Micro-lending a16z backed Startup) for our teams in Nigeria, India, Mexico and Kenya. Implemented the creation of dashboards, new quality review processes and bodies.

Please demonstrate expertise relevant to your Council sub-committee: Milestones and operations.

See experience described above.

My professional experience has always revolved around data-driven decision making and operational optimization based on the correct definition of KPIs, their measurement, evaluation and iteration.

Most of my experience has been carried out successfully in governmental, less adoption friendly, environments, so I am excited to work with Optimism Grant recipients who I believe are more welcoming of support that will enhance their performance as contributors to the Collective.

A clear: why this proposal, how will it be executed along with a communication strategy with the Grants Council and broad Ecosystem members, Why now, Why this amount of funds.

A good Governance Fund grant (for me) needs to comply with the following items:

• The goal of the grant should clearly align with at least one of the Collective Intents set out in the current season. Alignment is demonstrated by: clear definition of the opportunity it has identified to solved for, the logic behind why the proposed solution will generate long-term value to the goal pursued in the Collective Intent, how this grant is best positioned to use the resources requested to efficiently execute this opportunity. All of these considerations must be underpinned by clear milestones that can serve to inform not only of the progress accomplished by the team, but also to signal if changes are required to improve the performance of the grant or increase the efficient use of the funds.
  • Each grant should also look to generate long-term benefits to the Collective. Not only through the incorporation of this logic in their milestone design and execution of the grant, but also in their participation as members of the Optimism Collective. A grants design and proposed execution should demonstrate their interest in being long-term Ecosystem partners and in expanding the Optimism Ecosystem developer and user base in a sustainable long-term way even after the grant engagement has finalized.

I also believe a good grant should help the wider Ecosystem level up by clearly sharing the know-how the grant recipients developed through the grant execution so that, as a Collective, we can build upon this knowledge by avoiding identified pitfalls, and leverage successful catalyzers.

• Initiatives focused in providing support to builders and developers in the Optimism Ecosystem to thrive: support in the growth of their user base, testing of Product Market Fit, facilitating access to data on user personas and profiles living in the Optimism Ecosystem, improved usable documentation to make deploying on Optimism faster.
  • Trying out new things for mass adoption. Support out-of-the-box ideas on how to generate value for users through new use cases.
  • Missions that will improve the discoverability and usability of existing tools and resources to build upon in the ecosystem.
  • Missions that enable projects to adopt better reporting systems and improves the way people can interface with data availability mechanisms such as Attestations.

I contribute to HER LATAM as an advisor, and was previously the lead governor. I also serve as an advisor to the Ethereum Mexico Core team.

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct: I verify that I agree to abide by the Code of Conduct.

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5: I understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5.

I verify I am able to commit ~ 20 hours/week.

4 Likes

It is the past work of the Grant Council that has assured participation from new users like myself. My journey with Optimism started later than many but without these strong foundations, I would not have been a part of this OP Collective. Dropping in my nomination to grow the Collective further.

Chain_L Self-Nomination

Council sub-committee: Milestones and Metrics

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment: N/A

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: N/A

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: N/A

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: N/A

• Contributed detailed deep-dive analysis of grant distribution in NumbaNERDs program.
    1. Perpetual Protocol
    2. Celer Protocol
    3. Via Protocol
    4. Thales
  • Added essential Dune spells of missing DEXs & missing contract creators.
  • Successfully onboarded more members to join the NumbaNERDs program.
    Here’s a link to my numbaNERD profile: https://app.dework.xyz/profile/ChaIn
  • I’ve also advocated passionately for SuperChain adoption, offering support and delivering talks to promote its seamless integration within the ecosystem. I’ve done so by successfully supporting & guiding devs towards sustainable development practices within the ecosystem.

Yes, I have a strong technical background. I completed a degree in Computer Engineering(a decade ago), and I’ve gained a solid foundation in the field.

For the past two years, I’ve taken on the role of Project Lead across multiple projects. Working closely with different teams, we’ve celebrated some fantastic victories in major competitions allowing us to sustainably test the market fit.

I’ve always had a knack for problem-solving, and my analytical skills make it easy for me to troubleshoot any errors.

I’ve also delved deep into understanding how blockchain architecture works and proactively upskilled myself with Dune spells, SQL, and other technical proficiencies crucial for a blockchain data analyst.

Have you previously served on a Token House Council or committee? If so, please specify which: No

• Thoroughly studied the Optimism Collective’s documents on their vision, governance structure, Token House Mandate, Citizen House Mandate, and OP Stack, providing a deep understanding of the ecosystem.
  • Aspired to join civil services where I studied the constitution & governance of various nations. This has broadened my perspective on the importance of effective governance and its role in shaping communities. TBH relating my previous governance learning with the Optimism structure of governance has a significant influence on my alignment towards Optimism’s future.
  • Actively followed diverse grant processes, gaining valuable insights into the decision-making and importance of milestones.
  • Proficient in using platforms like Charmverse, Agora, Curia, Snapshot, Dune, and Block Explorers, ensuring that I can efficiently navigate and leverage the necessary tools for evaluating milestones and metrics as part of the Milestones and Metrics Sub-Committee.

In the context of the Milestones and Metrics Sub-Committee, I bring valuable expertise:

• I have been actively involved in the numbaNERD program, which has provided me with practical experience in evaluating grant applications and understanding the importance of setting clear goals.
  • I’ve actively participated in discussions on OP Governance forums and have thoroughly reviewed the previous minutes of meetings (MoMs) from the Growth and Builders Sub-Committee. This has given me a comprehensive understanding of the roles, responsibilities, and how sub-committees function.
  • I am skilled in articulating processes and thoroughly documenting them. This ensures that all aspects related to milestones and metrics are well-defined and transparent, which is crucial in the evaluation process.

A good Governance Fund grant should closely align with the values and goals of the Optimism Collective, ensuring that it makes a positive impact on the community. It should have clear, achievable goals and provide regular updates on progress in a way that everyone can understand. This not only shows responsibility but also gives a clear plan for how the project will be carried out.

Additionally, it should also think about how the project will continue to benefit the community even after the initial grant period. Finally, a strong grant proposal should recognize potential challenges and have a solid plan to deal with them. This comprehensive approach ensures that a Governance Fund grant will have a lasting and meaningful impact on the Optimism ecosystem.

I strongly advocate for Mission Requests that bring blockchain closer to real-life solutions. Such Mission Requests have immense potential to make blockchain technology more accessible and applicable in everyday scenarios.

Additionally, I emphasize the importance of Mission Requests that prioritize a human touch in onboarding, especially for new users. Considering the overwhelming amount of information available, it can be intimidating for new users to become a part of the community. We need more Mission Requests that can solve this problem.

Contributor at numbaNERDs.

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct 2: I agree

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5: Yes, I understand that.

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations: Yes, I’ll be able to commit the required hours.

3 Likes

1. Council sub-committee: Growth Experiments

2. If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment: Optimism Agora

3. If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: 0.06% (at the time of application)

4. If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: Karma Link, Voting and Communication History: 23% (I’m just beginning my journey)

5. Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: reference in point 2 - the entire voting history is here.

6. Please outline any other contributions to the Optimism ecosystem to date:
    I’ve been an active member of Optimism for the past year. Since joining the project, I have created dozens of art and merch items for the ecosystem. Inspired by the idea of the project, I continue to bring it to the masses by co-creating products and solutions for the community:

opmerch.store
opgcenter.io

Over the past year., through my work on the project, I have been able to establish business agreements with project partners and become one of the most recognizable artists in the ecosystem.
*I am an ambassador of the project (@op_divergent)

• Optimism CIS - web3 and decentralization, what any progressive community strives for. However, with an ethos like CIS it is important to maintain integrity and a unified direction in the development of ecosystems and projects. That’s why we created OP community, designed to unite more than 200 million people from 9 countries around the world, living all over the globe.
  • OPMerch - I was inspired by the philosophy and global idea of the project to attract more users to the ETH network, by creating a unique solution on L2 for millions of users. Therefore, my team and I decided that the inspiration and creations we make for OP should be able to materialize for every follower.
  • Optimism Gaming Center is the gaming hub of the Optimism ecosystem. Its primary objective is to provide a fun and engaging experience to the community, while also promoting community engagement.
  1. Do you have a technical background? If so, please elaborate: I have two technical degrees: Mobile Systems Programmer (University) and Radio Engineer (College). I have worked in each of the specialties for several years and have a good understanding of network protocols and problems of centralized solutions for regular users.

2. Have you previously served on a Token House Council or committee? If so, please specify which: No

9.Please demonstrate expertise relevant to your Council sub-committee - all my experiences are described above

1. Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Governance Fund grant -
    In general, grants are a source of attracting new users to the ecosystem and maintaining it. New applications, new developers, new users and new services. It allows people to realize their bold ideas and get support from the ecosystem in return for a good project.
    However, I wouldn’t deny promising projects that are already in active development and showing some solutions and impact. (Perhaps such projects need some new direction for grants)

2. What types of Mission Requests do you think will help achieve the Season 5 Intents?

• Increasing the ease of user interaction with the ecosystem
  • Increasing the number of games in the ecosystem (Optimism Gaming Center was created for this purpose)
  • Attracting artists and designers to the ecosystem
  • Improving accessibility of grant applications
  1. Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest: In the case of grant applications for projects where I am the developer, I abstain from voting. My projects have a team listed everywhere, which makes the process quite open.

2. Please verify that you agree to abide by the: Yes

3. Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5: Yes

4. Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations: Yeah, I have the time.

*Unfortunately I can’t post all the necessary links to the projects, but am willing to provide all as needed

6 Likes

0xMilton - Grants Council Self-Nomination

Council sub-committee: Builder

I’m not a delegate

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you:
I’m not a delegate

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date:
I’m not a delegate

I’m not a delegate

My first relationship with the Optimism ecosystem was by receiving an OP airdrop last year (from contributions done in the Ethereum ecosystem) which I then delegated for some time.

Afterwards I collaborated from WakeUp Labs (sofware development company of which I am co-founder). Our developer-oriented Platform is compatible with the Optimism blockchain and helps web2 developers to easily onboard to web3 with no prior blockchain development knowledge. We also collaborated from WakeUp with the OP ecosystem by giving developers workshops, both online and IRL, together with DeFi Latam.

Finally, we were awarded a grant from the Grants Council to develop RFG1 (WIP), and also applied to a couple of others.

I am happy to continue contributing to the Optimism ecosystem as I believe it has a well organized DAO and governance systems at the same time I believe in L2 and upper layers to escalate and optimize blockchains for them to be used by more people and businesses while maintaining decentralization, that is a differential feature for these networks.

Yes I do. I am a graduated Informatics Engineer who has been working professionally on software projects for the past 17 years. I have been through all roles in software development: I coded in the University, been project manager, product manager, architect, CTO with delivery focused skills.
Worked first on different big corporations, always in the IT department. Then, I’ve been CTO, for 5 years, at a mobile gaming development startup.

After that I got into the blockchain rabbit hole and jumped to start working on this technology. First worked as CTO of a Decentralized Identity non for profit project. Then worked as Product Owner at Rootstock blockchain (EVM bitcoin side chain) leading developers teams to build different blockchain products such as: Identity, DeFi, Name Services, NFT, Multisig, among others.
Last year I co-founded WakeUp Labs with the mission to help developers and businesses to easily onboard to web3 development.

Regarding blockchain tech, I first got into it when reading Bitcoin’s whitepaper more than 7 years ago. Since then I never stopped learning about this technology. Read also about Solidity and Ethereum at that moment. The same year I deployed my first testnet smart contract and built an Ethereum GPU Mining rig.

No I have not. But it was really enlightening for me to write full Builder proposals for the Optimism Grants council in my role at WakeUp Labs and to have the opportunity to be evaluated and to receive substantial feedback from the council.

The majority of my career has been working with software development teams, leading them to accomplish the organization’s results. Always searching to gather the best teams and aiming for the best product quality, documentation and testing. That expertise I think is important in order to distinguish between good and poor teams, proposals and projects. To avoid those that would not be suitable for the Optimism Collective.

When I worked for the Decentralized Identity project with IDB Lab and Bitcoin NGO, as it was a non for profit project, all of the vendors had to be selected with impartial mechanisms very similar to the rubrics used by the OP Grants Council.

Also, this year I was a judge at Ethereum Argentina Buildathon where I had to impartially analyze different web3 projects and assign them points in different categories to determine if they were to be awarded or not. For that task I had to analyze their pitches, source code, project decks and documentation, so as to do honest and thoughtful reviews.

I am a builder, that’s what I like doing. I have been building software products for the past 17 years, and specifically blockchain products for the past 6+ years. So I understand what is needed for a project to be successful and to fulfill its scope expectations.

Also, everything I mentioned in my answers above is relevant to this sub-committee. But, specifically, I would like to reinforce the point that in recent months I have been on the other side of the counter: I’ve written and submitted a couple of Builder and RFG Proposals for my company, in the Charmverse app. So I got a good understanding of what is expected for builders to get a grant. All the required steps and details needed for a good proposal to be submitted and have chances to be approved.

For starters, it should aim to meet any of the goals of Season 5 Intents for the Optimism Collective.
It also should have:

• A detailed and clear written proposal
  • A clear goal for the proposal
  • An explanation on how the goal will achieved and how it will meet Season 5 Intents
  • A clear scope for the project
  • Detailed roadmap and milestones
  • Explain how the deliveries will be verified
  • Details of the team’s track record both inside and outside the OP ecosystem.

When development starts:

• The team should do frequent progress communication
  • The council should control, measure and support the grantees during the development process

To Improve the Consumer Experience and Grow the Superchain I believe that Mission Requests to simplify the end-user web3 onboarding are a must. For example:

• Social login wallets: mobile app template and plugins
    • Gamified, with progressive complexity, security and decentralization
  • Tools to totally abstract end-users from the “gas” concept (anything, not just account abstraction).
  • Plugins to connect traditional on-ramps to crypto wallets
  • UX & UI:
    • Web dapp templates: for next, react and other frameworks
    • Beautiful web dapp UI components library
    • Native mobile wallet templates: react native and others
  • Gaming:
    • Create Unity plugins for Optimism
    • Create Steam plugins for Optimism
    • Create Google Play and App Store plugins for Optimism

For the Progress Towards Technical Decentralization:

• Create more UIs to understand state of decentralization
  • Create simple tools to add more eyes to the sequencer

For the Improve Governance Accessibility Intent:

• Identity and Privacy:
    • Self-sovereign identity (SSI) tooling to be used by people and institutions
      • Maybe an abstraction of the Attestation Station
    • Add ZK for on-chain identities and respect PII privacy
    • Verified identities without having to disclose any private information

I am co-founder of WakeUp Labs. If a vote related to it were needed from my side, I would abstain from voting in that case, unless the Council requests otherwise. Whatever is better for the Council and OP Ecosystem.

Yes, I agree.

Yes, I understand.

Yes, I am able.

5 Likes

Note: this nomination involves Joxes (myself) as a reviewer applicant. Based on our previous experience, including assistants and contributors represents added value to working groups in terms of expertise provided and time dedicated. For this position, we have established the role of assistant developer with experience in Web3 to accompany the reviewer. Please take into account that by no means a disclaimer of responsibility for the reviewer, but rather a collaborative way of adding more brains and expertise for the benefit of the Council.

Council sub-committee: Builder

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment: Delegate Commitments [OLD] - #27 by Joxes

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: 0.31%

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: 100% (113/113)

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: Agora Profile, Communication Thread.

Please outline any other contributions to the Optimism ecosystem to date: I and my delegation team have made the following contributions:

• Members of Tooling committee in Season 2
  • Members of DeFi C committee in Season 2
  • Joxes’s badgeholder for Citizen’s House
  • We published the Token House participation and incentives: an extended analysis, later used for delegate rewards for season 4
  • We started Optimism Español (now a team independent of our delegation)
  • Two years dedicated to educating about Ethereum’s scaling solutions with SEED Latam (previously DeFi LATAM) and L2 in Español, including various technical introductions to OP Stack in several instances.

Before Web3, I acquired a background in Metallurgical Engineering focusing on laboratory-scale research.

In Web3, my first steps as a contributor to the Ethereum ecosystem have been focused as a scaling evangelist, educating more people who are interested in Ethereum’s Layer 2 ecosystem from all fronts, both technical and non-technical sides. After founding L2 en Español, a community focused on technical aspects, giving workshops and publishing research articles.

In 2023, I joined Wonderland, a Web3 core development group under the role of researcher, working with partners in identifying new development opportunities, improving protocols, and reporting.

Yes, this delegation has been a member of the Tooling and DeFi C committees during Season 2.

SEED Latam has been involved in governance activities since 2022, with Optimism governance being the first. Since then, the organization has had four active delegations and participated as AVC in MakerDAO. Getting involved in different initiatives has meant a shared experience between the entire governance body and its various contributors.

On the side of this delegation we have actively participated in the discussions of the governance fund since the beginning of the Collective and participated in the committees of season 2.

Additionally, I have had a particular interest in understanding the OP Stack, carrying out several tests and studying its related architecture, and even presenting a workshop where I explained relevant findings to builders starting in the OP Stack development.

Inherited from SEED Latam, we have expertise in grant management, evaluations, and communication with external teams. This is complemented by our work done in the committees in Season 2.

In general terms, a Governance Fund grant is good when:

• Has a clear and well-defined definition of done.

• Must resolve an actual need where the quality, uniqueness, or improvement is justified and delimited in line with the scope of the ongoing grants program.

• Set realistic milestones accompanied by understandable accountability.

• Disclose any difficulty considered or discovered during the application or execution of the grant on time.

• Positively impacts the Optimism ecosystem and the collective with a long-term perspective in a cascading effect benefiting the majority of builders and users.

• There are no limitations so that the work presented can be continued in any way or serve as a basis or reference for future projects following the same vertical, following the open-source philosophy.

We would like to see:

• Tooling that helps decentralize pieces of the OP Stack and dApps itself, from core infra to frontends.

• Improved UX via account abstraction and chain abstraction.

• Integrations or “web3 version” of internet products, such as gaming, forums, social, and more.

• More sophisticated educational programs that increase the number of OP chains deployed in all instances and contributions to its repository.

• Use primitives like privacy in any of the intents to improve security and UX.

Any related to the organizations: SEED Latam, Wonderland, L2 en Español and as well as any other that might be related to our developer assistant and contributors. Any identification will be duly communicated in the future.

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct : Yes

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5: Yes

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations: Yes

8 Likes

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment: N/A

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: N/A

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: N/A

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: N/A

• Founder of Optimystics, a team of experienced professionals growing Optimism with fractal communities, tools, games, shows, and events. I coordinate our team’s actions while working closely working with developers who build tools on the OP Stack and creators who make educational content about the Optimism Collective. You can explore the blog, videos, and tools on Optimystics.io for an overview of our contributions to the Optimism ecosystem.

• Founder and host of Optimism Fractal, a start up community dedicated to fostering collaboration and awarding public good creators on Optimism. We host weekly meetings where optimists can network with builders and coopete in innovative consensus games to grow Optimism, then we produce videos and show notes for educational purposes.

• Founder and host of Eden Fractal, a community pioneering coordination games and fractal democracy for 18 months. I’ve educated dozens of community leaders about Optimism with live presentations and deep discussions at weekly Eden Fractal meetings, then produced educational content from the events and shared invites in many groups of Web3 builders to spread awareness of Optimism.

• Founder of Eden Creators, a media outlet and development shop focused on empowering communities with consensus games. In addition to producing Optimistic content from Eden Fractal meetings, I’ve published hundreds of articles in our Garden and videos on our youtube channel that provide foundational resources for the long-term success of the Optimism Collective.

Yes, I have an extensive technical background and have been working in Web3 since 2017. I build tools to help communities cooperate and have hosted meetings with developers every week for the past couple years. I write technical articles to explain software innovations and create educational content to make tools more accessible for wider audiences.

In addition, I’ve also created many websites and am experienced with HTML and CSS. I’ve experimented with smart contract development in command line interfaces and IDEs for dozens of hours. In my ten year career as a content creator I’ve developed deep expertise in many technical aspects of creative endeavors, including video livestreaming, media production, and sound engineering in electronic music. I am comfortable with Github, Notion, AI, many Web3 services, and a wide variety of other technical tools.

Have you previously served on a Token House Council or committee? No

• I have led the Eden Fractal community to make great strides and profoundly helpful innovations on a minimal budget for eighteen months. I have been elected as a delegate over fifteen times in our weekly meetings and have earned the most onchain respect in this community by consistently working to help Web3 builders.

• I have been elected as a Chief Delegate and Delegate in Eden Elections to lead a community of over 400 members who conduct onchain fractal democracy elections and distribute funds to builders. This initiative raised approximately $1.5 million, which I helped distribute after being elected in three seasons. You can learn more about this community here.

• I hosted educational interviews and open discussions with other leaders of this community on a show called Eden Town Hall. This experience as a delegate and educator in another Web3 ecosystem provides me with experience to responsibly, efficiently, and effectively allocate funding for the benefit of a community.

I created a grant proposal for the Builders Subcommittee in Cycle 15 of Season 4 and it reached the final stages of review. During this time I carefully read all the Grants Council procedures, relayed information while coordinating with team members, and communicated with several grants council reviewers. I became comfortable with Charmverse and am now closely following it’s development.

After making the proposal, I hosted several events where I shared presentations and provided detailed walkthroughs of the Grants Council Proposal processes with dozens of Web3 community leaders. Then I worked with my team to produce videos and articles of the walkthroughs, as you can see in the following links (1, 2, and 3). These articles provide an educational resource for anyone interested in participating in Optimism Grants Council programs.

I’ve been working full time for the benefit of the Optimism community since July and am very knowledgeable about the ecosystem. I’ve listened to all available podcasts with reviewers on the Grants Council, as well as most episodes of OP Radio, Delegates Corner, RetroPGF Podcast, and many other interviews with Optimistic leaders. I’ve also invested countless hours learning about the Ethereum ecosystem over the past six years.

As host of Optimism Fractal and Eden Fractal weekly meetings, I can provide a unique space where optimistic builders can collaborate and meet likeminded individuals. Our videos can help promote available grants and attract more high quality applicants to the Grants Council. After years of building and working closely with developers, I have a deep understanding of what builders need and the practical steps to help them succeed.

A good Governance Fund grant should:

• Provide unique value to the Optimism ecosystem
  • Have a clear objective and action plan to succeed
  • Provide clear milestones and KPIs that are easy to assess
  • Explain how funds raised will help accomplish the goal
  • Be communicated in an accurate and simple manner
  • Set an example that reflects well upon the Optimism Collective

Mission Requests that attract innovators and provide everyone with more helpful, enjoyable experiences on Optimism will help achieve the Season 5 Intents. Web3 is at a pivotal stage of growth and Optimism is well positioned to provide value for millions of communities. Mission Requests that enable joyful onchain interactions for people who aren’t yet using Web3 and inspire the next generation of builders to join Optimism will help increase technical decentralization, grow the Superchain, improve the consumer experience, and improve governance accessibility.

More specific types of Mission Requests that I believe will be especially helpful include Missions that develop:

• Applications that enable coordination and growth innovations for non-technical communities
  • Synergies with RetroPGF that enable the Optimism Collective to more effectively reward public goods creators
  • Primitives and composability with other applications on Optimism that unlock novel use cases
  • Account abstraction and UX accessibility features to make Optimism easier to use
  • Educational gaming experiences that make it fun for people to engage with the OP Mainnet

I don’t foresee any conflicts of interests at this time. If any potential conflicts of interest arise then I will communicate this immediately and act in the best interests of the Optimism Collective.

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct 5: Yes

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations: Yes

3 Likes

v3naru.eth (Varit) Grants Council Self-Nomination

Council sub-committee: Milestones and Metrics Reviewer

Curia Agora Profile

0.05% of the Votable Supply

77% (17/22)

Curia Agora Profile

I do not have a technical background, but do have access to multiple senior engineers within our team.

No, I have not previously served on a Token House Council or committee

• I have been engaging with the blockchain space since 2018, working across various roles that combine business savvy with analytics expertise. My experience with a Thai crypto startup unicorn has provided me with insights into the web3 economy and the factors that contribute to a successful venture in this space. This background has honed my critical thinking skills, which are vital for assessing the viability and potential impact of projects seeking grants.

• In my venture builder role with SCB10x, I am at the forefront of innovation, regularly interacting with emerging technologies and business models. This exposure ensures that I stay updated on the latest trends and challenges within the blockchain industry, enabling me to evaluate grant proposals through a contemporary lens.

• My active participation in DAO governance has also equipped me with a first-hand understanding of decentralized operations and community-driven initiatives. This experience is directly relevant to the operations of the Optimism Grant Council, as it ensures a balanced evaluation of proposals and focusing on transparency, accountability, and the alignment of project goals with community interests.

My current work revolves around using data to make decisions and improve operations by setting and following key performance indicators (KPIs). This is exactly what the Milestones & Metrics Subcommittee needs for evaluating grant progress.

In the past few months, I’ve been analyzing Optimism’s on-chain data to build a governance analytics dashboard. This work has given me a solid grasp of what’s happening on the ground in the Optimism ecosystem, which is key for reviewing grant milestones.

I’ve learned how to make complex data understandable, a skill that will be useful when we set up the Milestone Hub. My goal is to make it easier for everyone to see how grants are doing and to help us keep track of the progress.

I’m also ready to help define what effective reviewing looks like for our subcommittees. My focus will be on clear, achievable standards that support our grant goals.

Overall, my data analysis experience with Optimism will help the Subcommittee ensure that grants are on track and that our processes are transparent and fair.

A good Governance Fund grant is characterized by its alignment with the long-term goals of the ecosystem it aims to support. It should drive genuine engagement, foster innovation, and facilitate sustainable growth within the community.

Strategic Alignment: Grants should support projects that are in sync with the overarching mission of the collective, contributing to a clear, shared vision for the future. This means funding initiatives that are not just beneficial in the short term but also contribute to the lasting development of the OP ecosystem.

Implementation Readiness: Good grants are backed by a robust plan of action. Proposals should come with a well-thought-out strategy for deployment, ensuring that the project can hit the ground running as soon as its approved.

Measurable Impact: A grant must have clearly defined, achievable milestones that allow for tracking progress and evaluating success. This transparency ensures that the community can see the value generated by the grant over time.

Positive-Sum Outcomes: Grants should be designed to be positive-sum, providing as much or more value to the collective as they do to the grant recipients. They should not be about one-off marketing stunts but about building something that brings lasting benefits to all stakeholders involved.

Community Engagement: A strong proposal is one that actively involves the community, not only in the decision-making process but also in the execution and feedback loops. This approach ensures that the projects funded are truly reflective of the community’s needs and aspirations.

Long-Term Contribution: Finally, grantees should see themselves as long-term contributor to the collective. The relationship should not end with the grant; it should be the beginning of an ongoing collaboration that helps grow the ecosystem for years to come.

In summary, I think a good grant is one that is well-planned, aligned with long-term ecosystem goals, involves the community, and can demonstrate its impact clearly and effectively.

Mission Requests that align with Season 5 Intents should be geared towards solidifying the technical backbone of the Optimism network while fostering an ecosystem ripe for developer innovation and user growth.

For Intent 1, focusing on technical decentralization, we should prioritize supporting initiatives that drive forward the diversity of client implementations and enhance fault tolerance, such as redundant sequencing mechanisms and development of robust zero-knowledge proof systems. These endeavors are critical for achieving a resilient, decentralized, and scalable network infrastructure.

For Intents 2 and 3, which aim to grow the Superchain and improve consumer experience, Mission Requests should encourage the development of tools and applications that not only attract developers to build on the OP Mainnet but also facilitate seamless user interactions with the network. This can be achieved by incentivizing the creation of interoperable solutions, streamlining developer workflows, and introducing novel use cases that resonate with consumers, such as digital identity or on-chain gaming platforms. Enhancing the user experience with improvements like account abstraction wallets and accessible fiat onramps will also be key to onboarding new users and keeping them engaged.

For Intent 4, the push towards more accessible governance should be backed by Mission Requests that simplify and demystify the governance process. This includes user interfaces that streamline all governance related participation, and alongside community initiatives that nurture a culture of inclusivity and active involvement. By doing so, we can broaden the spectrum of contributors and ensure that a diverse array of voices is heard, enriching the decision-making process and empowering the collective wisdom of the Optimism community.

None, and we are happy to disclose any future potiential conflicts of interest.

Yes

Yes

Yes

3 Likes

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment: I am not a delegate.

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: I am not a delegate.

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: I am not a delegate.

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: I do not have a formalized voting history to share at this time.

Please outline any other contributions to the Optimism ecosystem to date: While I haven’t directly contributed to the Optimism ecosystem thus far, I bring with me a rich reservoir of experience from my prior role where I have played an instrumental role in creating heightened awareness about Arbitrum, another governance project. My proficiency in advocacy, combined with my keen interest in Optimism, positions me uniquely to be an asset in promoting and uplifting the Optimism ecosystem in the future.

Do you have a technical background? If so, please elaborate: Yes. I possess a Computer Science degree from IIT Kanpur and have honed my expertise in building complex data pipelines and mastering on-chain analytics. I’ve played a pivotal role in scaling wallet CRMs in the web3 space, and I have an in-depth understanding of smart contract development and governance protocol functionalities.

Have you previously served on a Token House Council or committee? If so, please specify which: No.

Please demonstrate any experience you believe is relevant to this role: One of my most significant achievements has been my role as a catalyst in raising awareness about intricate projects like Arbitrum. Through strategic engagements and initiatives, I have been able to elucidate complex governance concepts to a broad audience, thus fostering greater understanding and participation. My experience in driving awareness and understanding of blockchain projects will be invaluable in furthering the goals of the Optimism ecosystem.

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Governance Fund grant: In my perspective, an exemplary Governance Fund grant should encapsulate key tenets. Efficiency is at its core, where judicious use of resources for maximal impact is essential. A well-charted strategy, clear vision, and alignment with Optimism’s broader objectives are crucial. Grants should be anchored with measurable outcomes and tangible milestones, ensuring meticulous progress monitoring. Key indicators of a stellar grant include a revolutionary product/use case for the protocol within Optimism and the overarching DeFi ecosystem, an evident trajectory to non-incentivized growth, definitive KPIs and milestones linked to token values, a stellar team across various domains, a robust Treasury safeguarding against OP token misuse, and an underlying strategy for protocol decentralization.

To truly achieve the Season 5 Intents, I believe our mission requests should encompass a multi-faceted approach:

1. Decentralization: At its core, blockchain and DeFi promise decentralization. Our mission requests should prioritize initiatives that further this principle, ensuring that Optimism remains a protocol “of the community, by the community, and for the community.”
  2. Developer Onboarding: The lifeblood of any evolving tech ecosystem lies in its developer community. Efforts should be made to actively onboard new developers, offering them robust tools, educational resources, and incentives to innovate within the Optimism ecosystem.
  3. Awareness on Tokenomics: For genuine, widespread adoption and trust, the broader community needs clarity on Optimism’s tokenomics. Mission requests should target educational campaigns, workshops, or seminars that demystify our token structure, distribution mechanisms, and the inherent value propositions.
  4. Protocol Growth: To ensure the sustainable growth of Optimism, our mission requests should emphasize strategies that increase user adoption, enhance protocol functionalities, and expand into new horizons or use cases.

By focusing on these pillars, I believe we’ll be strategically positioned to drive forward the ambitions of Season 5, ensuring Optimism’s growth, sustainability, and community-centric ethos.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest: None.

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct: Yes, I wholeheartedly agree.

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5: I fully understand and comply with the KYC requirements.

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations: I am entirely committed and can comfortably allocate the required hours.

13 Likes

Grants Council Self-Nomination for Sharp

Council sub-committee:

Milestones and Metrics

N/A

None

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: -

n/a

n/a

I created and manage the Optimism Analytics platform which hosts data on multiple aspects of Optimism collective. These include

1. Optimism Grants dashboard.
  2. Optimism Grantee database.
  3. OP Analytics
  4. OP Contribution ideas

I have given a brief introduction here, if you need all the details please check my post

Optimism Grants dashboard.

A single point of reference to get a better understanding of the Grant program numbers. Get information on the total grant awarded, number of grantees, distribution of grants by cycles and more.

Optimism Grantee Database

I traced and analyzed all the grantees for Optimism. This includes more than 400+ Grantees/projects and all the key details that the collective should know about them. Before that, there was no easy way to view the list of Granted projects. Users have additional options to filter grants by season, tags and more.

OP Analytics

Collection of all important links to statistical and analytical resources relating to Optimism. Here you can find a list of major Dune, defillama resources to learn different metrics about Optimism and ecosystem.

OP Contribution ideas

There are various ways to contribute to the OP collective. The best way to explore the possible ways is to check out the OP contribution ideas on GitHub. The repository offers a list of all ideas that the OP collective wants efforts to be made. But GitHub database is not the best user experience and journey. This is why one of the contribution ideas is to have a better UI for the contribution ideas database. We present to you the OP contributions database on the site. The site periodically syncs with Github to match the data. Also allows for advanced filters enabling users to discover ideas easily.

I am a hobby coder, proficient in data analysis with Python and light FrontEnd dev.

n/a

I analyze Grant Programs, their RFPs, individual grantees and their Milestones.

I have experience of analyzing grant programs of Optimism and Aave.

Project Link Description
Optimism Grant Analytics - Grant3 https://optimism.grant3.co/ Everything about Optimsim Grants and its Grantees
Aave Grant Analytics - Grant3 https://aave.grant3.co/ Everything about Aave Grants
Web3Native https://www.web3native.co/ - Database on Grant programs; - Free of charge support to projects for Grants application

I have mentioned the relevant details about my experience with Optimism grants analysis in the question above. You can learn more about my work on Optimism Grants in my Forum post or visit the site to see my work live in action here - https://optimism.grant3.co/

After gaining experience with Optimism grants analysis, I expanded my research to Aave Grants. Similar to Optimism, I am analyzing the Aave grants program, its grantee details, and more. You can see my Analysis on Aave Grants Program here - https://aave.grant3.co/

Prior to this, I also researched on the Grants in different Web3 ecosystems and protocols. I analyzed all the grant programs and created a database to help projects find the best-suited means of fundraising. Additionally, I also advised projects to apply for grants and helped them fill up the application. Web3Native is also a public good project, I did not take any fee or commission from the projects for consultation. https://www.web3native.co/

Milestones and Metrics

I have listed my research and analysis expertise for multiple grant programs in the previous question. But tl;dr I analyzed the metrics for grant programs on Optimism, Aave and plan to do on Ethereum foundation grants next. All this analysis is public good

My work on Optimism Grant metrics

My work on analyzing Aave grants, here is the metrics dashboard

A grant should be treated as a one-off support, to help projects boost their development or help the projects incentivise particular user behaviour. Projects selected for Grants should be able to give a clear roadmap and commitment that they remain sustainable and profitable even beyond the Grants. A good governance grant cannot be judged immediately, its success can only be measured as time passes. So the Grant awarded, to any project, should be able to increase the Ecosystem’s users, fees, TVL, developer activity or any other useful metric. But these metrics should continue to be positive even after the awarded fund has been exhausted.

Furthermore, the contribution of the Grantee to the ecosystem should be sustainably positive. Ecosystem resources are always finite, so the Grants programs will not continue indefinitely. So when grant programs stop, the ecosystem projects should still be able to carry forward and bring contribute back to the ecosystem in terms of fees and more metrics.

Projects that aim at onboarding masses to Web3, aiming at growing the Superchain. Projects that aren’t necessarily looking at onboarding new users through the Existing Ethereum userbase, but target onboarding Web2 users and be their first experience in web3. This will include projects with clear use case, not too complex to operate and easily accessible.

I actively advise projects seeking grants on Web3Native (Voluntary help, I have never taken a fee or a commission for my advice)

I also collaborate and work closely with Grant consultants and Grant service providers to help them with Grant program management.

Yes

Yes

Yes

4 Likes

Thank you for your submission. Unfortunately this was published past the deadline and will not be included in the upcoming vote.

3 Likes

I misread the deadline for ET instead of GMT. Thank you for the information.

I wish all the applicants best wishes in the voting and selection procedures🙌

4 Likes

Hi @v3naru_Curia @mmurthy @Juanbug_PGov

Congrats on being elected to the Milestones and Metrics sub-committee! Can you please DM me your tg handle and best email so we can start onboarding? Thank you :pray:

7 Likes

Hey everyone,

I wanted to share some news with you all. After much thought, I’ve decided to step back from the Grants Council. Its a tough decision because I was really excited about the opportunity, and am super grateful for everyone’s support in getting me elected.

The main reason for this is that I’m also been considered for the new Security Council :point_right: Security Council Vote #2 – Initial Member Ratification

I’ve come to understand that in our community, it’s not great for someone to be on more than one council at the same time. It’s all about keeping things fair and diverse, which I totally respect.

Given my background with Synthetix, the Spartan Council, and my experience as a smart contract dev, I feel like I can contribute more effectively on the Security Council, especially when it comes to looking after our ecosystem’s security.

Honestly, it’s a bummer to have to make this choice, but I believe it’s the right move. Not too sure about the official process for stepping down, so I’m just putting it out here. I want to follow the community norms and focus on a single job, and do that job well.

Big thanks again to everyone who backed me for the Grants Council. I’m still here to help and contribute, just in a different role.

10 Likes