[FINAL] OPdelegate.com

Hello, OP Collective!

We are very excited to share the end-of-season update for OPDelegate.com.

To be fully transparent up front: we have not yet launched the website, which was one of our critical milestones. We have 2 out of the 3 charts in our milestones functioning end-to-end currently, however at launch we will have 6 charts which is double that of our critical milestone. We really want to launch as a complete tool and are still putting up the finishing touches. We expect the full launch to happen within the next 2 weeks, and this full launch will have more features that outlined in our original plan.

That said, we have made a LOT of progress to share with you. We built this website as a scalable platform from the ground up in a way that we can continue to add custom features and make this a real useful place for delegates.

You can see the current stable version of the website here. The first two charts you see are functioning end-to-end, and we are just ironing out the backend data pipeline for the rest of the charts.

Some of the things we built:

• Custom design/branding scheme (check out the landing page!)
  • From-scratch data retrieval and caching backend.
    • Uses Dune + AWS lambda functions
    • Serverless (scales infinitely)
    • Cached delegate data allows for quick loading times on website (often a problem with web3 data websites)
  • Custom frontend
    • react-native based
    • modular, so that we can continue adding useful features for delegates

Full open-source code will be published soon, however we want to make sure we do a security review before publishing. If you’d like to see the github, feel free to send me a DM.

I hope you’ll see that we are indeed making a good-faith effort to complete this project and plan on improving the website well beyond what was outlined in our original proposal. I can’t wait to share the final product with you all soon.

Michael :red_circle: :sparkles:

3 Likes