S4 Intent: Progress Towards Technical Decentralization (Intent 1)
Proposed Mission: Support missions that should deploy OP stack for testing
Proposal Tier: Ember
Please verify that you meet the qualifications for your Tier: I am a new community member that has not worked with or for the Optimism Collective before
Baseline grant amount: 50k OP
% of total available Intent budget: 10%
Alliance Lead: Upnode
Contact info: email@example.com
L2 recipient address: 0xc26E6125B3ec9255fF2b576258742d448e941635
Please list the members of your Alliance and link to any previous work:
We have 3 developers and 1 business. However, we wouldn’t like to expose the identity of our team to the public. However, we are trusted by multiple investors to stake their tokens with us.
TMKMS YubiHSM Installer Interactive Shell: https://github.com/upnodedev/tmkms-yubihsm-install-shell
Celestia Rollup Demo: Celestia Domains: https://github.com/upnodedev/celestia-domains
Celestia Node and Validator ansible installation script with interactive shell: https://github.com/upnodedev/celestia-ansible
Top Bwarelabs (Blast API) Mainnet Operator: https://blastapi.io/explorer
Umee Mainnet Validator: https://www.mintscan.io/umee/validators/umeevaloper1apvm4x22yznxqkwazhh49slucgr34962r2gyau
Agoric Mainnet Validator: https://ping.pub/agoric/staking/agoricvaloper17zvc9nprjjxsagdux9qfn4278hr62qng9q3e4p
EVMOS Mainnet Validator: https://www.mintscan.io/evmos/validators/evmosvaloper19e53dt5r9w2mstt32jnj43xrxlyprnc085tl30
Celestia: Participated in the blockspacerace incentivized testnet as a validator. We are 11th top validator out of 100+ validators in this incentivized testnet
Additionally, we have established a limited number of private validator nodes exclusively dedicated to serving a specific client. Unfortunately, due to confidentiality reasons, we are unable to disclose further details regarding these nodes in this context.
For example, we are among top 20 total GRT staked to operate the graph decentralized network indexer for protocols in the Ethereum mainnet.
Moreover, we currently hold a prominent position as one of the top 40 Casper node validators.
Please explain how this Mission will help accomplish the above Intent:
Many missions require the deployment of OP stack to test their product and hypothesis. With our expertise, we are here to help you on the deployment of OP stack chains. We have outlined missions that potentially benefit from this mission.
- Economic Co-design of Gas Fees for the OP Stack: This mission develop an Economic Co-design Dashboard for designing gas fees for the OP Stack. This proposal may need OP stack deployment to test its hypothesis. We are here to help with the OP stack deployment and aid in the process involving testing your hypothesis by executing your dashboard result in a test OP stack environment.
- Scry Protocol - Fully Decentralized and Independent Oracle and Data Infrastructure: Scry is the only framework in the space that allows anyone to create and run a fully independant oracle with full node, contract and even front end control. Scry proposal has mentioned Cross chain access to external chains that are EVM compatible. Proofing the ultimate decentralization of cross chain access in the Optimism ecosystems requires the deployment of OP stack. We are here to help with testing the cross chain part of Scry by deploying multiple OP stack chains.
- Opclave: Opclave is a project developed by ITU Blockchain for the ETHGlobal hackathon, with the aim of enhancing user experience on blockchains through the utilization of the “OP Stack” and compatible smart contract accounts based on ERC-4337 (Account Abstraction). Its primary objective is to facilitate the creation of non-custodial wallets using Apple’s Touch/Face ID instead of traditional seed phrases. Deploying this enable a vast range of new opportunities in the development field. We are here to leverage our expertise to deploy Opclave.
What makes your Alliance well-suited to execute this Mission?
Our Alliance possesses extensive experience in the validator node sector, with multiple mainnet validators and over $10M TVL. We’ve also demonstrated our proficiency through our previous work, which includes the successful deployment of a vanilla OP Stack chain and the first successful subgraph deployment to an OP Stack chain. Furthermore, we have developed Upnode Deploy to simplify the deployment process of OP Stack. Why don’t we deploy an innovative OP Stack chain ourselves as a pilot chain?
- Demo Video: All in one API Deployment Tool Demo Video - YouTube
- Website: https://deploy.upnode.org
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/upIntern
- Github: upnodedev (Upnode) · GitHub
We have deployed a demo OP Stack chain called Upstack
- Upstack RPC: https://upstack-rpc.upnodedev.xyz/
- Upstack Explorer: https://upstack-explorer.upnodedev.xyz/
We have also deployed a demo subgraph (Gravatar) in Ethereum Mainnet and Upstack (Our OP Stack chain)
- Ethereum Mainnet: https://graph-demo.upnodedev.xyz/mainnet/subgraphs/name/mainnet-gravatar/graphql
- Upstack: https://graph-demo.upnodedev.xyz/upstack/subgraphs/name/upstack-gravatar/graphql
- Monitoring Dashboard: https://graph-demo.upnodedev.xyz/dashboard
Note: for demo purpose only, username: demo password: demo
Feel free to create your gravatar at GravatarRegistry (0x07072C1959816C3216D5518C20176b9fb349D814) - Upstack Explorer and see the change in real time!
Please list a critical milestone. The critical milestone should be a measure of whether you’ve made best efforts to execute what is outlined in this proposal or not. If you fail to achieve your critical milestone, your grant may be clawed back.
- Read through mission proposals to see which mission should deploy OP stack for testing.
- Contact the leader of each missions in this governance forum to do initial cooperation.
- List the mission that we will cooperate with.
- Business development with each mission in the list.
- Publish the plan to support each mission.
- Working closely with each team to provide them with support.
- Deploy (one or many) OP stack based chain to support each mission.
How should Token House delegates measure progress towards this Mission: These should focus on progress towards completion. Including expected completion dates for each is recommended.
- Publish list of the mission to cooperate with by 21 July.
- Publish the plan to support each mission by 15 August.
- Deploy (one or many) OP stack based chain to support each mission expected to have a prototype by the 20th September.
- Since our proposal is highly depend on other mission, our final finish date is depend on these missions. As a result, we don’t have much control over this date.
How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission? These should be focused on performance and may be used by badgeholders to assess your Misson’s impact in the next round of RetroPGF.
- The number of mission proposal cooperate with during season 4
- The number of mission proposal cooperate with after season 4
- The number of total transactions on our deployed OP stack chain
- The number of unique wallet interacting with our deployed OP stack chain
- The number of builder and contributor using the output product of our cooperated missions
Breakdown of Mission budget request:
We may need to hire more business development or developer to execute this proposal in an efficient way.
- Server infrastructure and maintenance cost: 10000 OP
- Business development salary reimbursement: 15000 OP
- Developer salary reimbursement: 25000 OP
I confirm that my grant will be subject to clawback for failure to execute on critical milestones: Yes
I confirm that I have read and understand the grant policies: Yes
I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: Yes
I understand that I will be expected to following the public grant reporting requirements outlined here: Yes