Project Name: Boardroom
Author Name: Michael at Boardroom
Number of OP tokens requested: 100,000 OP
L2 Recipient Address: 0xF6a4475a006b28b9996c92bEE27DEEDc38032cDe
Relevant Usage Metrics:
- Boardroom Deployment on Optimism: June 20, 2022
- Boardroom formally deployed on Optimism on June 20th, we will be announcing the integration week-after-next, and would ideally like to announce in conjunction with the initiative outlined below
- Votes on Optimism through Boardroom: 74
- Unique Voters on Optimism through Boardroom: 22
Boardroom is pursuing a mission to increase delegate engagement and participation in our partner DAOs’ governance processes. Optimism Governance is now live on Boardroom.io - a dashboard built to drive greater governance and delegation engagement and improve Delegate’s overall voting and management experience.
- OP tokenholders can now track, analyze, and vote on proposals through the Optimism Governance Page for free, forever
- Delegates can now manage their upcoming governance votes, sign up for notifications, and track their activity through their personal Dashboard
- Delegators can now search, filter, and delegate their voting power using the Delegate Discovery page
- Delegates can create profiles, post delegation pitches, and display their vote and proposal history across 170+ DAOs
A significant pain point for protocol decentralization is lack of governance engagement and more importantly, a lack of accountability for decision-makers. Delegation enables less-engaged Optimism community members to participate in governance via an active governor that represents their interests. This governance-via-proxy enables stakeholders to be represented without following a protocol’s governance minutiae, but it’s important that the small specialized minority of Delegates be transparent and accountable to the broader community.
Boardroom Delegate Discovery enables OP holders to track, research, and delegate to Optimism delegates. The Delegate Discovery page allows OP holders to easily find a delegate that matches and aligns with their interests:
Optimism Delegate Discovery (Card View)
Optimism Delegate Discovery (List View)
How will the OP tokens be distributed?
- 80% of tokens will be distributed to OP holders that delegate or re-delegate their voting power through the Optimism Delegate Discovery page to drive awareness of delegate profiles, stats, and reputation, and increase engagement with Optimism governance.
- 20% of the tokens will be used to subsidize the cost of an analyst to maintain Optimism delegate pages and pitches, as well as adjacent and relevant information about the project on the Optimism Project Page.
How will this distribution incentivize usage and liquidity on Optimism?
GOAL: Increase governance participation and re-delegation activity
Delegation enables broader tokenholder representation in DAO governance. The token distribution will be used to incentivize delegation of voting power through the Boardroom dashboard natively on Optimism, and introduce current Boardroom users to Optimism Governance.
Why will the incentivized users and liquidity remain after incentives dry up?
Boardroom Delegate Discovery surface governance activities that are vital for tokenholder governance participation. Once engaged and familiarized with our products, Optimism tokenholders will continue to rely on Boardroom to vote, redelegate, and stay informed.
Over what period of time will the tokens be distributed?
We do not intend to set a hard timeline for $OP distribution. Instead, we plan to understand the utilization rate of the delegation rewards during the first week of deployment on Optimism, and re-assess the distribution strategy.
Starting the week we receive the funding, we will be distributing a set number of tokens to unique addresses that delegate or re-delegate a minimum of 271 OP tokens, so long as the tokens haven’t moved wallets since the start of the campaign. Based on utilization from this week, we will have clearer guidance on the full distribution timeline.
How much will your project match in co-incentives?
We will not be able to provide co-incentives as Boardroom does not have a token