Anticapture Commission Lead Nominations

As outlined in the Anticapture Commission proposal, Commission members must elect a Lead at the start of Season 5. The Commission Lead must:

• Qualify to be a member of the Anticapture Commission (Current Council Leads are not eligible to be the Commission Lead)
  • Draft the Commission’s Internal Operating Procedures by January 24th
  • Organize regular commission meetings. It is suggested that meeting minutes or summaries be made available to the community.
  • Execute votes from the delegation wallet, according to the outcomes of commission votes (possibly via a commission snapshot space)
  • Author, or coordinate authorship, of any reports circulated to the Citizens’ House, according to the process outlined here . A report must have 4 delegate approvals from commission members to be considered valid.
  • Calculate qualifying delegates at the mid-point of the Season and before the start of the next Season, including assessment of whether Members have upheld the Member Responsibilities
  • Exercise decision-making authority in the event that the commission cannot come to consensus on a matter (ie. serve as tie breaker).

Any qualifying member of the Commission may self-nominate themselves by posting their nomination on the forum by January 2nd at 23:59 GMT. Self-nominations should follow the template below.

The Commission Lead will be elected by Commission members between January 4th - January 11th via a simple majority vote, likely conducted via a public Commission Snapshot space. The first Token House vote of Season 5 will begin January 18th.

Anticapture Commission Lead Self-Nomination Template

Please keep your answers as concise as possible while conveying all relevant information.

Please provide the link to your delegate commitment:

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: (voting power can be referenced here )

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date:

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: (You may link to your Snapshot and/or Agora profile for voting history. You may link to your delegate communication thread, or any other medium you use to communicate with your delegators, to share your voting rationale.)

Please outline any other contributions to the Optimism ecosystem to date:

Please demonstrate any experience you believe is relevant to this role:

Please disclose any anticipated conflicts of interest:

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct : [yes/no]

I understand that as the Commission Lead, I will be a signer on the Commission’s multi-signature wallet, and will be responsible for voting on behalf of the Commission: [yes/no]

5 Likes

GM EthFam, I’m a little concerned that no one has volunteered for this role yet, and while I can understand that a lot of effort for no reward doesn’t seem appealing, it probably is a position we need to fill. I guess the other option is to divide out these responsibilities amongst the Commission members, but even that would need someone to take responsibility for coordinating it all.

If no one else is going to do it then I’ll put my name forward and then we’ll be in a right mess, you all know I don’t have a professional or diplomatic bone in my body, I’d hide behind my PFP in any video meetings (don’t even have a camera on my PC, let alone any desire to dox myself…) and if forced to write reports they would be both excessively verbose and filled with my personal opinions. According to Dune 0.29% of the voteable supply has been delegated to me, from 1,087 addresses, but considering I’ve never really bothered with crypto Twitter or Discord or whatever that’s probably almost entirely from members of the EthFinance subreddit, who all undoubtedly care much more about the health of the broader Ethereum ecosystem than about Optimism specifically.

I have also demonstrated a recurring irreverence for the behaviour of some of the biggest teams building in the Optimism ecosystem and have shown a history over the last 18 months of prioritizing the sanctity of Ethereum L1 over incentivizing use of Optimism.

In terms of relevant experience, I’ve never done anything like this in crypto. I guess spending a few years researching and pushing back against online political manipulation is tangentially relevant, but I don’t think that the threats to Optimism governance are going to be coming from Russian troll farms or Cambridge Analytica analogues - hopefully!

As another example of why I would be unsuitable, while I do sometimes leave the odd comment that others seem to appreciate I have never even bothered to create a ‘Delegate communications thread’. I’m also purely here representing myself and hopefully some of the thoughts of some of the EthFinancers / EVMavericks, I’m not building or paid by any dApp teams or whatever and as such am not restrained by the need to protect the image of some larger entity, meaning I can share rude or irresponsible opinions to my heart’s content… other than of course abiding by Optimism’s own code of conduct!

Anyway, as I’ve hopefully laid out in plenty of detail above, I would not be a sensible choice to hold this leadership position, so please take this as a call to other, more responsible volunteers to self-nominate. I’d do it if no one else wants to, but please lets try to avoid that outcome!

EDIT: Look I couldn’t even follow this instruction!

Please keep your answers as concise as possible while conveying all relevant information.

8 Likes

GFX Labs is willing to serve as lead on this commission if, and only if, there are no other willing applicants. (@MinimalGravitas can clarify if they’re willing to take the role?)

Please provide the link to your delegate commitment: Here

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: 3.8% of delegated OP is delegated to GFX Labs.

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: Please refer to our communication thread - it contains a complete record of GFX votes and why each vote was made.

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: Here

GFX Labs holds a seat on the Grants Council, and has since its inception.

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct : Yes

I understand that as the Commission Lead, I will be a signer on the Commission’s multi-signature wallet, and will be responsible for voting on behalf of the Commission: Yes

3 Likes

Please provide the link to your delegate commitment: Optimism Agora

If you are a delegate, please indicate what % of votable supply is delegated to you: (voting power can be referenced here ) 0.04%

If you are a delegate, please indicate your voting participation rate in OP governance to date: 100%

Please link to your voting history and any voting rationale you’ve shared: (You may link to your Snapshot and/or Agora profile for voting history. You may link to your delegate communication thread, or any other medium you use to communicate with your delegators, to share your voting rationale.)
Agora
Communication thread

govNERD

Badgeholder RetroPGF 3

Session on Optimism Governance for Beginners in Spanish

1. I’ve been an active delegate since April’23, actively participating in forum discussions and engaging in governance conversations on Discord. This experience has allowed me to deeply understand Optimism’s mission and its governance intricacies. I have voted on 100% of the proposals, demonstrating my commitment.
  2. My background as a community manager and community builder has equipped me with valuable skills in communication, engagement, and relationship-building.
  3. My bachelor’s degree in accounting has honed my ability to be efficient, organized, and systematic in my approach.
  4. As a govNERD I’m familiar with our governance calendar and procedures.

N/A

Please verify that you agree to abide by the Code of Conduct : Yes

I understand that as the Commission Lead, I will be a signer on the Commission’s multi-signature wallet, and will be responsible for voting on behalf of the Commission: Yes

8 Likes

My position was very similar to your own, I’d do it if no one else wanted to. Hopefully that was fairly clear from my comment… I’m not sure what we would have done if it was just the two of us unenthusiastically ‘applying’ but now that @brichis has volunteered I’ll happily stand down and let someone more sensible take the position of leadership!

3 Likes

Confirming that GFX is withdrawing its application for this position since there is a willing applicant.

2 Likes