[FINAL] Spread Optimistic values accross Latam with Solow

Hey everyone! Time for our second forum update.

We did a lot of stuff, so this will be long. But bear with me, I’ll promise I’ll do my best to make you smile. If I had to resume our mission in 1 sentence, it’d the following:

Thanks to the work accomplished during our mission Solow is now one the biggest sources of original Optimism-related content in Spanish.

TL;DR

1. We created more content than agreed.
  2. Feedback from community has been very good.
  3. Reach was better for written content than for videos.
  4. We have some live stuff scheduled for next 2 weeks and.

Our commitment

We committed to create the following content:

• 8 Newsletter sendouts
  • 8 Blogposts
  • 4 Courses
  • 4 Youtube videos
  • 2 Interviews
  • 2 Content to earn sessions
  • 2 Workshops
  • 1 Twitter Space

Newsletter Sendout and blog

While we had commited to do 8 articles, we decided to write additional content to talk about the Ambassador Program. All 9 articles where sent through our newsletter, summing up a total of 8354 views. This is better than expected.

Here is the detail:

The main achievements of this work are:

• creating a repository of top-notch original written content.
  • raising interest among our community and Latam’s ecosystem with over 25% open rate.
  • receiving excellent feedback from people engaging with the content.

Courses

We crafted 6 courses on Optimism, 2 more than expected. Our initial commitment was doing 4 courses, but we decided to go beyond our mission to provide our students with a comprehensive overview of the Optimism ecosystem.

You can check all courses by login in at solow.io. The courses present the content in a fun, engaging way and include quizzes.

The reach of the courses is lower than anticipated, with 56 completions. The good news is that the courses are forever available on our platform, so we expect that number to grow considerably in the following months together with Latam’s ecosystem.

• explaining Optimism’s key components in a fun and engaging way
  • laying down the foundations for future ecosystem growth through our platform.

Here’s a comprehensive report with all the data involving the courses.

Videos

Similarly to what we did with articles and courses, we went beyond our initial commitment to do more videos than expected. Our mission stated that we would do 4 videos, and we did 5 long videos, plus several 1-2 minute videos that we will be publishing in the next weeks.

Here is the list of videos:

Here is a screen of one of our videos so you get a sense of how they look.

Many videos have been published very recently, so it’s hard to measure their full impact so far. The goal was to reach between 1000-2000 views for all videos (including interviews and workshops). During our mission, we noticed that we could publish our videos not only on Youtube but also on Twitter to have a bigger impact. Additionally, we created teasers and short videos based on the original content to better engage with our community. This strategy has proven very effective and summing up Twitter and Youtube views we expect to reach our estimates.

Here is an example of the short videos we will be working with. I’m sure you will agree with my mother that I need a haircut which is my way to say any feedback is more than welcomed :joy:

• finding the way to increase impact through other channels once we noticed Youtube was not bringing expected results.
  • creating a Youtube list that will attract future learners to our Optimism courses.

Interviews

In our mission to Spread Optimistic Values through Latam, we committed to interviewing 2 delegates:

1. The first interview we had was with @brichis: Conociendo Optimism junto a Brichis, who kindly shared her time and ideas with us.
  2. We have already agreed to record the second interview with @joxes next week.

We are super happy to be able to amplify their voices and keep strengthening Latam’s participation. And we are also very proud of the work they are doing to represent our region, so, once again, thank you both :heart:

Content-to-earn sessions

We had committed to do 2 learn-to-earn sessions. This is a very flexible format we often use to engage with our community in fun, unexplored ways. The main goal is to incentivize and recognize community members getting involved with our ecosystem and, in particular, with Optimism.

We priced 3 community members with 25, 15 and 10 USDC for their contributions following this set of rules.

Here are the winners and the transactions with their prices.

The second learn-to-earn session will take place this week. We will keep you posted on the results.

Live session - Workshops and Twitter Spaces

We committed to doing 2 workshops and 1 Twitter Spaces. We decided to do both workshops and the Spaces on RetroPGF, because we strongly believe it represents an unprecedented opportunity for projects in Latam to receive funding according to their impact.

In order to make the most out of our efforts and have a higher impact on our ecosystem, we decided to go beyond the expected dates and scheduled them for the last weeks of September and the first weeks of October. This decision comes from our belief that the live sessions will be much more impactful now that RetroPGF 3 is live.

The scheduled dates are the following:

• Twitter Spaces: Wednesday 27th of September, 19hs GMT-3
  • Workshop 1: week of 2nd of October in collaboration with Proof of Integrity
  • Workshop 2: Wednesday 4th of October, 19hs GMT-3

Of course we will keep you posted with the results.

Twitter

In order to share the original content we created and to engage with our community, we created several publications related to Optimism, which include but are not limited to threads, videos, quests, games and announcements.

While I believe sharing links to all our publications won’t add real value to this update (there are over 25 tweets), I would like to share with you a “thread-of-threads” which includes some of the threads we’ve done so far.

Conclusion

Working with the Optimism Collective has been an incredible pleasure. We are very satisfied with our results and look forward to the Collective’s feedback. We are also full of learnings that we will treasure and 100% implement for next missions or collaboration opportunities.

This is not a goodbye, but simply a see you soon. Thanks again for trusting us :heart:

Stay Optimistic my frens :red_circle:

Santi, representing the whole Solow team and community :pig_nose:

3 Likes