Delegate Commitments [OLD]

Name: FranklinDAO (Penn Blockchain)

Address or ENS: FranklinDAO.eth

Discord username: Juanbug#9225

Verification: @PennBlockchain tweet

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: :white_check_mark:

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: :white_check_mark:

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
Hello everyone! We’re Penn Blockchain (@PennBlockchain on twitter), a leading, completely student run blockchain organization from The University of Pennsylvania for both our undergraduate and graduate schools. The club currently has over 50 members and we’re expecting many more in the semesters to come!

Penn Blockchain has committees covering Governance, Research, Education, Business Development, and Development/Web3. On the governance side of things, our team has different members leading governance initiatives for different protocols we have delegations for. Current Penn Blockchain delegations include Aave, Compound, Uniswap, DyDx, IndexCoop, Maker, etc. Each week, governance leads will share updates with the club about new proposals and we will all debate about what to do before voting with our wallet.

We’d love to be your $OP delegate as many of us have been closely following Optimism for a while now. Our weekly discussions combine graduates with years of expertise in many jurisdictions with many bright minded undergrads eager to leave their impact and names in Web3.

My view on the Optimistic Vision:
“Together, we will create the future of coordinated, collaborative cyberspace.” We couldn’t have put it better ourselves. The ushering in of a new digital democratic governance used to drive rapid and sustained growth is one that resonates well with us, and something we entirely support!

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:

1. This is a working constitution: We like the introductory period before the constitution becomes the Bedrock Constitution. As with most novel things, we will have to change and amend multiple things; this allows us to do just that.
  2. OP Citizens and OP Holders will equally coexist within the Collective: We are in support of the bicameral governance system. As stated, short-term incentives and long term visions must be aligned.
  3. The Optimism Foundation will be a steward of the Optimism Collective and its early governance model: We understand that the Optimism Foundation will at times have to step in. We expect, as well as are confident, that the Optimism Foundation will act in the best interest of the ecosystem.

My Web3 interests:
Defi, DAOs, Gaming, NFT, Governance (and so much more, name one thing and we’re confident multiple people in our club will share that similar interest)

Languages I speak and write:
The member spearheading the Optimism governance initiative (@juanbugeth on twitter) is fluent in English and Chinese. However, our club members’ come from some of the most diverse countries in the world. Pretty much all of these languages are accounted for.

My favorite Web3 projects: We currently help with governance for Maker, Compound, Uniswap, DyDx, Aave, IndexCoop, etc.

18 Likes