[DRAFT] Stackles, Files and Link management for easy accessibility

S4 Intent: Governance Accessibility (Intent 4)

Proposed Mission: A software tool for DAOs to provide access to their members to key files and links in a reliable UI, improving member access and safety.

**Proposal Tier** 34 (Collective Trust Tiers - #2 34): Ember

Please verify that you meet the qualifications for submitting at the above Tier: I am a new community member that has not worked with or for the Optimism Collective before.

Baseline grant amount: 30k OP

% of total available Intent Budget: 1%

Please check here if access to upfront capital is a barrier to completing your Mission and you would like to be considered for a small upfront cash grant: yes, please consider us for upfront cash.

Alliance name: Stackles

Alliance waitlist website: Stackles

Alliance Lead: Osinachi Patrick

A product person with 4+ years of experience working on a variety of products in different industries (Sonr Inc., Stanrute, Turing and FastHousing). I am passionate about building and enhancing great user experiences and design systems. I approach my work by first systematically understanding the problem from the perspective of users and the business. I have worked with DAOs and Blockchain startups within the past 2 years and have experience in fast paced work environments.

Contact info: sinachpat@gmail.com

L2 recipient address: 0x4Acb075efd8540850D0a86c156e2C7778022A9Ea

Please list the members of your Alliance and link to any previous work:

Obongono Udosen (Research & Marketing) - (https://www.linkedin.com/in/obongono-udosen/)

Soumyadeep Roy (Software Engineer) - (dev-soumyadeep (Soumyadeep Roy) · GitHub)

Tiffany Yang (Software Engineer) - (https://enterthevault.app/, tiff0000 (tiffany6.eth) · GitHub)

Ekta Singh (Project and Business Developmet) - (https://www.web3lex.io/, LinkedIn)

Daniel Ospina (Mentor from RnDAO) - (https://rndao.info/)

Please explain how this Mission will help accomplish the above Intent:

1. File and Link Management: The software tool provides a single reliable and easy to access (URL and chrome plugin) user interface (UI) for managing files and links within DAOs and other organizations. By organising these resources in a verified environment, it eliminates the clutter and confusion that can occur when files and links sharing is scattered across different platforms, channels, or individuals. A dedicated UI that users can familiarise themselves with and trust improves accessibility to important governance-related documents and information. New files or links can simply be distributed to community members by uploading and saying “it’s in Stackles”.
  2. Eliminating Scams: Scams and fraudulent activities can pose a significant risk to DAOs and collectives. The tool helps address this by providing a secure and trusted platform for managing files and links. It can implement security measures such as authentication, access control, and encryption to ensure that only authorized individuals can add, modify, or access the resources. Equally, new files or links can be added to this UI that users already know, hence reducing the risk of phishing. By reducing the risk of scams, the tool improves governance accessibility by fostering trust and confidence within the community.
  3. Streamlined Organization: DAOs and collectives often involve multiple stakeholders, each with their own roles and responsibilities. Stackles makes it easier to organize and structure the files and links according to different categories, permissions, or access levels. This streamlines the management process, making it more efficient and allowing participants to quickly find the information they need. Improved organization and streamlined workflows contribute to better governance accessibility as participants can easily navigate and contribute to the collective decision-making process.
  4. Collaboration and Transparency: Effective governance relies on collaboration and transparency. The tool can facilitate collaboration by enabling participants to upload, share, and discuss files and links within the collective. It can support version control, annotations, and commenting features to encourage constructive discussions and feedback. Furthermore, the tool can provide transparency by maintaining an audit trail of changes. By promoting transparency, the tool enhances governance accessibility.

What makes your Alliance well-suited to execute this Mission?

1. Obongono Udosen (Research & Community Relations): With a focus on research and community, Obongono Udosen can bring valuable insights into understanding the user needs, and effective strategies for promoting and fostering adoption of the tool. Her expertise in community can help drive user acquisition and awareness.
  2. Soumyadeep Roy (Software Engineer): Roy’s background as a software engineer indicates his technical proficiency and ability to contribute to the system design and development of the tool for 1 - millions of users. He has 2 years experience in software development and showcased their skills in previous projects.
  3. Tiffany Yang (Software Engineer): Tiffany is a software engineering ninja with 5 years of experience working with companies like Pixel Vault, Beagle.ai, Brandlume Inc., and Orbiseed. She also has experience as Head of Engineering at Brandlume where she led other engineers building within the firm.
  4. Ekta Singh (Project and Business Development): Ekta Singh’s background in IP Law, project and business development will be valuable in overseeing the execution of the mission. She can contribute to strategic planning, stakeholder management, partnership development, and ensuring the compliance of the project with web3 (or blockchain) regulatory requirements.
  5. Daniel Ospina (Mentor from RnDAO): As a mentor from RnDAO, Daniel Ospina can provide guidance, support, and expertise in navigating the decentralized ecosystem. His experience in decentralized governance and organization design can be beneficial in shaping the project’s governance model and ensuring its alignment with best practices.

Please list a critical milestone. The critical milestone should be a measure of whether you’ve made best efforts to execute what is outlined in this proposal or not. If you fail to achieve your critical milestone, your grant may be clawed back.

How should Token House delegates measure progress towards this Mission: These should focus on progress towards completion. Including expected completion dates for each is recommended.

1. Benchmark Milestone 1: MVP Development — 21st August, 2023
  • Develop the core features of Stackles, including file and link upload, search function, and easy sharing.
  • Develop the backend logic to handle the creation, management, and organization of collections (repository for links), boxes (storage for files) and teams.
  • Implement user management and permission settings for teams, allowing admins to manage access and permissions for collections, boxes, and tools.
  • Create a functional backend system to handle data storage, access control, and security measures.
  • Build a responsive and intuitive user interface (UI) for the web application and browser plugin, ensuring it is user-friendly and compatible with different devices and browsers.
  1. Milestone 2: Beta Launch and Pilot Adoption — 22nd September, 2023
  • Prepare for the beta launch of Stackles, making it available to a select group of Optimism-based communities for pilot adoption.
  • Collect feedback from the initial user base to further refine the features, address any bugs or issues, and optimize performance.
  • Monitor usage patterns, engagement metrics, and user satisfaction to validate the value proposition of Stackles.

How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission? These should be focused on performance and may be used by badgeholders to assess your Misson’s impact in the next round of RetroPGF.

1. Minimum Viable Product Delivery: Make sure a stable first version and maybe improvements of the product is released within the Season.
  2. Adoption Rate: Measure the number of DAOs and collectives and members that have adopted the software tool for file and link management. This KPI indicates the level of acceptance and usage of the tool within the Optimism ecosystem.
  3. User Engagement: Track user engagement metrics such as the number of files and links uploaded, comments and discussions generated, and overall activity within the software tool. Higher user engagement signifies the effectiveness of the tool in facilitating collaboration and information sharing with the Optimism ecosystem.
  4. Reduction in Scams: Monitor the number of reported scams or fraudulent activities within the DAOs and collectives from the period of deploying the tool and a quarter after using the tool. A decrease in such incidents indicates the tool’s effectiveness in enhancing security and reducing risks.
  5. Time Saved in File and Link Management: Calculate the time saved by participants, moderators and core team members of Optimism Collective in managing files and links compared to the previous methods or alternative tools. This KPI reflects the efficiency and productivity gains achieved through the streamlined management provided by the software tool.
  6. Accessibility and Ease of Use: Gather feedback on the accessibility and ease of use of the tool through user surveys or usability testing. This KPI measures user satisfaction and indicates the tool’s ability to improve accessibility for participants with varying levels of technical expertise.
  7. Governance Efficiency: Assess the impact of the tool on the overall governance efficiency as it provides a source of truth within the DAOs and collectives. This can be measured by tracking the speed of decision-making processes, the accuracy of information dissemination, and the level of safety within the DAOs and collectives.
  8. Feedback and Recommendations: Collect feedback and recommendations from DAO members, collectives, and stakeholders after a quarter of using the tool. This qualitative data can provide insights into areas of improvement and inform future iterations of the tool.

Breakdown of Mission budget request:

Product Development and Distribution:

→ Webapp & Browser extensions (multiple browser compatible extensions) development (160hrs (@50 OP/hr) = 8,000 OP)

→ Backend, Integrations, Services (160hrs (@50 OP/hr) = 8,000 OP)

→ Product, Brand, Marketing Design (160hrs (@50 OP/hr) = 8,000 OP)

→ Product Distribution, Sales and Marketing (3,000)

→ Tools, Infrastructure & Operations/Governance (3,000)

Total: 30,000 OP

I confirm that my grant will be subject to clawback for failure to execute on critical milestones: Yes

I confirm that I have read and understand the grant policies: Yes

I understand that I will be required to provide additional KYC information to the Optimism Foundation to receive this grant: Yes

I understand that I will be expected to following the public grant reporting requirements outlined here: Yes

1 Like

This project is interesting insofar as it seeks to integrate DAO communications and indicates a security feature. I wonder if this might be better directed to projects within the Optimism ecosystem rather than to Optimism itself. While the grants council has migrated to a parallel platform with CharmVerse under @Gonna.eth’s direction, this is best seen as an experiment to be evaluated at the end of Season 4. It is a delicate balance to add project management features while preserving a hub / schelling point for the DAO membership to connect.

It might be worth considering whether this Mission proposal is best formulated as a Builders grant under Intent 2. As I am not a reviwer, I cannot speak to the merits from a Grants Council perspective, but directing the proposal to grants might allay the potential problem of forum fragmentation.

It is worth adding some detials, particularly regarding the critical milestone and the stage of the project to date under any circumstance.

3 Likes

@danelund.eth thank you so much for the points you outlined.
As per having this as a project grants proposal under Intent 2. That would make sense if this can come as a dual proposal.
Also, this would not just be another Charmverse, Stackles builds a bridge across all the different tools a DAO uses from Snapshot to Notion to Charmverse.
Yes, collections (links to different platforns) and boxes (files, audio, videos etc) can be token gated on Stackles too.

I would echo @danelund.eth’s sentiments that this proposal would be better suited as a builders grant application to the Grants Council as I can see it being a valuable tool for the broader Optimism ecosystem rather than solving a problem that is currently limiting accessibility to Optimism governance.

It is important that we not fragment governance discussions across multiple platforms and so there is a strong preference to keep Optimism governance conversations consolidated on Discourse with all Grants Council activity occurring on Charmverse (as a Season 4 pilot experiment) for now.

I’m not sure what you mean by submitting a “dual proposal” but individual proposals may only be submitted under 1 Intent. Therefore, you would need to either submit this is an application to the Grants Council or leave it as a Mission Proposal under Intent #4.

1 Like

@lavande and @danelund.eth It might be too late now but I’d like to advocate for Stackles.
Although Lee, Lavande and Vee have supported me, finding the links to apply and navigate Optmism has been quite difficult and time-consuming. A solution such as Stackles (a Linktree for DAOs sort of thing) would make it a lot easier for me and many others to quickly find the links we need to read the instructions, find where to apply, etc.