Delegate Commitments [OLD]

Name: ParaSwap

Address or ENS: oeth:0xc94ae9860B37170c08e51f453F8124A86cd7c0Cd

Discord username: Oxytocin#4643 , representing on behalf of ParaSwap

Verification (Tally profile or tweet): Protocol Delegation Vote, Current Delelgate Individual Commitment

I have read and understood the Delegate Commitment Process: :white_check_mark:

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: :white_check_mark:

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

ParaSwap is a middleware and aggregator. Thus, it is essential for us to maintain good communication with all of the protocols that we connect to, as well as the ones that decide to integrate us for their aggregation options. This places ParaSwap in a position where not only do we wish to acquaint ourselves with all major DeFi protocols of the space, but also where the success of these protocols and the Optimism system in general also directly benefits the protocol, leading to a positive sum situation where the protocol is incentivised to ensure the sustainable growth of the Optimism ecosystem.

However, I think that our greatest alignment with the optimism ecosystem extends further than just being an aggregator, and more also into the core principles that are more unique to ParaSwap. In a similar vein to Optimism, ParaSwap has built itself with the long-term vision of being a public good middleware which facilitates access to the web3 space.

We believe that ParaSwap not only serves as a public good which assists with the access to the decentralised world, but also helps maintain things decentralised. A good example of this is liquidity pools, where rather than having to concentrate all capital into a recognisable pool, ParaSwap allows pools to be decentralised and be able to compete with each other to provide the best final rates for the users, using whichever innovative approach they decide.

One major example of our commitment to become a socially-aligned public goodcan be seen in the recently passed PSP 2.0 proposal from our DAO. In it, we not only decide to allocate 80% of accrued fees to our staked users, but we also experiment with the introduction of a new system in the DeFi space of Social Escrow. The idea of social escrow is to allocate the fees to users that contribute the most positive externalities to the protocol.

My view on the Optimistic Vision:
These are the views of the Optimistic Vision from current Protocol Representative @Oxytocin :

The Optimistic vision is something that I find both ambitious and incredibly encouraging in equal parts. After all, the idea of having a collective that manages to foster public goods sustainably is one that society has struggled to accomplish (or even try) for hundreds of years.

Despite this cynical take, I believe that Web 3 not only strongly needs to try to follow this ideals as well as they can, but also that thanks to the unique mindset of Web3 of Decentralisation, Open Source and Decentralised Governance we have a pretty good shot of building something great here.

My view on the first three articles of the Working Constitution:
These are the views of the Working Constitution from current Protocol Representative @Oxytocin :

1. I understand, and welcome this approach of experimentation. The whole space is only a few years old, so it makes sense that we must iterate and grow over time for the Working Constitution as well.

2. I am excited to see this bicameral system being used for Optimistic Governance. Similar to what I said in my first point, our current systems of governance are new, so this new approach to balancing short and long term visions is exciting.

3. As many others have said before, I understand the need of the Foundation to assist with the establishment of the collective, and over time decentralise itself more and more as the Collective becomes self-sustaining and resilient.

My Web3 interests:
Choose ≀ five from the following set. List them as comma-separated values as your answer, like: β€œA, B, C”.

DAOs, DeFi, Infrastructure

Languages I speak and write:
EN

5 Likes