Grants Council Reviewer Nominations: Season 5

Alejandro Santander Self-Nomination

Council sub-committee:

Builders

If you are a delegate, please provide the link to your delegate commitment: Delegate Commitments [OLD] - #41 by ethernaut

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you:
0.66%

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date:

5% - My participation has been minimal because, shortly after becoming a delegate, I took an extended break from crypto due to health issues. Essentially, I overexerted myself and needed time to recover from burnout. I’m back now.

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared:

Please outline any other contributions to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

My primary contribution was during the early days of Optimism. I collaborated with Karl and Kevin to implement Synthetix on the Optimism L2. I believe ours was the first complex protocol to run entirely on an L2. At that time, developing for Optimism was challenging. I think my efforts significantly influenced the improved developer experience on Optimism today.

Do you have a technical background? If so, please elaborate:

I’ve been a smart contract developer at the application layer for nearly 7 years and a developer for a total of 15 years. I’ve served as a Core Contributor for Synthetix, been part of the Aragon One team at Aragon, and worked as a smart contract auditor for Open Zeppelin. Among the various applications I’ve audited is the Solidity compiler. Furthermore, I’ve played a role in developing numerous smart contract tools, including pioneering the router proxy architecture technology, which is now instrumental in building some of the most intricate smart contract systems out there.

Have you previously served on a Token House Council or committee? If so, please specify which:

No. This would be my first :crossed_fingers:

Please demonstrate any experience you believe is relevant to this role:

If this refers to my experience with councils or committees:

• I served on the Synthetix Spartan Council for over a year.
  • I was also a member of the Synthetix Core Contributor Committee for more than a year.
  • I’ve been on the EthernautDAO council since its founding.
  • I am a candidate for the Optimism Security Council.

While I haven’t yet served in such a capacity within the Optimism ecosystem, my involvement in other Ethereum sub-communities has given me a strong understanding of the dynamics at play.

Please demonstrate expertise relevant to your Council sub-committee:

My extensive experience as a developer is pivotal. The ability to technically evaluate a project is crucial for the committee’s overall success.

Furthermore, my role in the Synthetix Core Contributor Committee, tantamount to founder-level management, has broadened my perspective beyond just the technical. This understanding is vital for the success of any entrepreneurial venture. Such experience will be invaluable in identifying projects with the highest potential for success.

Please describe your philosophy on what makes a good Governance Fund grant:

Projects should:

• Add genuine value, not just financial. They should resonate with the core values that unite this industry and build with that depth of understanding.
  • Stay grounded. While this industry is groundbreaking, it’s vital to avoid getting lost in overambition. Balancing disruptive creativity with iterative progress is key to staying rooted in reality.
  • Exhibit resilience. Navigate the challenges of the Ethereum landscape, recognizing the hurdles and strategizing effectively in the dark forest.

What types of Mission Requests do you think will help achieve the Season 5 Intents?

For season 5’s success, I advocate for small, straightforward, and open tools and applications. This means tools that elegantly address specific challenges in the Optimism tech stack and applications on Optimism tailored to specific human needs.

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest:

None that I am aware of.

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct 1:

I am perfectly aligned with all the items discussed in the code of conduct.

Please verify that you understand KYC will be required to receive Council rewards at the end of Season 5:

Yes, I understand.

Please verify that you are able to commit ~20 hours / week to reviewing grant applications and other Council operations:

Yes, I can.

14 Likes