Intent 4: Improve Governance Accessibility
Baseline grant amount:
190,000 OP in total
- Up to 150,000 OP distributed to mission contributors
- Up to 40,000 OP distributed to service provider, covering tech, integrations, and support
Should this Delegate Mission be fulfilled by one or multiple applicants:
To be set by Grants Council
To be set by Grants Council
July 31st, 2024
How will this Delegate Mission Request help accomplish the above Intent?
Delegates and badgeholders are responsible for making decisions about how best to allocate OP in support of the future of our ecosystem. Yet we don’t have adequate resources to help us understand the value and impact of different proposals, and best vote on allocations.
This mission request is to incentivize our greater Optimism community to build infrastructure and content that helps us better perform our roles. By incentivizing our community to help us, and validating / rewarding when they do, we will do better work, create more value, and improve our governance.
Here’s how it works:
- Delegates and badgeholders will clarify our most important support needs.
- Mission Contributors will be incentivized to contribute projects that address those needs
- Projects will be validated upon value creation and rewarded for their contributions.
Please explain alignment with the relevant Intent:
The Collective wants to prioritize accessibility to create governance structures that welcome a broad range of Optimists to participate, including new delegates and badgeholders. Accessibility, specifically, means making it feasible for smart, dedicated people to efficiently, and effectively do our jobs.
The biggest blocker to better governance is not desire. People want to help. It is making it easy for top people to help. This mission will clear barriers for existing and new talent to support, and to provide better support. Example of support needs might include:
- Due diligence connected to mission proposals, rPGF, and more
- Follow up data on how previous funding has created impact
- Forming working groups to improve coordination and communication
What is required to execute this Delegate Mission Request?
We need feedback from delegates and badgeholders about the biggest needs and opportunities for content creation. We will get this via an engagement survey + follow up conversations.
We need technology and support to share, validate contributions, rewards, and attest on-chain, as well as a page to summarize and aggregate the content.
Please list responsibilities and/or expected deliverables:
- Delegate and badgeholder feedback
- Display of various sets of contribution activities to the Optimism community
- Enabling people and teams to commit to contribution activities
- Automating validations at various stages of value creation
- Rewarding contributors with OP and attesting to all contributions on-chain
- Onboarding delegates and badgeholders to support infrastructure and content
How should the Token House measure progress towards this Mission?
- Before/after delegate and badgeholder ratings on ease of performing governance responsibilities
- Number of projects committed to and completed to support badgeholders and delegates
How should badgeholders measure impact upon completion of this Mission?
- Improvement in governance accessibility index
- Improvement in NPS of all delegates and badgeholders
Have you engaged a Grant-as-a-service provider for this Mission Request?
Yes. We have engaged ThriveCoin - they supported the Ambassador deployment in Season 4, which far exceeded critical milestones. They also support ApeCoin, Arbitrum, and other communities at scale.
Has anyone other than the Proposing Delegate contributed to this Mission Request?
Yes. Daniel Jacobs (thrivegiraffe) and Senad Dilji (senad.eth) contributed. They introduced and brainstormed this idea with me and other delegates. It reflects a clear need, and I feel comfortable they can execute on it after their successes with Ambassadors in Mission 4.