Delegate Mission Request Summary:
To improve wide understanding and participation in Optimism Governance, I propose creating an Optimism Intern account on X and Farcaster that creates and distributes digestible content that simplifies understanding of complex topics and detailed processes. The engaging and straightforward tone of the “Intern” has proven to drive excitement and meaningful engagement for protocols and companies, and I believe it will be able to increase the overall understanding and participation of Optimism Governance.
S5 Intent Please list the Intent your Request aligns with here: Improve Governance Accessibility
Proposing Delegate: Brichis
Proposal Tier: Ember Tier
Baseline grant amount: 15k OP
Should this Foundation Mission be fulfilled by one or multiple applicants: One
Submit by: To be set by Grants Council
Selection by: To be set by Grants Council
Start date: February, 2024
Completion date: December, 2024
How will this Delegate Mission Request help accomplish the above Intent?
To help Optimism Governance become more accessible and progress towards more involvement across all the OP Chains, the OP Intern will produce engaging and simple content that makes complex topics, conversations, and detailed operations such as Law of Chains, Intents, Seasons, RPGF, and the OPerating Manual, simple to understand and participate in for existing and new Optimism Collective members.
The engaging and straightforward tone of the “Intern” has proven to drive excitement and meaningful engagement for protocols and companies; a great example is the
VanEck Intern , which made a legacy organization refreshing and interactive. The Intern gained 30.000 followers in the last 3 months, realized high engagement on their content, and increased the overall perception of VanEck from the Web3 industry.
What is required to execute this Delegate Mission Request?
To run a proper OP Intern account, one needs the right skills and context:
- A deep understanding of Optimism Governance, Tech, and Operations.
- The ability to engage with Optimism stakeholders to get their perspective and support
- An existing network in the Superchain.
- Commitment to actively participate in discussion by attending physical and virtual events.
- The ability to research and write engaging content that simplifies complex topics.
- The ability to create visuals and memes that encapture key messages.
- The ability to host and facilitate OP stakeholders to get their messages across.
How should badge holders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?
- Following and reaching X and Farcaster.
- Engagement of the content produced relative to existing governance-related accounts.
- Completeness and timeliness of content produced, is the communication in sync with the developments and needs of OP Governance.
- Perceived quality of produced content.
Have you engaged a Grant-as-a-service provider for this Mission Request?
Has anyone other than the Proposing Delegate contributed to this Mission Request?