Delegate Commitments [OLD]

Name : Alejandro Santander a.k.a. The Ethernaut

Address or ENS: theethernaut.eth

Discord username : Ethernaut#2991

Verification (Tally profile or tweet):

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: Yep

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yep

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

I believe that Optimism has done an incredible job so far towards scaling Ethereum, and I want to make sure that it continues down it’s righteous path via it’s open governance. I believe that I understand which values need to be preserved, after being a part of the Ethereum community almost since it’s beginning.

My view on the Optimistic Vision:

I am a strong believer of public goods, and I think that we’re just starting to see the tip of the iceberg for them within Ethereum. I am strongly aligned with the vision that Optimism has, and I believe that it will be a big deal for the world in the next few years. We will start to see more and more things materializing in Ethereum that represent public goods for all humanity.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

Totally agree with iteration and experimentation. We are not experts in politics, but we can experiment much faster than any physical entity can. We should also strive to achieve non plutocratic on-chain governance at all costs. Having a foundation with one foot in meatspace is also critical.

My Web3 interests:

Governance for better human coordination, DeFi for financial freedom, Tooling just because I am a nerd and I can’t help it.

Languages I speak and write:

English (en)
Spanish (es)

My skills and areas of expertise:

Smart contract developer.

My favorite Web3 projects:

Synthetix, Optimism, EthernautDAO.

9 Likes