Tooling & Utilities nominations for RPGF2

Project Name

Otterspace

Description
Otterspace is building an easy-to-use toolkit for DAOs and Web3 communities to create, distribute, and manage Soulbound tokens (also known as non-transferable Tokens or Badges) on Optimism. These tokens can be used to signal community membership and status, in governance, as rewards, education credentials, and more. Otterspace is an Optimism-first project and has brought dozens of communities (incl. Bankless DAO, Radicle DAO, and Cabin DAO) onto the chain. It has helped hundreds of users to get their first experience with the Optimism ecosystem (over 900 Badges have been minted so far).

The Otterspace protocol allows other projects to build their Soulbound token protocols on top of Otterspace & Optimism, which projects like the Token Engineering Academy or SafeSend have done.

Otterspace is contributing to the tooling & utilities of DAOs and Web3 communities and contributes to making Optimism an attractive option for new communities to start.

As a launch partner of the Attestation Station, Otterspace will upload attestations, contributing to the Optimism NFT project.

I believe that Otterspace’s work, building and launching tools for DAOs, and the positive impact it is having on the ecosystem, make them a great candidate for the RPGF.

Links

Disclaimer

Otterspace is using the EIP-4973 and EIP-5912 standards for Soulbound tokens (account-bound tokens) that I developed (and am also nominated for) and has funded my work between May 2022 and July 2022. We have been working closely on progressing the state of Soulbound tokens and are proud contributors to the optimistic vision.

5 Likes